Who has the best program for bulking? - AnabolicMinds.com

Who has the best program for bulking?

Stats
    6'1"  167 lbs.

Who has the best program for bulking?

I am new to bodybuilding. I want to be able to form and shape my body to my likings, but I am new to this and don't want to screw myself over. So I am asking for help.

If anyone can help me put together a diet and weight program for BULKING it would be greatly appreciated. I want to put 15lbs on in the next few months. Is that even do-able?

I'm 17 so I'm not looking to use steroids anytime soon. I am a pitcher in baseball and was told I need to gain 15lbs to help make it to the next level. That is my dream and will do anything to get there.

I am 17, 6'1", 167lbs. I want to be at 185 and have bigger legs (as well as everything else). What do I need to do to reach my goal?

Thank you

Stats
    5'9"  179 lbs.

first of all your diet is most important. get plenty of protein, id say about 200grams or more a day for your size. fish, beef, chicken, powder, eggs/whites etc
    plenty of carbs, again over 200grams a day- brown rice, wholegrain breads, shredded wheat, pasta, quinoa, OATMEAL
    fat- 60-100 grams a day- natural pb, nuts, olive oil etc

as for routine im bulking atm and im loving push/pull

sunday i do chest with only row movements for back
    monday- legs
    tues-arms
    wed-off
    thurs- shoulders/lats
    fri- legs
    sat-off
    Stats
    6'1"  167 lbs.

would white rice work instead of brown?
    •   

Quote Originally Posted by fightnight27 View Post
    would white rice work instead of brown?
    For bulking it shouldnt matter ... but brown is always better than white; Lower GI.
    Read this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/144055-mass-gaining-workout.html#post2280129 - another thread in this forum regarding bulking.

Sprt
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Mon - ARMS
    Tues - 5x5 (bench, Squat, Shoulder Press_
    Wed OFF
    Thurs - Back
    Fri - Legs
    Sat - Chest
    Sun - OFF

I love this workout. although i always switch it up
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

P/rr/s is treating me well so far also!. 3 year old bump. Yeah buddy

Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Brown rice is not better than white rice when taken into account all things. Brown rice contains many phytates (anti-nutrients) whilst white rice does not.
    Ignore, for the most part, the G.I. scale. Fats and proteins lower the G.I. of foods when coupled with them.

I would also argue to drop carbs in favour of fats, but that is purely from a health and legetivity standpoint.
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Brown rice is not better than white rice when taken into account all things. Brown rice contains many phytates (anti-nutrients) whilst white rice does not.
    Ignore, for the most part, the G.I. scale. Fats and proteins lower the G.I. of foods when coupled with them.

I would also argue to drop carbs in favour of fats, but that is purely from a health and legetivity standpoint.
    when bulking, i go white rice. i posted a video on here in the bulking section a month or so ago that explained why.

Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i just like white rice cuz it tastes better. jasmine rice = best
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like jasmine rice too. I make my version of "proats," with it. 1Cup Jasmine rice, scoop of chocolate whey, some PB, and a cup of milk.
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    i just like white rice cuz it tastes better. jasmine rice = best
    Have you tried Basmati rice? IMHO it's better than Jasmine.
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post

Have you tried Basmati rice? IMHO it's better than Jasmine.
    oh man i love basmati rice too. im half philipino though, so i grew up on jasmine rice on my moms side. im totally biased

point is, they taste better than the crunchy nutty brown rice
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

interesting thread...Rice haha. Yo man main thing you need to know is take in alot of calories and protein, and keep your gym session short but intense, gotta have the eye of the tigere
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

oh man i love basmati rice too. im half philipino though, so i grew up on jasmine rice on my moms side. im totally biased

point is, they taste better than the crunchy nutty brown rice
    Whaaat, filipinos stand up. Im half filipino as well so im partial to white rice too
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Mmm jasmine rice
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Whaaat, filipinos stand up. Im half filipino as well so im partial to white rice too
    Haha, My Girlfriend is filo so i know exactly what you mean about the rice. Her mum is rice crazy...haha..rice in every meal and there is always cooked rice in the cooker. Its awsome for after training coz i just turn up with a can of tuna. I dont even have to cook.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post

Haha, My Girlfriend is filo so i know exactly what you mean about the rice. Her mum is rice crazy...haha..rice in every meal and there is always cooked rice in the cooker. Its awsome for after training coz i just turn up with a can of tuna. I dont even have to cook.
    Thats how my mom is lol doesnt matter what it is. Steak.. rice, eggs.. rice, pork adobo.. rice. Everything rice!
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP

Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Thats how my mom is lol doesnt matter what it is. Steak.. rice, eggs.. rice, pork adobo.. rice. Everything rice!
    KFC-rice...pie-rice... hahahaha. Its hilarious.
    Her doctor once told her she had to stop eating rice becuase her blood sugar was too high. I swear she nearly killed him. She compromised by making a half half combo of jasmine/basmati.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post

KFC-rice...pie-rice... hahahaha. Its hilarious.
    Her doctor once told her she had to stop eating rice becuase her blood sugar was too high. I swear she nearly killed him. She compromised by making a half half combo of jasmine/basmati.
    Lol.

My mom had me eating so much rice when i was a child i was sleeping all the time. They took me to the doc, and drew blood. He told her i was borderline diabetic from all the rice... i was 13 lol

My mom wont touch brown rice unless its "sticky" rice (some sugary concoction of rice.. makes it brown lol)
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP

Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

Focus on your priorities.
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.

Say what? I thought thus thread was about rice?
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You right.

Forget about baseball. Rice is priority #1.
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

dont thread jack the rice thread

back to flip talk. i havnt had adobo in probly 5 years. only person in my family that knew how to cook it right was my gma, and shes too old to cook now. luv my rice though, and i also have it with everything. chicken n rice, steak n rice, eggs and garlic fried rice, tilapia and rice, fish head and rice (lol). i just dont eat that funky philipino **** like janigiwan or however its spelt. its like lamb blood soup or something nasty like that
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1. See poster quoted below.

2. I prefer a 2:1 pullush ratio personally.

Quote Originally Posted by peter01 View Post
    Say what? I thought thus thread was about rice?
    You right.

Good man.
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

You right.

Believe that

dont thread jack the rice thread

back to flip talk. i havnt had adobo in probly 5 years. only person in my family that knew how to cook it right was my gma, and shes too old to cook now. luv my rice though, and i also have it with everything. chicken n rice, steak n rice, eggs and garlic fried rice, tilapia and rice, fish head and rice (lol). i just dont eat that funky philipino **** like janigiwan or however its spelt. its like lamb blood soup or something nasty like that
    I dont eat that mess either. Adobo is my stuff tho, and poncit (sp) w/ lemon juice on a bed of rice (go figure lol), fried rice w/no shrimp, i can go on and on.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP

Damn all this rice talk is making me hungry!
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

The 5/3/1 for bodybuilding worked really well for me. You get strength and hypertrophy.
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

Plus it's super easy! You just type your numbers into the online calculator and it prints off a program that is easy to understand and follow!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking Diet Program
    By Heretolearn in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 04:42 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  3. Bulking Training Program for an 18 year old
    By kmoore in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
  4. BULKING Program