running and bulking

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Would running in the morning a minimum of 30 minutes up to an hour effect my muscle gain while bulking? Would this be a way of just keeping fat under control?

:bb3:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought I could get away with running while bulking this winter. So far, it's been a disappointment in terms of lean mass gains. I look way less sloppy than I usually do while on an all out bulk, but I suspect the running has hindered lean mass gains.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Natural. Just though this would help keep the fat in check.

crazilyfter42

Awards
I reduce my running to about once a week when I bulk. This helps w/ fat and kind of keeps my endurance in check. Ive found this to work for me but everyone is different.

iceman5005

iceman5005

Awards
well i would say,do ure cardio after weightlifting,ur best bet would be HIIT,it will burn fat but leave ur muscle almost untouched.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I reduce my running to about once a week when I bulk. This helps w/ fat and kind of keeps my endurance in check. Ive found this to work for me but everyone is different.
You don't even need to run really. You could just do 20 mins of walking on an inclined treadmill. Keep in mind though, that this defeats the purpose of gaining weight really. I wouldn't be doing too much cardio unless on a recomp/cut. Why waste the opportunity of the winter months with cardio!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't even need to run really. You could just do 20 mins of walking on an inclined treadmill. Keep in mind though, that this defeats the purpose of gaining weight really. I wouldn't be doing too much cardio unless on a recomp/cut. Why waste the opportunity of the winter months with cardio!
Based on what has happened over the past 2 months with my routine and body comp, I agree with this entire post :cheers:

In general, I find that it's easier to naturally cut without muscle loss than to gain mass without fat gain.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Based on what has happened over the past 2 months with my routine and body comp, I agree with this entire post :cheers:

In general, I find that it's easier to naturally cut without muscle loss than to gain mass without fat gain.
/Agree!

crazilyfter42

Awards
I don't look at once a week as wasting an opportunity. It helps me maintain my endurance and reduce the amount of fat gain. What works for you might not necessarily work for me. I have no problem bulking and doing this.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I find when I increase my running, my numbers go down on squats and other compounds for legs. I hate this fact, and it bothers me terribly!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I find when I increase my running, my numbers go down on squats and other compounds for legs. I hate this fact, and it bothers me terribly!
It's like that for most people. This is why I don't run lol. If I am doing cardio I either do the elliptical machine, or walk on incline. A lot of people laugh at that, but it works fine for me.