Bodybuiders in the magazines. On roids?

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
I pick up an assortment of bodybuilding magazines from time to time, and I see they're full of huge guys promoting suppliments, diets, or work out routines. None of them ever promote steroids. But I look at these guys and say to myself, there's no way these guys are following only what they preach. I suppose some of these guys might be naturals, but I feel it's kinda false advertising when the others act as if they got big without the roids.

Thoughts?

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
what are you talking about? Dexter Jackson is ripped because of muscletech nanovapor and hydroxycut! JK They use steroids AND work their asses off.

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
what are you talking about? Dexter Jackson is ripped because of muscletech nanovapor and hydroxycut! JK They use steroids AND work their asses off.
I believe they do. It just annoys me that they're on there, telling people how to get big and they leave out one of the main ingredients that helped them get the way they are.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I believe they do. It just annoys me that they're on there, telling people how to get big and they leave out one of the main ingredients that helped them get the way they are.
thats why you have the "Pro" bodybuilding events and the "Natural" bodybuilding events...

these guys that have their pro cards, man they sacrifice so much and work so damn hard... the only possible way to get that big AND shredded is to run cycles of you-name-it... but i'd venture to guess most of them run them as safe as possible and dont "abuse" them for the most part... i hope :sorry:

i'm not condoning the use of steroids, and i would never touch the stuff, but i commend these guys on their drive and work ethic to get where they are.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
No worries bud,

This is how a lot of bodybuilders get their money. Sponsorship is one of the main sources to keep the cash flow good.

A lot of bodybuilders are trainers but other than that where would they get their income? There isnt a rich guy walking around paying people to become monsters just because. Jay Cutler has to pay for the 6 pounds of fish he eats a day so he poses next to a bottle of muscletech 4000.

BUT, since you know the great secret. You are fine, you see right through the partial lies. :)

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but i'd venture to guess most of them run them as safe as possible and dont "abuse" them for the most part...
Dont kid yourself, those guys are drug addicts and they are not smart.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
people dont know how to get big the good ol fashion way. lazy ppl who wanna juice. i can see juicing once a year but when ur workouts rely on it, u have a prob

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
nah theyre all natural bro....just add an extra protein shake a day and youll like that too.

but in all seriousness yes they absolutley are on juice. would they look that good without it? no. but would they look that good without the blood, sweat and tears that goes along with intense training and diet hell? no. its a combo of both. but beleive these guys are still genetically gifted to look awesome without juice/gh. the gear just optimizes their size and cutness.

but sadly id have to say some guys def use it more than a few months a year. they pretty much have to if theyre doing 4-5 shows a year tho. it is what it is.

theyre professional athletes, they train just as or if not harder than other types of athletes. Sunday night football has juice heads in it too, but u cant take away their god given talent for it

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Just look at Kevin Levrone's pictures and you'll have your answer.

Then:

Now:

He must've changed his diet up... :toofunny:
Dude's still in great shape though.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
I wish I could look half as good as his "now" picture lol

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
people dont know how to get big the good ol fashion way. lazy ppl who wanna juice. i can see juicing once a year but when ur workouts rely on it, u have a prob
It's not lazy if their livelihood depends on it though is it? Are you suggesting that the pros are lazy? :twak:

easydate

Awards
nah theyre all natural bro....just add an extra protein shake a day and youll like that too.

but in all seriousness yes they absolutley are on juice. would they look that good without it? no. but would they look that good without the blood, sweat and tears that goes along with intense training and diet hell? no. its a combo of both. but beleive these guys are still genetically gifted to look awesome without juice/gh. the gear just optimizes their size and cutness.

but sadly id have to say some guys def use it more than a few months a year. they pretty much have to if theyre doing 4-5 shows a year tho. it is what it is.

