Help me!!! It's impossible to bulk up for me...

G

getbig1989

Awards
Right now I'm at 154 pounds and it took me forever to go from 150 to 154. I eat alot I never let my stomach be empty. I drink weigth gainer in the morning, after working out and at night before bed. I also drink jack3d before workig out. I workout four times a week for an hour and a half and abs 3 times a week. Here is my schedule...
Mon- biceps and back
Wed- chest and triceps
Fri- shoulders and traps
Sat- legs
My question is what can I take in order to gain weight and bulk up? My friend told me about nutaceutics testron sx? (some testron booster that said really worked for him) And yes I do deadlifts and squats and sets of pull ups with weights attached to me... I'm cut but not big Im still skinny please help me out. The weight gainer helped a little but not so much now. I want to get to 170 or 180 but at this rate it will take 100000000 years thanks*
NOW(154lbs) AND BEFORE(134lbs).....

Attachments

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sigh...
If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. You may think you're eating "a lot" but, obviously, it's insufficient to keep you anabolic.

Eat more. Simple as that. Adding lots of calorie dense foods is what you need - nuts, oil, eggs, steak, cream, cheese, etc.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Sigh...
If you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. You may think you're eating "a lot" but, obviously, it's insufficient to keep you anabolic.

Eat more. Simple as that. Adding lots of calorie dense foods is what you need - nuts, oil, eggs, steak, cream, cheese, etc.
^^This.

Add a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil to your meals and/or shakes. That'll add a few hundred more calories to your diet. Also make sure that you're drinking weight gainers in addition to your other meals, not in place of them.

D

Dath

Awards
You probably have a crazy high metabolism. First thing is to stop working out so much. Four days a week and an hour and a half each time is too much for your body. Try taking off 2 weeks from the gym to give your body a break but still keep eating large amounts of food. Once you get back in the gym you only need to go 2 or 3 days a week for 30-45 minutes each time. Lift heavy and do the basic exercises...bench press, squats, deadlifts, lat pulldowns, etc. Try to use 3 or more tablespoons of olive oil each day for the calories & fat and sleep as much as possible.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
please post your diet and not just what you eat the calories and breakdown of protein, carbs and fats too.
if you can't provide this, then you're not in a position to say you eat enough.

G

getbig1989

Awards
I don't think it possible to eat more lol I usually drink my shake in the morning eat a 6" sub at around 11 then eat lunch at around 2 workout then drink another weight gainer eat at around 8 then again at like 11 and like at 12 I drink another shake... How much more can I eat lol I'm going to try the virgin oil

G

getbig1989

Awards
I sometimes even feel like throwing up maybe I should just drink a shake in the morning and just one after working out bc they are very filling and eat more

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it possible to eat more lol I usually drink my shake in the morning eat a 6" sub at around 11 then eat lunch at around 2 workout then drink another weight gainer eat at around 8 then again at like 11 and like at 12 I drink another shake... How much more can I eat lol I'm going to try the virgin oil
its actually not funny. i dont care what you eat, i care about how many calories you take in and what your macros are. you need to track everything you eat on fitday.com
then report back here in a week with your report.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot more. Add 6eggs and some turkey sausage to that morning shake. Make that 6" a 12". Whatever you're eating for lunch, double all the serving sizes. Add another meal between 2 and 8pm. You ain't eating jack.

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
i was 130 with a blazing fast metabolism back in the day. now im 190, and it is possible dude. if you want to be 180, you better eat like your 180 pounds, or maybe even more depending on how much you burn stuff up. i had to intake like 200 grams of protein a day to finally start putting mass on, and i was 160 pounds when i went on a good bulking diet. dont resolve to prohormones or anything yet, you definetly can put on weight dont give up

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Get on a bulking anabolic like M-drol which would really help you bulk up and eat a lot of carbs in your diet.

G

getbig1989

Awards
i was 130 with a blazing fast metabolism back in the day. now im 190, and it is possible dude. if you want to be 180, you better eat like your 180 pounds, or maybe even more depending on how much you burn stuff up. i had to intake like 200 grams of protein a day to finally start putting mass on, and i was 160 pounds when i went on a good bulking diet. dont resolve to prohormones or anything yet, you definetly can put on weight dont give up
That's the kind of motivation I need thanks

G

getbig1989

Awards
I'm going to work on my diet for sure.... Should I take that testosterone booster also?

G

getbig1989

Awards
I have another question how many calories, protein and carbs should I be consuming a day in order to bulk up? Also is there an app on the iPhone that is like fitday.com

M

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
dude eat like a cup of almonds or a cup of nuts for a snack it has good fats, and protien and if you eat a cup of raw almonds its like 800 calories!!
also drink alot of milk thier is i diet were if you drink a jug of milk a day for amonth you will gain 10lbs cuz its got good protien and good fat and carbs so try drinking like 16oz of milk with every meal and try and get 6 meals a day in man

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
I don't think it possible to eat more
Well, there is the problem little buddy... you don't have the desire it takes to get big. you will always be a sub-skinny boy untill you BUCK UP AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR BODY! You need to force feed your face with a minimum of 5000 cals a day of good whole food.... none of that mackeedees **** and none of those ding-dongs you kids like to shove in your mouths. Of that you need to get at least 400g protien.

When you finaly decide to take charge you will be amazed at the results. Nothing is more anabolic then food my friend... especially for a skinny ass

M

matt352

Awards
  • Established
workout 3x a week...no more than an hour...compound lifts...and eat a big meal in place of one of those gainers

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
you dont need anabolics yet. at 150 pounds, you have alot left to go. dont listen to these guys telling you to take mdrol. yeah, it will work, but you can reach your goal naturally. once you get up in the 170's or 180s, im sure the forum goers will be happy to help you out with a cycle

M

mkiitmr2

Eat more and drink 1 gallon of water a day. Make sure you are getting a good 150grams of protein a day.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Replace those shakes with whole foods, then drink a shake after the meal.

G

getbig1989

Awards
thanks im going to start my new diet tomorrow and ill be posting results every week.... ill post my before (134lbs) and now(154lbs) pictures later on tonight so u guys can see the difference so far and a month from now ill post my later pictures..... im going to prove that no anabolics are needed to get big.... thanks alotttt and prepare to be amazed :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm cutting and pasting my bulking diet, and hopefully that'll help. i think i was at 4k calories when i went from 126 to 151, then i stalled for a bit and this 7k diet took me to where i am now :)

my diet :
breakfast - 5 eggs, two bowls of cereal (organic version of honey bunches of oats) with whole milk, two cups of coffee with three cups of 1/2 and 1/2 = 1900 calories
snack - peanut butter - 2 tbsp = 180 calories
snack - string cheese = 90 calories
lunch - two double cheeseburgers = 800 calories
pre workout - 50g of protein, 120g of carbs = 650 calories
post workout - 50g of protein, 120g of carbs = 650 calories
snack - peanut butter - 2 tbsp = 180 calories
dinner - 8oz buffalo or chicken + veggies + rice = 400 calories (est.)
snack - two servings of peanut butter (4 tbsp) = 360 calories
bedtime meal - 6-8 oz steak - no veggies or carbs = 280 calories (i'm guessing here)

also throughout the day i drink 1/2 a gallon of whole milk (1000+ calories), and i don't count the calories of canola and olive oil i cook with, since most of them are left in the pan.

G

getbig1989

Awards
Wow good job ^^^^ must have taken alot of time and sacrifice

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Jeez Suncloud... you were at 126? I can't imagine that when I think of your name!

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Sigh...

Couldn't have said it better. Listen to the man.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeppers. 4 years ago :)
4 long years ago. And just look at you now Sunny!! Your avatar says you weigh 201 now. Is that right? You've grown a lot indeed!!

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
There you go OP, suncloud is proof that eating your ass off and lifting hard will get you HUGE.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
4 long years ago. And just look at you now Sunny!! Your avatar says you weigh 201 now. Is that right? You've grown a lot indeed!!
i hover between 198 and 201. i got up to 204 and my knees said "oh hell no". i'm trying to stay as close to 200 as i can without having joint issues.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Suncloud has it right. Pretty basic and not too expensive. Up your protein and the callories will follow.

