BULKING TIPS!!!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to start a thread on our clever little tips to help the bulking process. We need to have a list of what we need on hand as we prep for a bulking run. These make my life easier every day on a bulk.

*Get a months worth of supplies before you bulk or you will pay the consequences at some point*

Bulking Snacks: (have them on hand to get your intake)
1. Hard boiled eggs
2. Cottage cheese, I mix mine with yogurt (vits with protein)
3. Natty PB put on everything. I prefer braided pretzels
4. Dried oats to be mixed with shakes.
5. Meatloaf (hamburg or turkey based)
6. MacN'cheese (for a quick carb up)
7. Fruits and Vege's (absolutely necessary)
8. Peanuts, Almonds, or other nuts
9. Pasta (easily cooked and eaten)
10. Stock up on steaks if you have the freezer space
11. Plenty of eggs uncooked
12. Whole wheat bread

Kitchen Products
1. Protein shake cup
2. Blender
3. Microwave
4. Lunch cooler (packed full from above on workdays)

Protein Powder
1. Muscle Milk (my personal fave post workout)
2. Longer aborbing pre-bed protein (casein or soy based)

Fluids
1. 15 gallons of water (at least half a gallon a day)
2. Whole Milk
3. Sugar free iced tea or lemonade powder if you cant drink water
3. Juices (esp grape for antioxidents)

Add more. I'm sure there are way more things out there.

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Extra virgin olive oil. Add that to my shakes.
Heavy whipping cream

UKStrength

Extra virgin olive oil. Add that to my shakes.
Heavy whipping cream
Agreed ^^^^

Also a bigger variety of carbohydrate choices...(starchy)

Brown/Wild Rice
White or Sweet Potatoes
Legumes such as: beans and lentils

As many types of oily fish as possible (for omega 3 content and the extra calories from fat)

Salmon (smoked, fresh or tinned)
Mackerel (smoked, fresh or tinned)
Kippers (smoked, fresh or tinned)

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Tuna!! How could I forget that one. So vital to a good bulk.

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Half and Half is a good way to cram some extra calories into a shake

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Instant Oatmeal with brown sugar is a great breakfast. You can eat a pack in 4 bites and tastes good.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
coconut oil. 4x 15ml servings a day :D

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i can't see flax seed oil on there...

that's a very good one to add.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
1lb ground sirloin mixed with rice , beans, olive oil, and almond peices. cooked obviously. I add franks redd hott as well, eat pwo, or anytime really.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established

MHA

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I justed wanted to know if there is a good(something with a profile like natty BP) oil for frying?

I use Pam spray for my chicken and it is starting to tast nasty! The other day I used some of the oil I had there and d@mn was it good!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I justed wanted to know if there is a good(something with a profile like natty BP) oil for frying?

I use Pam spray for my chicken and it is starting to tast nasty! The other day I used some of the oil I had there and d@mn was it good!
extra virgin olive oil. canola oils profile isn't too bad either - and its cheap. i could be wrong, but those are the only two i've found without trans-fat.

you may actually be able to find peanut oil (used in thai cooking), but i've never read the label for it.

UKStrength

Coconut oil is also excellent for frying as it's more stable at higher temperatures, get the extra virgin stuff though.

Peanut oil is also an excellent choice, it shouldn't contain any trans fats.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who plans on bulking needs to read all these tips. I have a new shopping list now.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna throw this one out there and it is IMO very important....have a huge stock of stool softeners (docusate sodium 200-400mg daily). Anyone bulking needs to have these cheap, effective pills on hand. With the huge consumption of protein we need our bodies need to avoid GI problems, which you will run the risk of getting if you crap little rocks...Take my word for it.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of problems.

Ya I said it!!!!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna throw this one out there and it is IMO very important....have a huge stock of stool softeners (docusate sodium 200-400mg daily). Anyone bulking needs to have these cheap, effective pills on hand. With the huge consumption of protein we need our bodies need to avoid GI problems, which you will run the risk of getting if you crap little rocks...Take my word for it.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of problems.

Ya I said it!!!!
Gut Health is awesome, i've never needed anything to soften my stools. I guess it depends on what your diet is like?

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Gut Health is awesome, i've never needed anything to soften my stools. I guess it depends on what your diet is like?
Loving the GUT HEALTH..LOL

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
^^^^ well with a good bit of dairy and fattning dressing

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
The big determining factor is how your body absorbs proteins from the foods that you eat. If your body doesnt absorb most of the protein, in what you consume, when it is excreted you are usually fine. If your body absorbs most of the protein it consumes then you could be inclined to crap hard rocks, which with time will hurt the GI walls and lead to problems. Fiber is the most forgotten about aspect of diets for 95% of humans, which also is huge for the GI tract. If you start to notice a trend of crapping rocks you need to have some serious softeners on hand or else you will tear something or cause unnecessary strain on your GI track.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The big determining factor is how your body absorbs proteins from the foods that you eat. If your body doesnt absorb most of the protein, in what you consume, when it is excreted you are usually fine. If your body absorbs most of the protein it consumes then you could be inclined to crap hard rocks, which with time will hurt the GI walls and lead to problems. Fiber is the most forgotten about aspect of diets for 95% of humans, which also is huge for the GI tract. If you start to notice a trend of crapping rocks you need to have some serious softeners on hand or else you will tear something or cause unnecessary strain on your GI track.
Steel cut oats and an apple everyday will do wonders.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Another piece of equipment to have on hand is a very loud alarm clock. When bulking your body is going to require much more sleep , to regenerate muscle. Power naps during the day and good sleep at night, so an alarm clock is a must.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
A new bulking staple that I started is Ezekiel bread. Usually found in your grocery store's freezer section.

Also mix a lowfat yogurt with 3 big scoops of cottage cheese PRE-BED.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
There is way too much talk about "dirty bulking" these days. Preparation with stuff from this thread will help you avoid eating everything and anything and eat a more anabolic mix of the right foods.

Post your lists.