BB'ing and Caddying

freakdego21

Awards
Hey. Im currently training DC Style M W F and work as a caddy 5-6 times a week. Im concerned that the amount of calories burned caddying might be affecting my gains. I want to put on as much lean mass as possible by the end of summer. Im currently 5'8 190 at about 12% bf.

On Wednesday and Friday i usually lift in the morning and then head to work. Once out on the course i have 2 bags on my shoulders and am out there for about 4 hours walking 6 miles. In that 4 hour span out on the course i eat sum turkey slices, eggs and tuna along with some carrots i bring from home. Its usually about 60g of protein, like 20g fat and like 15g carbs while out on the course. Do you guys think this is sufficient or should a bring a shake out there with me with protein and carbs or fat?

My total cals on lifitn and working days is about 3500 and on just work days about 2500. Do u think these numbers should come up? Im open for any suggestions. Thanks

surreallmlan

Awards
I know what u mean. I am a mail carrier and walk 10 miles a day. U just have to keep adding calories until u gain. Sucks having to eat so much more than those with less active jobs, but u gotta do what u gotta do.

surreallmlan

Awards
Also, keep the calories up on the non workout days. U are growing every day of the week.

freakdego21

Awards
Thanks for the advice. Yea i was thinking i should eat more on my off days but im afraid to gain fat. I cut my carbs down to about 50g on off days and its hard for me to get my calories up. If u dont mind me asking how many calories are u taking in daily and what are your meals like while your out on your route?

surreallmlan

Awards
I have to eat about 5500 calories to gain in the hot weather. About 4500 when it is cold. It's amazing how many calories u burn when active in hot weather. On route, I drink two shakes with a cup of oatmeal in each, 1/4 cup of raisens, 1/4 cup of almonds, two boiled eggs, two turkey sandwiches and a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread. U can add a spoonful of olive oil to ur shakes for extra calories. I space these out at 10, 1230, 3 oclock.
Multiply ur weight by 18 to come up with ur calories. If not gaining after one week, try multiplying 20, then 21, then 22, and so on. Fats gains come with muscle gains, just don't over do it and eat clean. Don't be afraid of carbs, u need them for energy to build muscle.

freakdego21

Awards
alrite im definitely guna start slowly upping my cals. Thanks for the info and advice. Im going to start bringing a shake with me for on the course. That helped alot and reassured me that i need to eat more, Thanks again

steakboy

Thanks for the advice. Yea i was thinking i should eat more on my off days but im afraid to gain fat. I cut my carbs down to about 50g on off days and its hard for me to get my calories up. If u dont mind me asking how many calories are u taking in daily and what are your meals like while your out on your route?
don't be afraid to gain fat. better to gain some and get muscle in the process and just drop the fat later. i hate to be a cutting/bulking phase advocate, but... if you're doing all this for LOOK rather than function, then... well i find that it works well to do the ole cut/bulk.

i usually choose spring to start my cut so i look pretty for the chickies in the summer.