Quantity over Quality

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.49%

Yea my title could have been different but atleast someone agrees on the message. thanks for the support and keep up the eating.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    yeah but you just said you 6 foot 1. youre tall. you could try to argue youre average height but youre not. your tall, so when youre taller you weigh more. not saying you didnt work for you 235 lbs frame, just saying its harder for a smaller man to weigh they same.

but besides that, You say you guys arent criticizing him, then i dont think telling him "april fools...?" and other guys saying "you cant give bulking advice at 180ish", and saying "ill see better results than you if i dont eat snickers" is very helpful.

you also say your all trying to help him at LBM. hes talking about a bulk. Of course adding LBM is ideal but bulking and cutting are two different phases. Ill watch someone try to get bigger while trying to keep there bf low as possible and ill blow past them keeping mine around 15% and then cutting down. Plus our muslce grow from carrying that extra weight on your frame, your body expands. im closing in on 21 inch claves from carrying my new frame around and guess what? im not fat either.

you also say your a fitness instructor, at every gym i have EVER been to, atleast 2 gym instructers from each have asked me what my diet is and what my routine is for being my size at my age.

your 235 at 35 6 foot 1
    Im 250 at 21 at 5 foot 9

check with me soon and ill be 280. i may be young but this is my life. ive been working with retired bodybuilders since i was 16.

Just to add some information for ya, as a wellness professional I feel I have to step in and say something here. There are two sides to this story. The first side would be for people who want to put on weight, regardless of health, (gaining fat, clogging arteries, eating toxic processed "food", and just simply being "unhealthy") In that case - eat all you want and I agree snickers, chips, anything if all you care about is packing on the pounds wether it be fat or muscle than eat eat eat. I agree.....

The second side would be the opinion of somebody like me, saying that is the wrong way to go. Don't sacrifice your health because you want to gain weight fast. You can still pack on muscle eating clean. The more "real" the food the better quality, the more benefits you will get. therefore the less you will have to eat in order to get that nutrients. Your body needs nutrients to grow and work properly. If you are pounding mcdonalds cheeseburgers and eating snickers all day, your immune system will then try to fight off all of those toxins, thus making it harder to grow because you are wasting energy fighting off that "crap" you are putting into your body. Think of your body as a fine tuned automobile -- The better the fuel, the better efficiency -- same principal with your body and food. Sometimes less is really more... you get the point.

Congrats on being a 5-9" 250lber at 21 years of age... good luck getting chicks lol... j/k.... sounds like you are truely dedicated to bodybuilding and thats awesome, just don't sacrifice your health is all im tryin to say
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Just to add some information for ya, as a wellness professional I feel I have to step in and say something here. There are two sides to this story. The first side would be for people who want to put on weight, regardless of health, (gaining fat, clogging arteries, eating toxic processed "food", and just simply being "unhealthy") In that case - eat all you want and I agree snickers, chips, anything if all you care about is packing on the pounds wether it be fat or muscle than eat eat eat. I agree.....

The second side would be the opinion of somebody like me, saying that is the wrong way to go. Don't sacrifice your health because you want to gain weight fast. You can still pack on muscle eating clean. The more "real" the food the better quality, the more benefits you will get. therefore the less you will have to eat in order to get that nutrients. Your body needs nutrients to grow and work properly. If you are pounding mcdonalds cheeseburgers and eating snickers all day, your immune system will then try to fight off all of those toxins, thus making it harder to grow because you are wasting energy fighting off that "crap" you are putting into your body. Think of your body as a fine tuned automobile -- The better the fuel, the better efficiency -- same principal with your body and food. Sometimes less is really more... you get the point.

Congrats on being a 5-9" 250lber at 21 years of age... good luck getting chicks lol... j/k.... sounds like you are truely dedicated to bodybuilding and thats awesome, just don't sacrifice your health is all im tryin to say
    wow... you sound like my roomate, also a wellness professional but then again he knows nothing about bodybuilding or really anything but thats no suprise to me. second, i never once said pounding "crap" is ideal so your mistaken. I said adding in things like pizza or a burger and a snickers for a snack if your hungry is fine. and guess what it is. who said bodybuilding is a healthy sport anyway. if you think it is your also mistaken. however, despite if i eat a burger or two on my offday by no means suggests im throwing away my health or whatever you were mumbling about.

