Bulking & Resting [Time Off]

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Hi guys. Im currently attempting to put on some al natural poundage (~10) before I run my Ph cycle (hdrol) in about two months. Average caloric intake is around 5k.
- I've been feeling run down lately..and like my body is taking more time to recover. Is it ok to take a week off, or will that inhibit gains?

landfill

Awards
Hi guys. Im currently attempting to put on some al natural poundage (~10) before I run my Ph cycle (hdrol) in about two months. Average caloric intake is around 5k.
- I've been feeling run down lately..and like my body is taking more time to recover. Is it ok to take a week off, or will that inhibit gains?
Take a week off if you feel you need it,you'll come back stronger and will make better progress.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
thanks... What about diet? If im bulking yet taking a week off should I continue the high calorie intake- or cut back ?

landfill

Awards
thanks... What about diet? If im bulking yet taking a week off should I continue the high calorie intake- or cut back ?

Cut back a little if you like,say 500cals a day,from carbs.Keep protein high and don't use this week as an excuse to eat junk,your body will still be growing and repairing itself in that week,so your stick to your diet.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I take a week off every month and take the opportunity to catch up on rest and change my routine around. If you train to failure on a regular basis your nervous system needs time to recover also. I personally feel rejuvinated and more motivated than ever when I return after a week off.

Aggression

Aggression

Awards
The signs of overtraining can be things like tiredness, loss of motivation to workout, feeling run down, impeded progression. Whenever you feel this, take a week or two off. You're body is telling to you chill for a bit. During this time, keep your diet in check, maybe lowering cals a bit because you won't be burning as much. Use this time to evaluate your goals and to just clear your head. When you get back into the gym, you're body will respond with greater strength and focus.

I do DC training, and every 8-12 weeks, I do a cruise cycle, which is used to let my body recover and heal up. I either hit the gym very lightly, to try out new exercises, or even do a different split for a week or two, or I take off completely for 10-14 days before getting back into it.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
The signs of overtraining can be things like tiredness, loss of motivation to workout, feeling run down, impeded progression. Whenever you feel this, take a week or two off. You're body is telling to you chill for a bit. During this time, keep your diet in check, maybe lowering cals a bit because you won't be burning as much. Use this time to evaluate your goals and to just clear your head. When you get back into the gym, you're body will respond with greater strength and focus.

I do DC training, and every 8-12 weeks, I do a cruise cycle, which is used to let my body recover and heal up. I either hit the gym very lightly, to try out new exercises, or even do a different split for a week or two, or I take off completely for 10-14 days before getting back into it.

Yea thats pretty much exactly what I've been feeling. Took the last week off and so far feel much better. Am trying to keep my diet in check- Thanks for the input :head:

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I'm in a similar predicament. My shoulder has been jacked up lately (bad) and havent' been able to do anything upper body. just lower twice a week. I feel horrible. so i decided to eat my arse off every meal as to not lose much muscle and keep some weight. It's just a mind game. I usually hit it 4-5 times a week and now I have been out of commission for 3 weeks. a week off will be good for you. helps the mind and body. good luck!

The_KM

The_KM

Awards
This is completely fine and natural -- you're overreaching.

In most cases, you're adrenally fatigued. And in combination with neurological drain, you get that run down feeling, that even the easiest exercises is taxing.

Take a 1-2wks off. Manage your caloric intake depending on your somatotype (carb sensitivity, etc). Look into relaxation exercises/techniques if need be.

You can do this, or strategically decondition (deload), like Aggression said. Depends how boggy you feel.

KM

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
I'm in a similar predicament. My shoulder has been jacked up lately (bad) and havent' been able to do anything upper body. just lower twice a week. I feel horrible. so i decided to eat my arse off every meal as to not lose much muscle and keep some weight. It's just a mind game. I usually hit it 4-5 times a week and now I have been out of commission for 3 weeks. a week off will be good for you. helps the mind and body. good luck!

Thanks man. GL 2 you too. I find if I keep my calories at the same level i start to see more fat after a week..but im going back tomorrow to do work :) ..im wondering if going back to the same routine, or doing a full body workout would be a better idea..