H

henryhavoc

Awards
Before I started managing my diet, I was right around 130 pounds. You just have to eat man, and eat like a ****ing beast. Train your stomach to consume more food. Load up on the peanut butter and oats. You want calorie dense foods. Don't worry about low fat, or lean foods. Your goal right now is to get those extra 500 - 1000 calories a day. It's not incredibly difficult. I'm at around 170 right now, so you CAN do it. I promise!

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Eat salad after a meal. That will stretch your stomach and you'll be able to eat more later on.

Baine

Baine

Awards
I've taking this out of my excel spread sheet diet log so sorry if its a little crammed.. eat like this for a week and stop working out so much. look into HIT training. its like someone earlier in post said, work out INTENSE 3 times a week max, do only complex exercises. only workout for 45min tops.

also, take this for example. Flax Plus Granola Pumpkin 3 3/4 cup 780 30 111 18. the 3/4 cup is the serving size. the 3 before 3/4 cup is the amount of serving sizes ate. then its calories, fat, carbs, protein. that 3 starts off at 1. and when i change it to match how many servings i ate it multiplies all the cal,fat,carbs,pro automatically so i dont have to do it myself. just something my girlfriend taught me how to do in excel that makes it easy as hell to keep track of everything i eat eveyday.

Meal 1 PreWO
Serving Size Amount Calories Fat Carbs Protein
Flax Plus Granola Pumpkin 3 3/4 cup 780 30 111 18
Protein Nitrean 1 1 scoop 110 1 1 24
Casein Protein 2 1 Heaping scoop 240 2 6 48

1130cal 33f 118c 90p

Meal 2 PostWO
Ground Bison (90/10) 4 1 oz. 196 11.2 22.4
Ground Turkey Breast 4 1oz 120 1.5 28
Turkey Pepperoni 1.124 17 slices 78.68 1.686 10.116
Fat Free Cheddar 0.5 1/4 cup 22.5 0 1 4.5
Buns (whole w. lg.) 0.5 Per Bun 90 1.5 16

507.18cal 15.886f 17c 65.016p

Meal 3
Ground Bison (90/10) 4 1 oz. 196 11.2 22.4
Ground Turkey Breast 4 1oz 120 1.5 28
Turkey Pepperoni 1.124 17 slices 78.68 1.686 10.116
Fat Free Cheddar 0.5 1/4 cup 22.5 0 1 4.5
Buns (whole w. lg.) 0.5 Per Bun 90 1.5 16

507.18cal 15.886f 17c 65.016p

Meal 4
Ground Bison (90/10) 5 1 oz. 245 14 28
Ground Turkey Breast 5 1oz 150 1.875 35
Refried Beans (FF) 1.75 1/2 cup 175 0 31.5 10.5

570cal 15.875f 31.5c 73.5p

Meal 5 (actually these were 2 meals, i was just running out of room on my excel chart)
place down from where i work has huge servings of this spicey chicken teriyaki, i weighed them out.
White Rice 3 1 cup cooked 612 1.32 132
Chicken Thigh 12 1 oz. 696 36 86.4
White Rice 3 1 cup cooked 612 1.32 132
Chicken Thigh 12 1 oz. 696 36 86.4

2616cal 74.64f 264c 172.8p

Meal 6
Serving Size/ Amount/Calories/Fat /Carbs /Protein
cottage cheese (per cup) 2 1/2 cup 160 0 10 14
costco protein 1 2 scoops 142 2 3 28
Oatmeal (Reg) (per cup) 1 1/2 cup 150 1.5 27
Beef sirloin w/ potatoes 10 oz 570 36 56
Diced Potatoes 3 2/3 cup 240 0 57
Casein Protein 2 1 Heaping scoop 240 2 6 48
Protein Nitrean 1 1 scoop 110 1 1 24

1612cal 42.5f 104c 170pro

DAILY TOTAL 6942.36cal 197.787f 551.5c 636.332p
Percentage of each group 0.256 0.318 0.367

and i actually forgot to add 3 servings of all nat, PB.

*note, learn to cook things you like to eat. it will help out when your eating and aren't one bit hungry. the better it taste the easier it will be on you.

G

getbig1989

Awards
^^^ wow thanks... i put my stuff on fitday.com and you guys were right i only ate 2,985 calories yesterday but i didnt eat much... and like 1,000 of those calories were from weight gainers... anyways i started with my new diet today and will post how many calories i ate today later on tonight...
just had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast, a weight gainer shake and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
see how that goes. keep tracking, it becomes so habitual in time.
FYI I'm up to about 8 Tbsp OO per day....either that or heavy cream, in my shakes. Good calorie dense stuff.

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
what I did to get to 170 from 155 was I got pissed that I was still in the 150's that I would try to eat 2X what I did to get to 155 so now im eating 6eggs 2 ham sandwiches
a banana and a 30g protein shake and that's just breakfast

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
and for guys like me and you fat is goooooddddddd (good fat that it)

G

getbig1989

Awards
ahhhh ive eaten sooo much today im a 3,468 calories so far today and i still havent had dinner.... i never thought i could eat that much but im soooo freaking full.... today ive eaten
2 hardboiled eggs
2 tbs of OO
4 tbs peanut butter
1 apple
1 8oz steak with side of fries
1 granola bar
some left over beef from last night
2 fried eggs
1 monster energy drink
aloooottttt of water lol
and im going to have dinner now..... im going to blow

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you're going to hit 175 sooner than you thought possible... and all natural too!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ wow thanks... i put my stuff on fitday.com and you guys were right i only ate 2,985 calories yesterday but i didnt eat much... and like 1,000 of those calories were from weight gainers... anyways i started with my new diet today and will post how many calories i ate today later on tonight...
just had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast, a weight gainer shake and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
You're talking like that's a big breakfast or something. Definitely is NOT!! I see little girls eating more than that. You're not eating enough to keep an anorexic bird alive. I know you're probably saying to yourself, "What's a big guy like you know anything about it. You've been big all your life". WRONG!!
I started lifting at the age of 19 and I weighed 155lbs. soaking wet. I started lifting, drinking protein shakes, and weight gainers, plus told my mom to fix me double portions of everything for my meals. And I lifted hard and heavy on the basics only. 3 times per week. Whole body workouts. Like Mike Mentzer dictatated on the HIT (high intensity training) program.
3 months later, I weighed a good 30 lbs. more....all natural.
Food is the best anabolic agent there is!!!
Man, EAT UP!!! :burger:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
now and before pics.... embarrasing but i think ive had some good progress
Not embarrassing at all brother. Great progress so far. I understand how easy it is to hit the wall and plateau. You just have to push yourself into further improvements.
I always tell lifters that they have to be every bit as diligent in the kitchen as they are in the weightroom!!

You've added all lean mass which is the best way to go. Don't go overboard with the advice we're giving and get fat. Even though that would probably be hard for you to do with that super fast metabolism of yours.
A lot of us who gain weight too easy, envy your ability to eat whatever you want and still stay lean.

Keep up the good work brother.

Baine

Baine

Awards
You're talking like that's a big breakfast or something. Definitely is NOT!! I see little girls eating more than that. You're not eating enough to keep an anorexic bird alive.
LOL hilarious... but true..

1st thing when you wake up drink this..

blend 2 cups of dry oatmeal in some water/milk till its very fine. then add,
1 serving of All nat PB
1 serving EVOO
10 egg (whole)
2 servings protein powder

bam! 2000 calories as soon as you wake,, now start cooking breakfast =D

Added: oh and make SURE that while your logging everything you eat your getting atleast 400grams of good carbs. not sugar carbs. complex. and 200-300 protein. everyone stresses protein but ignores carbs. Mike Mentzer said something like: muscles are made up of water, so you should be eating lots of healthy carboHYDRATES!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
that's some solid progress, and for that being all lean weight is a very good thing.

G

getbig1989

Awards
4,209 calories, 241g of protein, and 360 carbs today... :thumbsup: