Researching bulking

oldmanlifting

Awards
Hi I am new to the site and need some help.

I'm a 50 year old man been lifting seriously for 1 year. I am 6'1" and weight is 201. I am at around 17% body fat. I am also on HRT. I've been thinking of doing a cycle of 200mg T-CYP 2 X week along with my other HRT meds but, have some quesations on the nutritional part. I have learned a great deal the last year about my body and how it responds to food. I lost 20 lbs mostly fat the last 9 weeks trying to get a better body fat % for this cycle. I am currently on a 60% protien 20% fat and 20% carbs diet. Will go to a 50%, 30%, 20% for the cycle.
I mostly eat good fats and good carbs. I also have a cheat day on Sundays. I am eating 6 meals a day and know I need to up my calories to gain mostly good weight. Now for the questions

1. I hear of people putting carbs in the form of glucose right after a workout is this nessary to gain weight

2. Would just increasing my calories help me to gain weight at my age.

3. any other thoughts how to help. I am also pre diabetic and have it under control without meds right now.

My HRT is

T-CYP 140mg 1 X a week
HCG 250iu 3 X a week
Arimidex .25 E4D

Was thinking of doing cjc-1295 and ghrp-6 with this cycle also or just adding it to my HRT protocal.

Thanks
oldmanlifting

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi I am new to the site and need some help.

I'm a 50 year old man been lifting seriously for 1 year. I am 6'1" and weight is 201. I am at around 17% body fat. I am also on HRT. I've been thinking of doing a cycle of 200mg T-CYP 2 X week along with my other HRT meds but, have some quesations on the nutritional part. I have learned a great deal the last year about my body and how it responds to food. I lost 20 lbs mostly fat the last 9 weeks trying to get a better body fat % for this cycle. I am currently on a 60% protien 20% fat and 20% carbs diet. Will go to a 50%, 30%, 20% for the cycle.
I mostly eat good fats and good carbs. I also have a cheat day on Sundays. I am eating 6 meals a day and know I need to up my calories to gain mostly good weight. Now for the questions

1. I hear of people putting carbs in the form of glucose right after a workout is this nessary to gain weight

2. Would just increasing my calories help me to gain weight at my age.

3. any other thoughts how to help. I am also pre diabetic and have it under control without meds right now.

My HRT is

T-CYP 140mg 1 X a week
HCG 250iu 3 X a week
Arimidex .25 E4D

Was thinking of doing cjc-1295 and ghrp-6 with this cycle also or just adding it to my HRT protocal.

Thanks
oldmanlifting
1: Right after WO you want to ideally consume a fast absorbing carb that will not get held up in the liver. I like Waxy Maize Starch for this.

2: Yes, upping your calories will most definitely help you gain weight.

3: You need to be careful and see if hypoglycemic/diabetic individuals can consume these types of carbs and what effect they will have on your blood sugar levels. Just a thought.