Bulking Tips For HardGainers - AnabolicMinds.com

Bulking Tips For HardGainers

  1. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Bulking Tips For HardGainers


    Tips for Daily Eating

    1. Eat lean protein with every meal—Good proteins include chicken, lean beef and
    turkey, tuna and other fish, eggs (also has fat) and egg whites, and protein
    supplements.
    2. Eat unprocessed carbs—The bulk of your carb consumption should be in the
    form of quality, unprocessed, low glycemic carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes,
    rice, whole gain pastas, breads, and cereals.
    3. Eat fruits and vegetables EVERYDAY—Fruits and vegetables contain
    vitamins, minerals, and many nutrients vital for good overall health, wellness, and
    growth.
    4. Eat good fats with every meal (except post-workout)—Dietary fat is very
    important for proper body functioning and hormone production. Most people have
    an unbalanced view of dietary fat and therefore limit it. Good sources of fat
    include almonds and almond butter, peanuts and peanut butter, avocado, flax seed
    and olive oil, and eggs.
    5. Don’t eat until you feel like you are going to vomit—When trying to gain
    weight, some hard gainers eat to the point of vomiting. This is not healthy or
    necessary. Instead of eating HUGE meals, I recommend eating 6-7 decently-sized
    meals that make you feel full but not STUFFED and BLOATED.
    6. Cook meals in advance—Have food already cooked and ready to go when it is
    time to eat makes getting enough calories much easier and less of a burden.
    7. A macronutrient ratio for bulking is 50:30:20 carbsrotein:fats—One should
    always get 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, this is your primary
    objective. Above that, carbs and good fats will make up the bulk of your calories.
    If you are consuming 3,000 calories, this would equate to:
    a. Carbs = 375 grams
    b. Protein = 225 grams
    c. Fat = 67 grams
    8. Eat the bulk of your carbs around your workout—Weight lifting increases the
    body’s need for glucose, therefore it makes sense to eat carbs around your
    workout.
    9. If you aren’t gaining weight you need to increase your calories—While some
    people might be able to gain muscle on 3,000 calories, you may need to eat 4,000
    or even 5,000 calories a day in order to grow. It is important to monitor your
    weight and body fat% so you can tell whether or not you need to increase your
    caloric intake.
    10. A cheat meal here and there won’t kill you—If you eat 6 meals a day then that
    means you are eating 42 meals a week. Having one or two “off” meals will not
    kill you and can me psychologically refreshing. If you want to enjoy a meal out
    with your friends and family that is fine and encouraged.

    Now that you know how you should eat everyday, it is time to get into the stimulus for
    growth, the workout!



    Hard Gainer Weight Training Program


    In order to grow, you need to get STRONGER! The best way to accomplish this
    is with heavy compound lifts. At this point in your development, there really is no need to
    do isolation exercises as you need to build solid MASS. The primary exercises you want
    to stick to are:


    Chest
    o Bench Press (Flat, Incline, Decline)
    o DB Press (Flat, Incline, Decline)
    o Dips

    Back
    o Deadlift/Rack Deadlift
    o Bent Over Row/T-Bar Row
    o Pull-Ups/Lat-Pulldown

    • Shoulder
    o Military Press
    o Clean and Press
    o DB Side Laterals

    • Traps
    o Barbell Shrug
    o DB Shrug

    • Triceps
    o Close Grip Bench Press
    o Reverse Bench Press
    o Skull Crusher
    0 Dips

    • Biceps
    o Barbell Curl
    o DB Curl
    o Reverse Curl

    • Quads
    o Squats
    o Leg Press
    o Hack Squats

    • Hams
    o Stiff Leg Deadlift
    o Good Mornings
    o Leg Curls

    • Calves
    o Calf Raises (Seated and Standing)
    o Donkey Calf Raises
    o Leg Press Calf Raises



    1. Choose a weight that will allow you to get at least 4 reps, but no more than 8 reps.
    2. If you can get 8 reps with a given weight, then increase the load.
    3. Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    4. Exercises can be swapped from the list above for each given muscle group if desired.

    Putting Everything into Action


    Now that you have all this information it is time to put it into ACTION! I am
    going to list to potential meal schedules for a morning and evening lifter and exercise
    schedules.

    Meal Schedule
    Morning Lifter

    Meal 1- Solid Food
    Pre/Post Workout Shake
    Meal 2- Solid Food
    Meal 3- Power MRP
    Meal 4- Solid Food
    Meal 5- Power MRP
    Meal 6- Solid Food

    Evening Lifter
    Meal 1- Power MRP
    Meal 2- Solid Food
    Meal 3- Power MRP
    Meal 4- Solid Food
    Pre/Post Workout Shake
    Meal 5- Solid Food
    Meal 6- Solid Food

    Exercise Schedules

    Option 1

    Monday- Push A + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Tuesday- Pull A + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Wednesday- Off/Rest Day
    Thursday- Push B + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Friday- Pull B + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Saturday- Off/Rest Day
    Sunday- Off/Rest Day

    Option 2

    Monday- Push A
    Tuesday- Pull A
    Wednesday- HIIT
    Thursday- Push B
    Friday- Pull B
    Saturday- HIIT
    Sunday- Off/Rest Day
    *If you choose option 2 you should treat the HIIT as a weight training workout
    concerning workout nutrition, but cut the pre and post workout shakes’ macronutrient
    amounts in half.

    Daily Calories


    • Your starting caloric intake is 15 * your bodyweight + 500
    • If you weigh 160 lbs your starting caloric intake would be 2400 (160*15) + 500
    = 3100 calories.
    • Using the recommended ratio of 50:30:20 (carbsrotein:fat) you would consume
    o Carbs = 387 grams
    o Protein = 232 grams
    o Fat = 69 grams
    • More carbs should be eaten around your workout than at other times during the
    day.
    • Power MRPs can be used to meet your calorie requirements as outlined.
    • Pre and during shakes should be implemented as outlined.
    • I am not going to tell you to eat this many grams of protein and carbs in meal 1
    and this many in meal 2. Instead your main focus should be on hitting your
    targeted caloric intake and macronutrient amounts by choosing healthy foods
    from the “High Performance Nutrient Selection” below.

    — High Performance Food List


    High Performance Nutrient Selection
    Starches (equal to 1 serving of Carbohydrate)
    12-15 grams carbohydrate


    BREADS


    * Bagel - whole-wheat, oat-bran, 9-grain (3.5 inch) ½ or 42g
    * Bread - whole-wheat, oat-bran, 9-grain 1 slice or 32g
    * Ezekiel bread (sprouted grains NO FLOUR) 1 slice
    * Whole Wheat English muffin ½ or 33g
    * Whole Wheat Pita bread (6.5 inch in diameter) ½ or 32g
    * Whole Wheat Tortilla, 6 inches across 1 or 35g

    CEREALS & GRAINS
    * Barley (pearled) (dry) 1.25 tbsp or 15.6g
    * Kashi Medley 1/3 cup or 19.8g
    * Cream of Wheat regular or quick (dry) 1.5 tbsp or 16.7g
    * Granola, low-fat (Heartland brand) 2.5 tbsp or 16.5g
    * Grape-Nuts (Post brand) 2.5 tbsp or 16.5g
    * Honey ¾ tbsp or 15.8g
    * Millet (dry) 1.5 tbsp or 18.75g
    * Oat Bran (dry) 3.5 tbsp or 20.5g
    * Oatmeal (Quaker Instant/Old Fashion, dry) ¼ cup or 20g
    * Pasta, wheat (noodles, bowtie, shells etc), (cooked) 1/3 cup or 46g
    * Quinoa Grain (dry) 1.75 tbsp or 18.6g
    * Rice, brown long-grain (cooked) 1/3 cup or 64.35g
    * Rolled Oats ¼ cup or 20.25g
    * Steel Cut Oats, dry 1/8 cup or 20g

    STARCHY VEGETABLES

    * Baked potato (no skin) 63.8g or 2.25 oz
    * Baked Sweet potato (baked no skin) 56.7g or 2 oz
    * Yams (baked, no skin) 56.7g or 2 oz

    DRIED BEANS & LENTILS
    ALSO COUNTS AS 1 MEAT SERVING

    * Black Beans (S&W - canned) 106g or 3.75 oz
    * Red Kidney, Pinto Beans (Green Giant - canned) 85g or 3 oz