Plus if you think you get all of what you body needs from whole foods then you are mistaken yet again. Did you know that an apple from your grocery store has 6 times less nutrients than that of an organic one from a farmers market? if you have enough money to buy/kill and process everything that goes into your body so you can be "clean" and "healthy" than go for it. you wont be that big but itll feed you. even buying beef, milk, rice, fruit, and veggies from the grocery store isnt as healthy as your advocating.

and finally, if your gonna step in to save the day becasue your a "wellness professional" then know what your talking about and dont try and rag on somebody ("have fun getting chicks") becasue your just gonna get ragged on back.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    wow... you sound like my roomate, also a wellness professional but then again he knows nothing about bodybuilding or really anything but thats no suprise to me. second, i never once said pounding "crap" is ideal so your mistaken. I said adding in things like pizza or a burger and a snickers for a snack if your hungry is fine. and guess what it is. who said bodybuilding is a healthy sport anyway. if you think it is your also mistaken. however, despite if i eat a burger or two on my offday by no means suggests im throwing away my health or whatever you were mumbling about.

Plus if you think you get all of what you body needs from whole foods then you are mistaken yet again. Did you know that an apple from your grocery store has 6 times less nutrients than that of an organic one from a farmers market? if you have enough money to buy/kill and process everything that goes into your body so you can be "clean" and "healthy" than go for it. you wont be that big but itll feed you. even buying beef, milk, rice, fruit, and veggies from the grocery store isnt as healthy as your advocating.

and finally, if your gonna step in to save the day becasue your a "wellness professional" then know what your talking about and dont try and rag on somebody ("have fun getting chicks") becasue your just gonna get ragged on back.
    I said if you don't care about your health than I agree to eating whatever you like. Yes I understand about grocery store food, I get all of my fruits vegetables and meat from organic sources. I am not against eating burgers, I love cheeseburgers and pizza, and a snickers from time to time... what I am am against is the statment "quanity over quality" because like i mentioned before, sometimes less is more..... for example if you are eating quality foods, you won't need nearly as much as if you are eating junk. Im not ragging on you, im not ragging on anybody.. I am putting my opinion out there, and you and everybody else can do with it what you want. Oh yeah, and I am here to save the day... didn't you know they call me superman... lol
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%

I said if you don't care about your health than I agree to eating whatever you like. Yes I understand about grocery store food, I get all of my fruits vegetables and meat from organic sources. I am not against eating burgers, I love cheeseburgers and pizza, and a snickers from time to time... what I am am against is the statment "quanity over quality" because like i mentioned before, sometimes less is more..... for example if you are eating quality foods, you won't need nearly as much as if you are eating junk. Im not ragging on you, im not ragging on anybody.. I am putting my opinion out there, and you and everybody else can do with it what you want. Oh yeah, and I am here to save the day... didn't you know they call me superman... lol
    i hear you, and i agree about the title of this post, it should be quantity of quality, with some extra crap if you want. im an advocate for eating quality foods aswell but wont limimt myself to that, i wont touch a crap or cheat foods unless ive had ALL my whole meals of the day i had planned. but if i met all my qulity foods and im still hungry, down goes a cheesburger or pizza. i just felt like you were saying no burgers or whatever anytime, but now that were clear it seems like were on the same page or close to it.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

i think the point is a lot of us dont necceassarily wanna be carrying snickers with us or bad weight rather... and i guarantee u that big guy at the gym did not get big off chocolate. I mean come on
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.24%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Of course not, but the good meals are there. They always are, but what he and I are saying is even Jay Cutler goes to IN n OUT. I go to Chipotle, and eat burgers or pizza here and there. Its just in moderation. I work hard in the gym, and dieting sucks. Who in their right mind would disagree. Its balance, and it keeps you sane.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Of course not, but the good meals are there. They always are, but what he and I are saying is even Jay Cutler goes to IN n OUT. I go to Chipotle, and eat burgers or pizza here and there. Its just in moderation. I work hard in the gym, and dieting sucks. Who in their right mind would disagree. Its balance, and it keeps you sane.
    exaclty exaclty exactly.....nuff said .
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I agree!
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.06%

Might possibly be the most ignorant statement of the year so far.
    Nothing ignorant about it; he's right.

People have been conditioned to believe that "junk foods" automatically correlate to poor health. It's not true.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

You sure he'll be back to read that?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.9%

If you're gonna bulk you might as well keep it clean, weights gonna have to come off eventually. Snickers do not fall under the category of IFIFYM, eat a frickin sweet potato.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
  2. 2.2lb Proteins - Limited Quantity - $10
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 01:05 AM
  3. Protein: type vs. quantity
    By packers1200 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM
  4. MR quantity of BA plus IGF-1