Who has the best program for bulking? - AnabolicMinds.com

Who has the best program for bulking?

  1. fightnight27's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    72

    Reputation

    Who has the best program for bulking?


    I am new to bodybuilding. I want to be able to form and shape my body to my likings, but I am new to this and don't want to screw myself over. So I am asking for help.

    If anyone can help me put together a diet and weight program for BULKING it would be greatly appreciated. I want to put 15lbs on in the next few months. Is that even do-able?

    I'm 17 so I'm not looking to use steroids anytime soon. I am a pitcher in baseball and was told I need to gain 15lbs to help make it to the next level. That is my dream and will do anything to get there.

    I am 17, 6'1", 167lbs. I want to be at 185 and have bigger legs (as well as everything else). What do I need to do to reach my goal?

    Thank you

  2. Canadianguy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    first of all your diet is most important. get plenty of protein, id say about 200grams or more a day for your size. fish, beef, chicken, powder, eggs/whites etc
    plenty of carbs, again over 200grams a day- brown rice, wholegrain breads, shredded wheat, pasta, quinoa, OATMEAL
    fat- 60-100 grams a day- natural pb, nuts, olive oil etc

    as for routine im bulking atm and im loving push/pull

    sunday i do chest with only row movements for back
    monday- legs
    tues-arms
    wed-off
    thurs- shoulders/lats
    fri- legs
    sat-off
  3. fightnight27's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    72

    Reputation

    would white rice work instead of brown?
    •   
       

  4. SprtNvolcoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    400

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fightnight27 View Post
    would white rice work instead of brown?
    For bulking it shouldnt matter ... but brown is always better than white; Lower GI.
    Read this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/144055-mass-gaining-workout.html#post2280129 - another thread in this forum regarding bulking.

    Sprt
  5. R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    3874300

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Mon - ARMS
    Tues - 5x5 (bench, Squat, Shoulder Press_
    Wed OFF
    Thurs - Back
    Fri - Legs
    Sat - Chest
    Sun - OFF

    I love this workout. although i always switch it up
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  6. R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    3874300

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    P/rr/s is treating me well so far also!. 3 year old bump. Yeah buddy
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  7. Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,208
    Rep Power
    3370563

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Brown rice is not better than white rice when taken into account all things. Brown rice contains many phytates (anti-nutrients) whilst white rice does not.
    Ignore, for the most part, the G.I. scale. Fats and proteins lower the G.I. of foods when coupled with them.

    I would also argue to drop carbs in favour of fats, but that is purely from a health and legetivity standpoint.
  8. R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    3874300

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Brown rice is not better than white rice when taken into account all things. Brown rice contains many phytates (anti-nutrients) whilst white rice does not.
    Ignore, for the most part, the G.I. scale. Fats and proteins lower the G.I. of foods when coupled with them.

    I would also argue to drop carbs in favour of fats, but that is purely from a health and legetivity standpoint.
    when bulking, i go white rice. i posted a video on here in the bulking section a month or so ago that explained why.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  9. OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,394
    Rep Power
    466000

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    i just like white rice cuz it tastes better. jasmine rice = best
  10. broken bottle's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    617091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I like jasmine rice too. I make my version of "proats," with it. 1Cup Jasmine rice, scoop of chocolate whey, some PB, and a cup of milk.
  11. kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,378
    Rep Power
    2438828

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    i just like white rice cuz it tastes better. jasmine rice = best
    Have you tried Basmati rice? IMHO it's better than Jasmine.
  12. OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,394
    Rep Power
    466000

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post

    Have you tried Basmati rice? IMHO it's better than Jasmine.
    oh man i love basmati rice too. im half philipino though, so i grew up on jasmine rice on my moms side. im totally biased

    point is, they taste better than the crunchy nutty brown rice
  13. TomGreen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    6519

    Reputation

    interesting thread...Rice haha. Yo man main thing you need to know is take in alot of calories and protein, and keep your gym session short but intense, gotta have the eye of the tigere
  14. tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    2399123

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    oh man i love basmati rice too. im half philipino though, so i grew up on jasmine rice on my moms side. im totally biased

    point is, they taste better than the crunchy nutty brown rice
    Whaaat, filipinos stand up. Im half filipino as well so im partial to white rice too
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  15. Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Mmm jasmine rice
  16. Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Power
    54640