theyre professional athletes, they train just as or if not harder than other types of athletes. Sunday night football has juice heads in it too, but u cant take away their god given talent for it
this is what bothers me. sure "pro bodybuilders" train hard and are dedicated but it may or may not be intrinsic. pumping enormous amounts of supplemental hormones will make a human do anything- especially testosterone. this world was built on testosterone. it makes you focused and dedicated but more over it makes you want to lift heavy **** and punish your body because of the supreme high it gives you. genetics plays a huge part, you bet, however anyone needling will make sick gains without the "pro bodybuilding" mentality of "eat, train, sleep."

if you want to see a real human plow through the **** take a look at fankhouser.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Modern professional bodybuilding seems to be more about how much muscle mass you can pack on than anything else. Some of these guys look ridiculous! I'm not saying they haven't worked for it, with the help of steroids, but c'mon... Really? lol

Peace

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
yeah, Ronnie Coleman, when he was close to or over 300 lbs (cant remember which) for contest shape??? he looked too freaky to me... i mean.. i wanna be big... but jeeeeez...

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
the freakiness is what people pay to see, if you don't want it, go to a natural show. bodybuilding isn't a mainstream sport so why go with what the average joe may think? these people aren't standing on stage saying 'look at me, i'm a picture of health!', they're there to show how far the human body can be pushed and to show how much muscle can be stuck onto a person's frame. you want to see freaky, look at the top female pros!

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
Hey, if I take Creakic I can be as big as Jay Cutler:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
its crazy how many different roids they use. i heard somewhere that coleman has been on non stop for like 15 years lol

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
I wonder if these bodybuilders actually use any of these supplements they promote. I would imagine they just do the roids and a lot of protein at most.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if these bodybuilders actually use any of these supplements they promote. I would imagine they just do the roids and a lot of protein at most.
from interviews ive read, they mostly stick to the basics. protein creatine fishoil, glucosamine, etc. they take a $hit load of everything. you gotta see "cost of redemption" where they show ronnie sitting there for a half hour after breakfast watching tv and popping pills from one of those plastic 42 compartment suitcases

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of them are on year-round (Levrone was a true freak; he only trained for maybe half of the year) and taper their dosages. It's insane to see some of the actual dosages used by some pre-contest. They probably have at least 10cc's of oil in them along with a handful of orals, GH, slin, synthol, etc.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Most of them are on year-round (Levrone was a true freak; he only trained for maybe half of the year) and taper their dosages. It's insane to see some of the actual dosages used by some pre-contest. They probably have at least 10cc's of oil in them along with a handful of orals, GH, slin, synthol, etc.
im not expert but that has got to decrease your life expectancy lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not expert but that has got to decrease your life expectancy lol
At that level, it's hard to say it won't. However, on another level, you cannot say that they didn't follow a dream. Most people drift through life hating their job and aren't truly living. I think most people would take a fulfilling and rewarding 50-year life than a mundane and aimless 80-year life.

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
At that level, it's hard to say it won't. However, on another level, you cannot say that they didn't follow a dream. Most people drift through life hating their job and aren't truly living. I think most people would take a fulfilling and rewarding 50-year life than a mundane and aimless 80-year life.
I agree. However, there are many non-professionals who juice just the same.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh yea the journey is incredible, the highs of bodybuilding cant be compared to anything. i guess they achieve that ultimate alpha male feeling, pumping so much testosterone. i just cant imagine how it feels to wake up when you are older, joints and ligaments all f'ed up, pissin blood, who knows what other terrible things you gotta deal with then.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
It would seem like you would need to be on year round. Even if you go through a period of lower doses to keep the gains and be bigger then the next. Someone is always trying to out do you.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol imagine being 300lbs of muscle, you cant even run a flight of stairs without running out of gas. has anyone else seen "cost of redemption"?? hes in the car out of breath, cant dial the cellphone b/c fingers are too big, cant voice dial either because his voice is too high pitched hahahah

Abaddon75

Abaddon75

Awards
I took Havoc for almost four weeks until my hip muscle gave out. And that's just a mild steroid. I couldn't imagine continuing all year round, year after year. Besides, the gains will be lost once you get off. I maintained most of my weight, but I did lose that "pumped" look after a few weeks.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
They our always pumped up. I wish the Muscle Tech did what it said.I bought the hype a few years back when I was new. I would be the biggest bodybuilder ever. Never happened.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I clicked on this thread because I actually saw a question mark at the end of the thread title.

