how many calories does a pound of muscles burn?
- 07-20-2010, 05:52 PM
- 07-21-2010, 12:59 PM
- 5'9" 160 lbs.
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
This is pretty hard to quantify. 1lb of muscle at rest will burn some (but not much) So it is true that having more lean mass will increase your resting calorie requirements.
However I would argue that if you use your muscle poundage to do something useful like cycling, running, squatting and the like you will burn a lot more calories with your muscle.
Why do you want to know how much 1lb of muscle burns at rest? Just curiosity or are you using it to calculate something?
Similar Forum Threads
- By brownstown89 in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
- By redman24 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 13Last Post: 01-30-2011, 01:13 AM
- By Dogsoldier in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 10-02-2007, 01:44 PM
- By RedwolfWV in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 8Last Post: 04-21-2006, 05:34 PM
- By Chippewa in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 13Last Post: 06-17-2005, 05:00 PM