ZMA good for bulking?

njsfinest

Awards
Hey ive been on a great bulking cycle right now for the winter, i am 16 at 6'2 190 pounds up from 174 and im loving life, but there is still more work to be done. I've been hearing nothing but great results when taking ZMA for bulking purposes, anyone can vouch for that? Thanks a lot guys

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is good stuff, but don't expect to get huge off of it. It is definitely a staple for me, but it's not something that will give you any big noticeable results in regards to bulking.

njsfinest

Awards
besides good eating, what would gain me the best amount of mass for my buck?

njsfinest

Awards
oh trust me ive bee patient but i dont want to waste my time lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First get your diet and training down. Supplements are just a tool once you've got those mastered.

Obviously you need to have the basic supps; Fish Oils (Bulk 1000ct is economical), Creatine (I like the bulk Creatine Mono , but we're running pretty good deals on Neovar and KreAlkalyn).
Then you can try some fun stuff; I really enjoyed Divanil, I would suggest picking up 2 bottles of Activate Xtreme (120 caps) By: DS and run it for 8 weeks; you should be quite impressed. The price is a steal!

Basketball23

Awards
hey im 16 and im looking to bulk up too. What supplements do u take? (i already have a good diet)

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ZMA is pretty good, I buy the Swanson brand, $5 or so from Amazon, I love it, been taking it for 6 months.

For Bulking? Nothing significant from the ZMA directly, but the better sleep and increase in test(if one was lacking in minerals) will help.

Make sure when you take it, you get adequate sleep, whatever that may be for you (7-9hrs here depending on the day)

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
he is 16, he doesnt need test booster sups
Zinc, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium, if you can get a test boost from vitamins found in everyday foods, then weather at 16 or 50, it's safe to take.

For example: most people are deficient in Magnesium, so there goes your M, Zinc can be blocked by calcium and some 16 yr olds drink a lot of milk especially when BBing, so there goes your Zinc absorption Z, B-6 is necessary for normal body functions.

B6 Chart from Wiki :

Males

14-18 yrs 80mg(Upper Limit)

And most ZMA supplements contain 10mg?

The "risk" to benefit ratio is not only acceptable, it is preferable.

But if you have information that refutes this, please post it.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Omen, you seem to know about it quite well.

In ZMa, what are the functions of each mineral?

I heard that it's the magnesium that makes the sleep deeper and Zinc promotes the tissue repair while vitamin B6 is for regulatory purposes. Is that the case?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Omen, you seem to know about it quite well.

In ZMa, what are the functions of each mineral?

I heard that it's the magnesium that makes the sleep deeper and Zinc promotes the tissue repair while vitamin B6 is for regulatory purposes. Is that the case?
I'm no expert on ZMA bro, I just know a bit about it.

Magnesium: I have very little magnesium in my diet so I supplement with the ZMA, it keeps me regular every morning NO MATTER WHAT I eat, relaxes me before bed and I sleep better.

Zinc: Athletes use more zinc than the average person, people who have more sex the average person use more Zinc, Athletes who have more sex than the average person, need even more :D so ZMA takes care of that too.

B6: Is needed for lots of functions, I'm under a bit more stress than usual so nothing wrong with a bit more B6.

It's not a miracle supplement and it won't add 50lbs of rock hard permanent muscle in 2 days without any side effects or your money back, but for $10/month I love what it does: better sleep, more zinc, more b6, improved mood from better sleep, better growth and repair, no constipation, etc...

ZMA is just vitamins/minerals, if vitamins can boost test, then that's great, vitamins and minerals are thoroughly studied and have a long record of safety.

IMO(not backed by studies for now) if ZMA raises your testosterone significantly, then you were deficient, if you notice a sense of well being, then you're getting optimum amounts of those minerals.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
I think its a good choice(couldn't hurt, just dont take more it wont add any benifits).
Check this out
Weight gainer(post workout), creatine, multivit, liver tabs, and ZMA.
Oh and you can get it cheap over at bodybuilding.com
search for big cats mass stack, shoot I think ill start a thread to save people money.

MAK40

Awards
no no, im all for ZMA it's great stuff. I even took it when i was 16. Someone posted a link for activate extreme which is not needed at his age. thats what i was referring to.

jswole

jswole

Banned
Awards
ZMA did nothing for me personally-its cheap tho, so its worth a shot. Everyone is different.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey ive been on a great bulking cycle right now for the winter, i am 16 at 6'2 190 pounds up from 174 and im loving life, but there is still more work to be done. I've been hearing nothing but great results when taking ZMA for bulking purposes, anyone can vouch for that? Thanks a lot guys
You're 16, you don't need anything at all. Just eat.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
yeah man ZMA's are good... they help you alot with sleep... you sleep so much deeper.. and with that u boost ur test up... cause that is when you obtain your test is sleep...

MuscleMadness

MuscleMadness

Awards
I feel zma's work better then trib... trib does nothin and sometimes even makes me feel worse. zma at least makes you feel good and helps you sleep a little....
Makes me wish I bought some extra protein instead of the tribulus.

MM

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
yeah trib. does nothing for me either i am using ZMA and melatonin right b4 sleep.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert on ZMA bro, I just know a bit about it.

Magnesium: I have very little magnesium in my diet so I supplement with the ZMA, it keeps me regular every morning NO MATTER WHAT I eat, relaxes me before bed and I sleep better.

Zinc: Athletes use more zinc than the average person, people who have more sex the average person use more Zinc, Athletes who have more sex than the average person, need even more :D so ZMA takes care of that too.

B6: Is needed for lots of functions, I'm under a bit more stress than usual so nothing wrong with a bit more B6.

It's not a miracle supplement and it won't add 50lbs of rock hard permanent muscle in 2 days without any side effects or your money back, but for $10/month I love what it does: better sleep, more zinc, more b6, improved mood from better sleep, better growth and repair, no constipation, etc...

ZMA is just vitamins/minerals, if vitamins can boost test, then that's great, vitamins and minerals are thoroughly studied and have a long record of safety.

IMO(not backed by studies for now) if ZMA raises your testosterone significantly, then you were deficient, if you notice a sense of well being, then you're getting optimum amounts of those minerals.
i see. thanks for the info man.

And yea tribulus is wack from what i heard. And I can't find any medical journals on it either....

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
hey im 16 and im looking to bulk up too. What supplements do u take? (i already have a good diet)

The only thing I wish I woud have done when I was 16 was lift more and get more protien