:wtf1:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
You have to specifically pic up a "natural bodybuilding" magazine to find guys who don't juice. Men's fitness is pretty much full of normal guys, men's health as well but muscle and fitness, flex, muscle mag all roids.

What I always wonder is even if your lifting and pushing large amounts of weight the tendons, ligaments and all the soft tissue in the joints can only take so much. The body is designed to build mass at a certain rate so it prevents injury and the joint can support the gains. Sometimes on waxy maize and creatine I have very little lactic burn and I keep going and I stop only cause of the weight I feel in my joint. All these guys must have constant chronic pain and injuries. They must all be on oxy as well. There's no way they do it smart. They wanna be the best so they will take short cuts.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
knew a guy who got addicted to oxy's because of the amount of pain he was in from lifting/. hes been out of the gym for YEARS no one knows where he went. so i wouldnt doubt some do that. he truly was a monster tho

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
The craziest thing, is that there are no current published studies on the long term use of steriods and health issues, pro or con, at least thats what I saw on real sports, you can look it up on you tube...of course I don't know much about AAS, being as I don't use them

SamuraiSid

Awards
I pick up an assortment of bodybuilding magazines from time to time, and I see they're full of huge guys promoting suppliments, diets, or work out routines. None of them ever promote steroids. But I look at these guys and say to myself, there's no way these guys are following only what they preach. I suppose some of these guys might be naturals, but I feel it's kinda false advertising when the others act as if they got big without the roids.

Thoughts?

Watch the documentary, "Bigger, Stronger, Faster"

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
You have to specifically pic up a "natural bodybuilding" magazine to find guys who don't juice. Men's fitness is pretty much full of normal guys, men's health as well but muscle and fitness, flex, muscle mag all roids.

What I always wonder is even if your lifting and pushing large amounts of weight the tendons, ligaments and all the soft tissue in the joints can only take so much. The body is designed to build mass at a certain rate so it prevents injury and the joint can support the gains. Sometimes on waxy maize and creatine I have very little lactic burn and I keep going and I stop only cause of the weight I feel in my joint. All these guys must have constant chronic pain and injuries. They must all be on oxy as well. There's no way they do it smart. They wanna be the best so they will take short cuts.
I'm sure even Men"s Fitness and Natural Body body builing mags have all run something in the recent past. If not, then they are extremely photoshopped!

need2grow

Awards
:wtf1:To each his own. Does it really matter what they do aslong as it doesnt harm you in some way? Everyone should have a say with what they do with their life in my opinion, so why would I care or should you. If we took your life and let everyone analyize it im sure we would find things we dont agree with dissaprove of but would it be fair to hinder you or your life when its not causing harm to anyone but yourself? Sure.....people & friends would offer advice ect....but it all comes down to a CHOICE which is always yours to make.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
:wtf1:To each his own. Does it really matter what they do aslong as it doesnt harm you in some way?
If it didn't harm anyone then maybe. Someone looks at them and thinks how do I get like that? Someone says take what they do. Then they go down the same route. The images are what causes a lot of guys to use in the first place. More so then just getting big. Same concept as women have as what skinny is. They pic up a magazine and look at a girl and say how do I get that skinny. "Here take this". Not a whole lot different. Also tell the people who are friends and family of the ones if it hasn't harmed them in some way. Have you thought of any of that?

Take a look at some old school body building pictures before steriods came into the picture where all that was put in was hard work. Those were the days..

