Benefiting from Liquid Meals

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You could benefit from liquid meals. Here's what you do...

Whether you're bulking or cutting, an extremely easy way to get your required nutrition is through liquid meals. Only think about making up to a couple of meals into liquid meals though since you need solid foods for a healthy digestion system.

When I say liquid meals I mean anything you can drink. For instance, it would take me a good 10 minutes to eat a big bowl of oatmeal but it only takes 20 seconds to chug some oatmeal powder mixed with water (or milk or whatever).

Here's an example of cheap, effective liquid meal:

* Load all of this into a blender:
2 cups of milk (low fat or high fat depending on desired calories)
** Or you can use part milk part water for reduced calories.
1/2 cup of oatmeal ground into a powder (use a coffee grinder)
2 scoops protein (preferably a blend, but you can use whey)
1 ripe banana
Optional: For additional calories, you can add PB. Also tastes really good.

You can easily cram 1000 calories worth of quality nutrition into a single meal that you can drink in 30 seconds!

You can add or take away whatever, but you get the idea. The shake I mentioned above is good for a first meal if you don't have a big appetite when you wake up. It taste like a dessert (granted it is high in sugars) but it's loaded with nutrition and is very easy to drink. I'd only add the banana if it was a morning or mid-day shake. You can make these things low-sugar, just watch what you put in it. You can pretty much use your imagination here!

Some items you could use to make an easy liquid meal (blender required)
Milk (any kind of milk)
Cream
Oats
Fruits
Vegetables
Protein Powders (preferably a blend)
Pasteurized Egg Whites
Peanut or Almond Butter
Yogurt
Zero Calorie Flavorings (such as vanilla extract)
* Anything you can grind up and put in a blender will do. The benefit of making your own meal is that you know exactly what's being put into it!

Drinkable meals don't sit on your stomach like solid meals do, so during the course of eating so much in a given day, your less likely to have any stomach problems due to large amounts of solid foods upsetting the stomach.

I've been reading up on the health benefits of cinnamon and it definitely seems like something you could add to one of these shakes. Check this article out!
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/30/9/2236.full

Tip: Oats are a great source of carbohydrate and fiber but some people don't like oatmeal. Just get an electronic coffee grinder! I can load 1/2 cup of oats in at one time, grind it for about 10 seconds and it becomes a powder. Then I can mix it in with some milk and some protein powder and I have a easy-to-drink meal. Or if you just want to add some quick carbs to a meal, grind up some oatmeal, mix it with water and chug it down. You can literally chug 27g of quality carbs in about 10 seconds or less!

If you're bulking, you would definitely want to take advantage of drinkable meals. For those of us who find it somewhat of a hassle to cram food all day, these shakes are almost a must-have! If I was wanting to shoot for 3600 calories every day and I drink a couple of 900 calorie shakes per day, I've knocked off half of my required calories making the other half in solid foods much easier to put down.

Just make them in a blender, load them in a thermos and you're ready to go. It's also a good idea to keep these things cold.

Cheers!

P.S - Feel free to post good recipes if you have any!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is what i use and i love it for all who want a good bulking shake for extra cals

Milk, one cup of oatmeal oats, berries, 1 banana, egg whites, yogurt, ice cream, whey protein, flaxseed and about 5 ice cubes with 5g of creatine mono

DeFos3

DeFos3

Awards
Count me in as a fan of liquid meals. Nice post!

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
I have about two a day. Sometimes I get to the point that my jaw starts hurting from chewing food all day before I get full its terrible, almost as bad as having a rough time falling asleep, heh.

D

donbx

Awards
I do this

2 cups milk
2 scoops protein prefer myofusion if i have it
1 cup oatmeal

I figure 95 carb 75 pro 40 fat 900 cals or so
add in some olive oil or natty pb and im golden.

people fail to relize 2k + cals from clean food is alot of food.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do this

2 cups milk
2 scoops protein prefer myofusion if i have it
1 cup oatmeal

I figure 95 carb 75 pro 40 fat 900 cals or so
add in some olive oil or natty pb and im golden.

people fail to relize 2k + cals from clean food is alot of food.
I know it! You can eat a ton of quality foods and still not reach your daily intake goals. Too bad we can't just eat burgers all the time.

Adding in one or two meal replacement shakes per day makes bulking almost too easy.

P.S - I've tried EVOO in shakes before and.. Ugh! I'd much rather do natty PB or just take the EVOO separate from the shake.

catcat

catcat

Awards
i think evoo tastes better in a chocolatey shake

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Raw yolks are good in small doses. I think the fat is around 6 grams per large egg if I remember correctly. I do the same thing regarding making shakes.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a fan of liqiud meals but def need to take digestive enzymes with them. I notice my metabolism slows and does not rise with liquid meals in comparison to whole foods.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My shake that has worked great for all my friends and me. everyone loves it

Milk, 2 whole raw eggs, evoo, 1 scoop of whey, ice cream, yogurt, oatmeal oats, one banana, 6 strawberries, a handful of blue berries.