    Fruits (equal to 1 serving of Carbohydrate)
    12-15 grams carbohydrate

    * Apple, (with peel) 3.25 oz or 92g
    * Banana, (peeled) 2.25 oz or 64g
    * Blueberries (fresh) 3.5 oz or 99g
    * Grapefruit, (peeled) 6.5 oz or 184g
    * Grapes 3 oz or 85g
    * Mango (fresh) 3 oz or 85g
    * Orange, (peeled) 3.5 oz or 99g
    * Pineapple 4 oz or 113g
    * Peach (fresh) 4.55 oz or 127.5g
    * Pear (fresh) 3 oz or 85g
    * Papaya (fresh) 5 oz or 141.75g
    * Raisins (seedless) 2 tbsp or 18.5g
    * Strawberries (fresh) 6.5 oz or 184g
    * Watermelon (fresh) 5 oz or 141.75g

    Milk (equal to 1 serving of Protein & 1 serving Carbohydrate)
    12-15 grams carbohydrates
    6-8 grams protein
    MILK & VERY LOW-FAT MILK
    * Skim milk (0 grams fat) 1 cup or 8 Floz
    * 1% Milk 1 cup or 8 Floz
    * Plain non-fat yogurt ¾ cup or 6 oz
    * Yoplait/Dannon Light Fruit yogurt 6 oz (1 container)
    LOW-FAT MILK
    Also Counts as 1 Fat serving
    * 2 % milk 1 cup or 8 oz
    * Plain low-fat yogurt ¾ cup or 6.5 oz
    * Sweet acidophilus milk 1 cup
    WHOLE MILK
    Also Counts as 2 Fat servings
    * Whole milk 1 cup or 8 oz

    Vegetables (equal to 1 serving of Vegetables)
    4-6 grams carbohydrates
    • All servings sizes are based on (raw or steamed)
    * Asparagus 4 oz or 113 g
    * Broccoli 2.75oz or 78g or ½ cup
    * Cauliflower 2.75oz or 78g or ½ cup
    * Green Beans 2.2oz or 62.5g or ½ cup
    * Onions 53g or 1.86 oz or 1/3 cup
    * Spinach 125g or 4.4oz or 2/3 cup
    * Celery 120g or 4.25 oz or 1 cup
    * Cucumber 156g or 5.5 oz or 1/3 cup
    * Green onions 50g or 1.75 oz or ½ cup
    * Mushrooms 78g or 2.5 oz or ½ cup
    * Tomato 90g or 3.2 oz or ½ cup
    * Salad greens (lettuce, romaine) 165g or 5.2 oz or 3 cups
    Protein (equal to 1 serving of Meat)
    6-8 grams protein

    VERY LEAN MEAT (all measurements AFTER cooked)


    * Chicken breast (white meat) boneless/skinless 1 oz or 28.35g
    * Turkey breast (LEAN) 1 oz or 28.35g
    * Fresh fish (cod, haddock, halibut, tuna, tilapia) 1 oz or 28.35g
    * Shell fish (crab, lobster, shrimp) 1.25 oz or 35.5g
    * Egg whites 2 or 67g
    * Egg Beaters ¼ cup or 2.15 oz or 61g
    * Non-fat cottage cheese ¼ cup or 2 oz or 57 g
    * Salmon Fillet 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as ½ fat serving)
    * Lean Sirloin ¾ oz or 21.25g
    * Egg (including yolk) 1 or 50g (also counts as 1 fat serving)
    * Cheese 2% (Reduced Fat) 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as 1 fat serving)
    * Salmon 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as ½ fat serving)
    Fat (equal to 1 serving of Fat)
    5 grams fat

