what would be a good food to take to work?

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
no microwave,
so far I could come up with sandwiches, oats with whey, can of tuna with bread. Cottage cheese (I hate it) beef jerky, fruits, can of beans,peanuts ,protein bars

do you have any advices?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
beef jerky, and any nut or seed. those shouldnt go bad,

other things you may not wanna leave out more then 3 hours or risk of food poisoning/intoxication.

protein powders always good to go

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
homemade protien bars, homemade protien pudding. as said above, boiled egss work great

i carry a mini cooler with me on class days so i can keep some food cool with ice paks, im sure you could do the same at work.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh man my long days at school I brought the cooler that rolls. Looks pretty toolish but worked

Mini coolers work aswell

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
protein bars, hard boiled eggs (they won't last long though), and string cheese :)

walker11

Awards
Oh man my long days at school I brought the cooler that rolls. Looks pretty toolish but worked

Mini coolers work aswell
did that last semester and was a pain in the ass. so this semester i set up my schedule so that i have an hour break every 1-2 hours so i can eat back in my room. lol

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Natty Peanut Butter, Walnuts (all unsalted, no msg.) Fats are your friend at work.

You'd get a moderate amount of protein from those sources (~7-10g per 1/4 cup.) You'd also be consuming a lot of healthy fats which will keep you full for a good portion of the day. There's also amble fiber (~4g per 1/4 cup,) in those items. The more fiber the better.

AND

Since they're low carb (fiber aside,) they will have a negligible impact on your blood sugar while you're sitting down at work (or whatever you do at work,) so you won't be releasing insulin and getting fat while being idle at work. If your job is very active then strike that last bit, they'll just help promote a leaner you! :) That's win:win right there.

Throw in a can of tuna or some homemade (no msg,) jerky and you're right for flight my man. Maybe keep a gallon of water at your desk so you stay hydrated as well.

I keep all of those at work with me, sunflower seeds are the cheapest by far, but it's good to have a variety cause it does get boring eating the same thing all day, especially walnuts. And walnuts are so expensive...secret is to go to the cooking aisle at a wholesale warehouse (Sams, BJs,) and get the big bags of almonds and walnuts for cheap. Since I'm rambling at this point I'll end here. Hope it helps.