HELP WITH KEEPING SIZE AFTER SURGERY
- 12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
HELP WITH KEEPING SIZE AFTER SURGERY
i'm having surgery for my hiatal hernia on christmas week and i will be unable to lift weights for nearly a month according to my doctor and i will also have to only eat soft foods such as mashed potatos (and protein shakes ). what would you guys recommend i do to keep from dropping from 180 to like 160 in that month?? thanks for any responses guys
- 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
- 12-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I believe I had read a article saying that if you like break a leg or something take creatine, and it will aid towards keeping muscle mass while inactive.
12-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I had some surgery on my elbow a few weeks back and I planned on stuffing myself with food to keep the weight. I did lose a few pounds in the first two weeks and I don't want to get on the scales now .
I just lost appetite and motivation for a while, meal plans went non-existent. I think anything invasive will upset the body for a while as it thinks something bad has happened. At least lying around in bed watching TV doesn't use many calories.
It would have been good to try creatine but I didn't think.
Everyone is different though, I hope your operation goes well.
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
creatine aint gonna do anything noticable at all. Its not really a big deal losing twenty pounds. I just had knee surgery after tearing my acl in our first week of the season and went from 250-205. I honestly would not have tried to maintain my weight as ure just gonna get fat.
Take the big hit and muscle memory and food will get you back there. Think of it as a cut. Ure gonna look and feel like crap if you maintain. Lifting aint a sprint but a marathon, best of luck.
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
alright well thanks for the input guys. i'll just keep my protein intake high and keep the fats and carbs moderate..i have some hand grippers so i'll be using those alot lol.
12-12-2009, 10:02 AM
12-15-2009, 01:29 AM
I will be reading up on this subject soon as I plan to have gyno surgery and refuse to lose mass for the gyno I got to get that mass.
1. Boost GH levels - Heal faster
2. Cortisol reduction/modulation - Personally I would avoid this until some healing has taken place. Maybe the last 2 weeks
3. If you dabble in Ph/Ps then a light couple weeks of a nor based ph, no more than the first 2 weeks post surgery should greating increase collogen synthesis I.E. Heal faster and keep mass. But keep it short/
4. Natural inflammation reduction using serrapeptase - Well proven but would wait till initial bleeding went down after a couple days. Probably after you stop the pain meds should be fine. It also theoretically should help with scar tissue as it forms.
5. Questionable anabolics that might help - Glutamine (for sick or healing it should work), cissus - anti-i and possible light anabolic, creatine (I think science suggests it will)
Rack your brain - Post surgery is one time to stretch your budget to get back on your feet - I will be doing more thinking when I get mine done
12-15-2009, 06:10 PM
and i'll use this time to rest and relax and probably get a jump start on planning my new cut diet and such after i get back to where i am now before the surgery. good news though, i had my upper endoscopy today and it's a small hernia so they will be able to perform noninvasive surgery.
i guess injuries and accidents are part of lifting weights. good luck with your surgery bro keep it up!! i'm ur height and hoping to get to ur size one day!
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM
i have an embilical hernia i need to get fixed. You have to remember, drs. are always very very very conservative in their directions for not doing certain things. There is no way, you should have to go a month without training. I have read, you are back to work in a few days, doing pretty normal things in about a week. I plan on taking no more than 2 weeks off. remember just do some slow concentrated movements. no big squats. i had surgery on my right tricep last year, 95% tear of my tricep tendon, it blew out doing incline presses in the smith machine. i took one week off, was in the gym, cast and all. i was just careful not to hurt the elbow. you take you're time and just do what you can do. But, trust me, don't go by the dr and his month recommendations.
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
cissus is supposed to have proven healing properties...might not help you hold on to your gains, but it would help you heal faster and get back on the road.
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
12-21-2009, 12:41 AM
12-21-2009, 08:48 AM
12-30-2009, 04:37 PM
but i had my surgery this past monday the 28th. and i've felt like crap since then! it hurts sooooooo bad to eat anything even water! when it gets to my stomach area i feel like somebody is punching out of my abdomen. hopefully it works though as i haven't been gagging or anything lately. it's been two days though and i'm dosed up on lortabs now....we'll see i'll keep updating for anybody who is looking to get this surgery in the future
12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By gujjar in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2010, 07:35 AM
- By rombusempire in forum Training ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 06-05-2010, 04:43 PM
- By snafu2u22 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
- By uptempo in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 6Last Post: 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM