Diet and growth

jpower9

jpower9

Awards
I'm currently about 2 weeks into a bulking cycle. I have gained 7 lbs already but there is no way it can be muscle. I'm concerned about the water weight that I'm carrying. I'm 5'10 and am currently at 202 lbs. I have also added nearly an inch on to my waist line measured at my belly button. I'm running a 6 week cycle with Epistane, Neovar, and Plasmajet. I also take Superpump pre-workout. My waist started at 35" and is now 36". Should I be concerned?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently about 2 weeks into a bulking cycle. I have gained 7 lbs already but there is no way it can be muscle. I'm concerned about the water weight that I'm carrying. I'm 5'10 and am currently at 202 lbs. I have also added nearly an inch on to my waist line measured at my belly button. I'm running a 6 week cycle with Epistane, Neovar, and Plasmajet. I also take Superpump pre-workout. My waist started at 35" and is now 36". Should I be concerned?
Is this your first cycle?

ACSlayer

Awards
When you introduce a new calorie surplus to your body, water retention is sure to follow. This is due to the higher amount of carbs and sodium which contribute to water retention. Keep your water intake very high and make sure you are getting enough potassium in your diet and soon your body will become aclimated and not carry a large excess of
fluid.

An elementary way to get a basic idea of whether you have put on water or fat is to pinch your belly before bed and at rising. Is the extra skin loose, pliable and jiggly--likely water. Or is the extra skin thick, attached, and more difficult to move around--its likely fat. Granted its not hard evidence at all, but it helps you be able to tell whether you are just holding water or gaining blubber.

jpower9

jpower9

Awards
This is my real first bulking cycle. This is definitely my first serious cycle. All my lifting to this point hasn't been as serious although I have had great gains.

Rah22491

Awards
Did you dramatically increase your calories when you started or did you start at 500 above maintainence and move up gradually from there?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
This is my real first bulking cycle. This is definitely my first serious cycle. All my lifting to this point hasn't been as serious although I have had great gains.

He meant is this your first steroid cycle?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you check your blood pressure with Epistane and Superpump... Most steer clear of pre workout stims on cycle.