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Whaaat, filipinos stand up. Im half filipino as well so im partial to white rice too
    Haha, My Girlfriend is filo so i know exactly what you mean about the rice. Her mum is rice crazy...haha..rice in every meal and there is always cooked rice in the cooker. Its awsome for after training coz i just turn up with a can of tuna. I dont even have to cook.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  17. tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    2399123

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post

    Haha, My Girlfriend is filo so i know exactly what you mean about the rice. Her mum is rice crazy...haha..rice in every meal and there is always cooked rice in the cooker. Its awsome for after training coz i just turn up with a can of tuna. I dont even have to cook.
    Thats how my mom is lol doesnt matter what it is. Steak.. rice, eggs.. rice, pork adobo.. rice. Everything rice!
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  18. Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Power
    54640

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Thats how my mom is lol doesnt matter what it is. Steak.. rice, eggs.. rice, pork adobo.. rice. Everything rice!
    KFC-rice...pie-rice... hahahaha. Its hilarious.
    Her doctor once told her she had to stop eating rice becuase her blood sugar was too high. I swear she nearly killed him. She compromised by making a half half combo of jasmine/basmati.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  19. tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    2399123

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post

    KFC-rice...pie-rice... hahahaha. Its hilarious.
    Her doctor once told her she had to stop eating rice becuase her blood sugar was too high. I swear she nearly killed him. She compromised by making a half half combo of jasmine/basmati.
    Lol.

    My mom had me eating so much rice when i was a child i was sleeping all the time. They took me to the doc, and drew blood. He told her i was borderline diabetic from all the rice... i was 13 lol

    My mom wont touch brown rice unless its "sticky" rice (some sugary concoction of rice.. makes it brown lol)
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  20. CincyKiller45's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,475
    Rep Power
    185122

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

    This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

    Focus on your priorities.
  21. peter01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    37
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    42890

    Reputation

    Say what? I thought thus thread was about rice?
  22. CincyKiller45's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,475
    Rep Power
    185122

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You right.

    Forget about baseball. Rice is priority #1.
  23. OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,394
    Rep Power
    466000

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

    This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

    Focus on your priorities.
    dont thread jack the rice thread

    back to flip talk. i havnt had adobo in probly 5 years. only person in my family that knew how to cook it right was my gma, and shes too old to cook now. luv my rice though, and i also have it with everything. chicken n rice, steak n rice, eggs and garlic fried rice, tilapia and rice, fish head and rice (lol). i just dont eat that funky philipino **** like janigiwan or however its spelt. its like lamb blood soup or something nasty like that
  24. jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,191
    Rep Power
    6705997

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

    This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

    Focus on your priorities.
    1. See poster quoted below.

    2. I prefer a 2:1 pullush ratio personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by peter01 View Post
    Say what? I thought thus thread was about rice?
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    You right.

    Forget about baseball. Rice is priority #1.
    Good man.
  25. tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    2399123

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    You right.

    Forget about baseball. Rice is priority #1.
    Believe that
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    dont thread jack the rice thread

    back to flip talk. i havnt had adobo in probly 5 years. only person in my family that knew how to cook it right was my gma, and shes too old to cook now. luv my rice though, and i also have it with everything. chicken n rice, steak n rice, eggs and garlic fried rice, tilapia and rice, fish head and rice (lol). i just dont eat that funky philipino **** like janigiwan or however its spelt. its like lamb blood soup or something nasty like that
    I dont eat that mess either. Adobo is my stuff tho, and poncit (sp) w/ lemon juice on a bed of rice (go figure lol), fried rice w/no shrimp, i can go on and on.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  26. Zesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    17

    Reputation

    Damn all this rice talk is making me hungry!
  27. l1fterp1nk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    The 5/3/1 for bodybuilding worked really well for me. You get strength and hypertrophy.
  28. l1fterp1nk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Plus it's super easy! You just type your numbers into the online calculator and it prints off a program that is easy to understand and follow!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulking Diet Program
    By Heretolearn in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 04:42 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  3. Bulking Training Program for an 18 year old
    By kmoore in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
  4. BULKING Program
    By 0o0o0o in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 05:35 PM
  5. steroid bulking vs regular bulking
    By bbkhan87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO