Rookie help?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Rookie help?

I am 19, 6' and 170 pounds Im trying to gain weight but I seem like I am stuck at 170. I have been using creatine and muscle milk but recently stopped due to the fact I feel its not helping enough to bother with all the powders and mess of mixing. Im interested in using any type of suppliment that can help me reach 190-200 pounds as fast as possible along with a good workout routine, so if anyone has a good layout for me I would appriciate it.

EDIT: My workout right now only consists of massive amounts of pushups because Im doing extra training in Missouri for work but wednesday I will have the basics at my home gym(bench, curls, free weights, etc)

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Also to add, a friend of mine recomended D-Bol and only to take that with nothing else and continue my workouts with more weight. Looking at some posts and other sites it looks like thats supposed to be cycled and taken with other things? Im pretty clueless on how any of that works so if the workout plan and suppliment plan anyone provides for me can be extremly detailed and maybe even provide links on where to get the suppliment it would be greatly appriciated.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.14%

dont listen to ur friend he is an idiot dbol is a steriod and should never be cycle without test and ur to young anyways....if ur stuck at 170 u need to look at ur diet and training because there probably not up to par
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Alright, my diet is 3500 calories a day and ive been doing muscle failure pt(pushups and situps for an hour until I go into muscle failure) for the last 2 months while taking 50 grams of protien and of creatine per day. What should I change?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

50grams of protein per day? i hope you mean 250. no wonder you cant gain.
    oh and 5 grams creatine is enough.

You need some real weights and a real diet. Supplements are only 5% of the game and that is ONLY after you have diet/training nailed.

Clearly 3500cals isnt enough. It wasnt for me at 170. I need 4300+ to gain. Get over 200gms protein per day and track your calories. Then once you get real weights research a good split and have at it.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.32%

ok..since 3500 cals isn't helping you gain bump it to 4000. if that doesn't work bump it to 4500...etc. i'm 5' 9" and around 183 now and i have to eat about 4000 to gain v e r y s l o w l y. so bump up the cals. 5g creatine is good but if you take bigger scoops it won't hurt. def get more than 50 g protein....urbanski is right aim for around 250g protein maybe like 400-500g carbs and plenty healthy fats. lift heavy...YOU NEED WEIGHTS!!!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.56%

Agreed with everyone else. Strengthening your core with your current workout will not produce weight gain results, but it will set you up for great gains when you finally get your real workout gear.

Core is the most forgotten about muscle group ever!!

Up the calories and protein. Dont bother with steriods. Sounds like you have alot of natural growing left to do at 170lbs.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.12%

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyStud View Post
    I am 19, 6' and 170 pounds Im trying to gain weight but I seem like I am stuck at 170. I have been using creatine and muscle milk but recently stopped due to the fact I feel its not helping enough to bother with all the powders and mess of mixing. Im interested in using any type of suppliment that can help me reach 190-200 pounds as fast as possible along with a good workout routine, so if anyone has a good layout for me I would appriciate it.

EDIT: My workout right now only consists of massive amounts of pushups because Im doing extra training in Missouri for work but wednesday I will have the basics at my home gym(bench, curls, free weights, etc)
    Supplements are there to do one thing and one thing only, to supplement your diet. Diet is 80% of your progress and 20% is training. Rely on food, lots of good healthy foods. Here is an example of what a bulking diet looks like that I've used recently.

Meal 1: 10 egg whites + 1 cup Quaker Oats + 1 glass of whole of milk + 1 banana.
    Meal 2: Whey Protein shake mixed with Water + Glyco-Maize + 5 G's Creatine Monohydrate + AST Multi Pro 32X (multi-vitamins)
    Training Session (bring a gallon of water with you while you train)
    Meal 3: (30 minutes after workout) Whey Protein Shake mixed with Water + 5 G's Creatine Monohydrate + Plain Biscuit.
    Meal 4: 2 Chicken Breasts + 1 cups of Brown Rice + 1 cup of Mixed Vegetables (Pre Frozen)
    Meal 5: 7 ounces of Tuna + 2 cups of Brown or White Rice + 20oz of water.
    Meal 5: Beef or Whole Grain Pasta + Vegetables with Green Salad topped off with Italian Dressing.
    Meal 6: Whey Protein shake mixed with Water + 1 cup of Mixed Vegetables.
    Meal 7: Turkey or Steak + 2 Chopped up Potatoes + 20 oz of water.
    Meal 8: Cottage Cheese + Nuts + 20 oz of water.

Tell me what you think, if your allergic to anything let me know and we can always tweak things around to suite your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyStud View Post
    Also to add, a friend of mine recomended D-Bol and only to take that with nothing else and continue my workouts with more weight. Looking at some posts and other sites it looks like thats supposed to be cycled and taken with other things? Im pretty clueless on how any of that works so if the workout plan and suppliment plan anyone provides for me can be extremly detailed and maybe even provide links on where to get the suppliment it would be greatly appriciated.
    DO NOT, I repeat do not take your friend advice on Anabolic Steroids. You are way too young and way too inexperienced to be altering your hormones. Your test levels are at their prime and at this age you'll be doing the most growing naturally. If you really want to take supplements, then stick with the basics: whey, creatine, multi-vitamins, fish oil/flax seed, and a pre workout ignotor (optional). Good luck.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Someone who knows what there doing please help this rookie!!
    By AdamSweeting in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
  2. Not a rookie, but not a Pro…HELP!!
    By paulygon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 03:41 AM
  3. Rookie needs some help
    By ken2cart1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
  4. Best rookie in the last three years?