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The craziest thing, is that there are no current published studies on the long term use of steriods and health issues, pro or con, at least thats what I saw on real sports, you can look it up on you tube...of course I don't know much about AAS, being as I don't use them
That's because recreational use in most western countries is illegal and against the rules of most sports organization. Steroids are the dirty little secret that everyone knows about but won't discuss because it can land them in prison or torpedo their career.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:wtf1:To each his own. Does it really matter what they do aslong as it doesnt harm you in some way? Everyone should have a say with what they do with their life in my opinion, so why would I care or should you. If we took your life and let everyone analyize it im sure we would find things we dont agree with dissaprove of but would it be fair to hinder you or your life when its not causing harm to anyone but yourself? Sure.....people & friends would offer advice ect....but it all comes down to a CHOICE which is always yours to make.
It does matter because the industry is telling lies of omissions. Putting pictures of juiced athletes in articles and advertising about diet, training, and supplements without disclosing their drug use is misleading to fans and consumers.

I would argue that this does do harm. How many kids have been scammed out of their minimum wage earned cash to buy the latest BS supplement because it was associated with some pro bodybuilder only to find it made zero difference? How many people who finally realized what the secret to the pros success is and also decide to use steroids but because of the illegality have to buy on the black market and often without knowing what the risks are?

You are right that if these athletes want to sacrifice their long term health for living the high life today then that should be their prerogative. However, until the industries are up front and honest about drug use, there will be negative impacts for those that support those industries.

need2grow

Awards
No, anyone who's under the age of 18 should have a parent or guardian looking after them and teaching them the diffrence between right and wrong. You cant blame the world for little dannys problems because you dont wanna spend the time teaching your own kid what is real and what not, right? Didnt your dad tell you there was no such things as monsters? lol now above 18 well fact of life is you live and learn and if the worst info the kids get is to eat right, workout, and dont drink or you cant achive this "status" then so be it. Its a lie none the less but atleast they learn and become healthy and more knowledgeable......beats smoking cigs, drinking and meth right or would you compare some of the skinny female celebs that use narc to become skinny or anarexic to the body builders who choose to juice and promote decent legal supps or would you rather them say kids need to juice up?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No to what? I made several points there.

anyone who's under the age of 18 should have a parent or guardian looking after them and teaching them the diffrence between right and wrong. You cant blame the world for little dannys problems because you dont wanna spend the time teaching your own kid what is real and what not, right?
Wow. Where do you live? Must be nice if everyone has perfect, all knowing, eternally available parents. As someone already mentioned, there is not a lot of readily available clinical information on steroid use. If potential users have a tough time of it, how are parents supposed to get the info? Regardless, if you can argue that we can't blame the world, I can just as easily argue that we can't blame parenting. It's a moot argument.

lol now above 18 well fact of life is you live and learn and if the worst info the kids get is to eat right, workout, and dont drink or you cant achive this "status" then so be it. Its a lie none the less but atleast they learn and become healthy and more knowledgeable......beats smoking cigs, drinking and meth right or would you compare some of the skinny female celebs that use narc to become skinny or anarexic to the body builders who choose to juice and promote decent legal supps or would you rather them say kids need to juice up?
More knowledgeable about false information? Great. Healthy? Not if they then turn to steroids/pro-hormones.

Your comparison to other substance abuse is irrelevant. It is like saying that it is better to be an alcoholic than a heroin addict. On an absolute scale then sure, but man you are just choosing a convenient context to justify your opinion.

IMO people should be given the straight goods so that they can make an informed decision. If they want to look like a pro BB then they should know what is really required and what sacrifices they have to make.

bigbadbrumie

Awards

Thoughts?
hypocrisy money and the law stop theese mags from tellin it like it is i cant belive in this day and age people dont know you cant get 260lbs of pure muscle without a little help,
even happens at the gym you have some guys who tell it like it is and spme bull**** they are "clean" yeah thats why you just put 20lbs of muscle on this month!!

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
oh yea the journey is incredible, the highs of bodybuilding cant be compared to anything. i guess they achieve that ultimate alpha male feeling, pumping so much testosterone. i just cant imagine how it feels to wake up when you are older, joints and ligaments all f'ed up, pissin blood, who knows what other terrible things you gotta deal with then.
Although he seems like he is in good health, except for dialysis, I believe Arnold would be a great person to ask.