I need advice on a better tasting gainer...PLEASE!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I'm pretty much been eating THE SAME home made gainer for the past year. It was good at first but today I tried a sample of BSN's True Mass and it was so amazing. I know I wont make anything close to that,especially since it's full of sugar but I want to get close. It's easier to drink when it tastes good...

I have been doing this:

1/2 cup whole milk
1 tbsp natty pb
1/2 cup oats
140g blueberries
1 scoop whey
1/2 scoop whole egg protein from TP

Drinking this has become a chore but I really don't have any other solid ideas.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
try different fruit:

strawberries
apricot
mango

what about almond butter instead of PB? That stuff is fine tasting...

Spiulina powder is a change - maybe not for the better tasting, but it's a superfood.

If you're bulking, why not try some chocolate powder from time to time?

Just throwing it out there bro - personally I like my blender more than I like my ex-wife (to the point where I know where I'd rather stick my d.... )

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
try different fruit:

strawberries
apricot
mango

what about almond butter instead of PB? That stuff is fine tasting...

Spiulina powder is a change - maybe not for the better tasting, but it's a superfood.

If you're bulking, why not try some chocolate powder from time to time?

Just throwing it out there bro - personally I like my blender more than I like my ex-wife (to the point where I know where I'd rather stick my d.... )
Strawberries would be a nice change! I wish I could buy almond butter but it's expensive! When you say chocolate powder what do you mean?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dunno, Cadbury? they have that over in the US? Just buy the drinking choco to treat yourself every now and then

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
hahaha hilarious!

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Throw ice in there, I know that won't add to helping gain weight, but they taste a lot better when you blend up the ice.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
goto nutraplanet and get ISOGAINER CHOCOLATE by NUTRABOLICS

best tasting weight gainer ive ever had EVER!!!! hands down, no1 even close,

i would look to it for every meal, i would choose it over food too, thats how awesome it was.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looks like you bought all of our stock Crazyfool ;) http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutrabolics/isogainer-5-lb.html

I still perfer homemade gainers. Universal Nutrition's Strawberry Real Gains is another great tasting pre-made product, but back to homebrews.

You can add cocoa powder in for some taste, saturated fats and fiber. Is your protein from TP chocolate? Adding cocoa would be perfect then. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/flavored-stevia-extract-2-fl-oz.html?sel=1875 is also something I picked up that is quite interesting and adds a nice taste.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It looks like you bought all of our stock Crazyfool ;) http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutrabolics/isogainer-5-lb.html

I still perfer homemade gainers. Universal Nutrition's Strawberry Real Gains is another great tasting pre-made product, but back to homebrews.

You can add cocoa powder in for some taste, saturated fats and fiber. Is your protein from TP chocolate? Adding cocoa would be perfect then. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/flavored-stevia-extract-2-fl-oz.html?sel=1875 is also something I picked up that is quite interesting and adds a nice taste.

i like home made gainers too but for the sake of simplicity, its easier to use 3 scoops then like 5 different ingredients. then blending ect..

bigbird101

Awards
ive been using weight gain products. why do you guys prefer home brews. should i switch, what are some benefits

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a lot of the weight gainers use malto dextrin as the sugar,

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
maltodextrin is tasteless so they might use it because of that, dextrose is really potent tasting I think.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
maltodextrin is tasteless so they might use it because of that, dextrose is really potent tasting I think.
For HG carbs, go to the grocers and ask for a bag of black bananas - full of sugars plus all the MVA - cheap.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Nah to mushy for me haha, but they are packed with sugar.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I suppose they would blend up pretty good, wouldn't be a bad idea.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you want to go hardcore get a juicer and try the following:

beetroot
silverbeet
carrot
ginger
apple

...then wack in 4-8 whole eggs

It's nasty but so choca full of goodness!

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Lol I'm not hardcore enough for that: ginger,apple and eggs just should not be together.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol I'm not hardcore enough for that: ginger,apple and eggs just should not be together.
haha - I have eggs in my regular oats and dairy type gainers - haven't tried it in the vege juice version - thought I'd throw it out there for a reaction!

...but if you ignore the eggs, you can get one hell of a rush from the vege juice!

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Juicers are to expensive for what they do I think, but I watch those infomercials sometimes with Jack LaLane or w/e and the fruit juice looks good, vegetable juice just isn't my thing.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
i like home made gainers too but for the sake of simplicity, its easier to use 3 scoops then like 5 different ingredients. then blending ect..
This is what I am thinking of. Any home brew is so vastly superior to a weight gainer you would by. It would just be pretty nice to put a couple scoops in my shaker and I'm done.

I might try a purchased gainer just for that reason. Besides being more expensive and not as healthy as a home brew is there any real reason why not to use one? I would think there would be some advantages. This seems like a good deal: Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass, 12 Lbs. - Weight Gainers - Protein Powders - A1Supplements.com but 252 carbs? Are they serious? 3 servings daily? haha

You can add cocoa powder in for some taste, saturated fats and fiber. Is your protein from TP chocolate? Adding cocoa would be perfect then.
I love using cocoa powder. My whey is ON but I actually have some chocolate CMDI from TP and I mix it with cinnamon,cocoa powder,half,and half,peanut butter,water,and some TP Whole Egg Protein. It's orgasmic.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is what I am thinking of. Any home brew is so vastly superior to a weight gainer you would by. It would just be pretty nice to put a couple scoops in my shaker and I'm done.

I might try a purchased gainer just for that reason. Besides being more expensive and not as healthy as a home brew is there any real reason why not to use one? I would think there would be some advantages. This seems like a good deal: Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass, 12 Lbs. - Weight Gainers - Protein Powders - A1Supplements.com but 252 carbs? Are they serious? 3 servings daily? haha

\

I love using cocoa powder. My whey is ON but I actually have some chocolate CMDI from TP and I mix it with cinnamon,cocoa powder,half,and half,peanut butter,water,and some TP Whole Egg Protein. It's orgasmic.
yo how did u multi qoute?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I would like to know how to multi quote as well, I know were not suppose to have the ability to do it, but I have seen a few people do it.:think:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would like to know how to multi quote as well, I know were not suppose to have the ability to do it, but I have seen a few people do it.:think:
You have two tabs open - one with your reply, the other the thread.

You copy what you wish to quote onto your reply, highlight it and use the quotation function.

Copy, paste and repeat the quotation function as often as required.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Eh, to much work for that. I will just wait for the multi quote function to be installed.

IJL

Awards
try bodyfuel's enormass. by far the best tasting weight gainer i have ever used! i order from nutritionzoneonline.com, they seem to have low prices