High Trigycerides

boomboy

Awards
Hey All,

I got some blood work today - everything was in order aside from high triglycerides (1.97 which was over the healthy range of 0.6-1.7) which made me worry a bit. Other figures to note were:

HDL - 0.9
LDL 2.3
Cholesterol - 4.1 (3.5-5)
Total Testosterone - 16.9
LH - 3.5 (1.5-9)
FSH - 3.4 (1.5-9)
Prolactin - 177 (60-390)
TSH - 2.4 (0.3-5.1)

I'm bulking up and wondered if it's just a case of adding more cardio because I don't want to cut back on my calories as it's the only way I gain weight!? Just wondering if anyone might glance over these values were anything to worry about?

Many thanks for any advice!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd cut back on fatty meats and substitute in leaner, maybe add more fiber too. Overall calories doesn't affect triglycerides.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Try adding in some extra Omega 3's, some Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10. You can add some cardio but don't go catabolic since youre bulking. Just be a little more conscious about what you eat.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
this happened to me one time when i got blood work for being on accutane. i ate a breakfast with 3 whole eggs, cheese and bacon etc before getting blood work and my trigs were way high. so it can fluctuate alot depending on what you eat before you get the tests....so maybe try again after you fast?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
this happened to me one time when i got blood work for being on accutane. i ate a breakfast with 3 whole eggs, cheese and bacon etc before getting blood work and my trigs were way high. so it can fluctuate alot depending on what you eat before you get the tests....so maybe try again after you fast?
Oh a temporary spike in your blood levels.. Didn't think about this one! Good thing to consider bro

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd cut back on fatty meats and substitute in leaner, maybe add more fiber too. Overall calories doesn't affect triglycerides.
its the sugars that cause this.

whatever your diet is LOWER carbohydrates and INCREASE mono unsaturated fats to meet the calories your reducing from Carbs.

This should help immensly.

boomboy

Awards
That's really helpful, thanks.

My levels were checked while fasting so it wasn't a temporary spike...

I'll definitely be getting in more avocados, nuts, olive/coconut oil then because I was seriously knocking back the oats/bread to make up the calories.

I was figuring on limiting my cardio to 20 minutes 4 or 5 days a week. Would anyone say it's sufficient to limit health risks associated with bulking?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's really helpful, thanks.

My levels were checked while fasting so it wasn't a temporary spike...

I'll definitely be getting in more avocados, nuts, olive/coconut oil then because I was seriously knocking back the oats/bread to make up the calories.

I was figuring on limiting my cardio to 20 minutes 4 or 5 days a week. Would anyone say it's sufficient to limit health risks associated with bulking?
30 min 3x a week is fine, i do it PWO only ATM

boomboy

Awards
Update: Since yesterday, I've cut back on 80% of the oats I was eating and cut out bread altogether - ate a lot of green vegetables/humous/ and 2 had smoothies with my new favourite addition, avocados..delicious. Upped the oilive oil intake also so hopefully the calories are still high. I have to say, I already feel a lot 'clearer'. It's hard to explain but I actually feel I have more energy and focus after just one day of this.

These are the supps I'm currently taking, I'm thinking they'll work even better now :D

gliSODin
Testopro
Toco 8
Zinc
Fish oil
Vit C
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
Ashwagandha
ALCAR
ALA

Thanks guys...