    MONOUNSATURATED FATS & POLYUNSATURATED FATS
    * Avocado 1 oz or 28.35g

    * Almonds (dry roasted) 1/3 oz (~ 6 pieces) or 1 tbsp or 8.6g
    * Benecol light 1 tbsp or 14g
    * Cashews 1/3 oz or 1 tbsp or 9.65g
    * Enova oil 1 Tsp or 4.5g
    * Flax oil 1 Tsp or 4.5g
    * Mayonnaise (Light, reduced-fat) 1 Tbsp or 15g
    * Oil (olive or canola, Enova) 1 tsp or 4.5g or 0.16 oz
    * Peanuts 1/3 oz or 9.36g
    * Peanut/Almond butter (smooth or crunchy) 2 tsp or 0.38 oz or 10.6g
    * Pecans ¼ oz or 1 tbsp or 7.44g
    * Salad dressing (Light, reduced-fat) 2 Tbsp or 30g
    * Sesame seeds 1Tbsp or 1/3 oz or 9.4g
    * Smart Balance Light spread 1 tbsp or 14g
    * Sunflower seeds 1Tbsp or 1/3 oz or 9.0g
    * Walnuts 1Tbsp or 1/4 oz or 7.5g

    FREE FOOD LIST

    Less than 20 calories per serving
    Less than 5 gram carbohydrates per serving
    Recommended at 1 serving per meal per day
    FAT FREE or REDUCED FAT
    * Cream cheese 1 Tbsp
    * Creamers, non-dairy liquid 1 Tbsp
    * Creamer, non-dairy powder 2 Tbsp
    * Mayonnaise, fat-free 1 Tbsp
    * Margarine, fat-free 4 Tbsp
    * Miracle Whip, non-fat 1 Tbsp
    * Salad dressing, fat-free 1 Tbsp
    * Sour cream, fat-free 2 Tbsp
    SUGAR FREE or LOW SUGAR
    * Hard candy, sugar free 1 piece
    * Gelatin dessert, sugar free 1
    * Gum, sugar free 1 piece
    * Jam or jelly. Low sugar or light 2 tsp
    * Syrup, sugar free 2 Tbsp
    DRINKS
    * Coffee
    * Club soda
    * Diet soft drinks, sugar free
    * Tea
    * Tonic water

    SUGAR SUBSTITUTES
    Equal (aspartame)
    Splenda (Sucralose)
    Sprinkle Sweet (saccharin)
    Sweet One (Acesulfame potassium)
    Sweet ‘n Low (saccharin)

  2. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Im no doctor so don't take this as medical advice. This is a list I followed with great luck and wanted to share.
  3. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4769

    Reputation

    Why would a 'hardgainer' want to eat lean meat? Wouldn't he want the extra calories?
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    346

    Reputation

    good post solid advice cuz im a hardgainer and have started to learn how to eat and train right and have gained 16ibs over the past months
  5. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Why would a 'hardgainer' want to eat lean meat? Wouldn't he want the extra calories?
    Well extra calories are good Rugger, but its just better to eat leaner meat so your not getting any of the bad calories. The protein content is usually higher in the lean cuts, thought you would know that. If there still needing some extra calories they can get that from protein shakes. Hope that answered your question.
  6. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    good post solid advice cuz im a hardgainer and have started to learn how to eat and train right and have gained 16ibs over the past months
    Well 16 pounds is great your definately doing something right congrats buddy!
  7. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    i'd add dips to best tricep mass builders. other than that pretty solid.
  8. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i'd add dips to best tricep mass builders. other than that pretty solid.
    Your right that one I missed....edit time..lol Thanks man if you have anything else that would help feel free to share.
  9. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Your right that one I missed....edit time..lol Thanks man if you have anything else that would help feel free to share.
    nope, it looks good. i did my mass gaining post already. i put mine in the training forum along with an old/new pic.

    it feels nice making posts that help people once in awhile.
  10. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    nope, it looks good. i did my mass gaining post already. i put mine in the training forum along with an old/new pic.

    it feels nice making posts that help people once in awhile.
    Yeah it does feel good...I sometimes wish I had more knowlege to give, but maybe in time and with the use of this site I will.
  11. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Yeah it does feel good...I sometimes wish I had more knowlege to give, but maybe in time and with the use of this site I will.
    bro,you give solid advice!
  12. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    bro,you give solid advice!
    Thanks slick that means alot to me...you also always have something informative to say.
  13. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Thanks good posting here,reps
  14. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Thanks good posting here,reps
    Thanks buddy..If it only helps one person get closer to there goals then Im happy. Ill be adding other tips from time to time and try to keep this thread going.
  15. New Member
    steelhorse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    91

    Reputation

    thats some advice you giving out..have to copy and paste it on the fridge


  16. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1234

    Reputation

    Nice posting!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  17. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    squats and leg excercises boosts test levels by 83%!
  18. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhorse View Post
    thats some advice you giving out..have to copy and paste it on the fridge


    Actually I did same thing when I started bulking.lol
  19. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Nice posting!!
    Thanks man...will be adding more as needed.
  20. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Tips for Daily Eating

    1. Eat lean protein with every meal—Good proteins include chicken, lean beef and
    turkey, tuna and other fish, eggs (also has fat) and egg whites, and protein
    supplements.
    2. Eat unprocessed carbs—The bulk of your carb consumption should be in the
    form of quality, unprocessed, low glycemic carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes,
    rice, whole gain pastas, breads, and cereals.
    3. Eat fruits and vegetables EVERYDAY—Fruits and vegetables contain
    vitamins, minerals, and many nutrients vital for good overall health, wellness, and
    growth.
    4. Eat good fats with every meal (except post-workout)—Dietary fat is very
    important for proper body functioning and hormone production. Most people have
    an unbalanced view of dietary fat and therefore limit it. Good sources of fat
    include almonds and almond butter, peanuts and peanut butter, avocado, flax seed
    and olive oil, and eggs.
    5. Don’t eat until you feel like you are going to vomit—When trying to gain
    weight, some hard gainers eat to the point of vomiting. This is not healthy or
    necessary. Instead of eating HUGE meals, I recommend eating 6-7 decently-sized
    meals that make you feel full but not STUFFED and BLOATED.
    6. Cook meals in advance—Have food already cooked and ready to go when it is
    time to eat makes getting enough calories much easier and less of a burden.
    7. A macronutrient ratio for bulking is 50:30:20 carbsrotein:fats—One should
    always get 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, this is your primary
    objective. Above that, carbs and good fats will make up the bulk of your calories.
    If you are consuming 3,000 calories, this would equate to:
    a. Carbs = 375 grams
    b. Protein = 225 grams
    c. Fat = 67 grams
    8. Eat the bulk of your carbs around your workout—Weight lifting increases the
    body’s need for glucose, therefore it makes sense to eat carbs around your
    workout.
    9. If you aren’t gaining weight you need to increase your calories—While some
    people might be able to gain muscle on 3,000 calories, you may need to eat 4,000
    or even 5,000 calories a day in order to grow. It is important to monitor your
    weight and body fat% so you can tell whether or not you need to increase your
    caloric intake.
    10. A cheat meal here and there won’t kill you—If you eat 6 meals a day then that
    means you are eating 42 meals a week. Having one or two “off” meals will not
    kill you and can me psychologically refreshing. If you want to enjoy a meal out
    with your friends and family that is fine and encouraged.

    Now that you know how you should eat everyday, it is time to get into the stimulus for
    growth, the workout!



    Hard Gainer Weight Training Program


    In order to grow, you need to get STRONGER! The best way to accomplish this
    is with heavy compound lifts. At this point in your development, there really is no need to
    do isolation exercises as you need to build solid MASS. The primary exercises you want
    to stick to are:


    Chest
    o Bench Press (Flat, Incline, Decline)
    o DB Press (Flat, Incline, Decline)
    o Dips

    Back
    o Deadlift/Rack Deadlift
    o Bent Over Row/T-Bar Row
    o Pull-Ups/Lat-Pulldown

    • Shoulder
    o Military Press
    o Clean and Press
    o DB Side Laterals

    • Traps
    o Barbell Shrug
    o DB Shrug

    • Triceps
    o Close Grip Bench Press
    o Reverse Bench Press
    o Skull Crusher
    0 Dips

    • Biceps
    o Barbell Curl
    o DB Curl
    o Reverse Curl

    • Quads
    o Squats
    o Leg Press
    o Hack Squats

    • Hams
    o Stiff Leg Deadlift
    o Good Mornings
    o Leg Curls

    • Calves
    o Calf Raises (Seated and Standing)
    o Donkey Calf Raises
    o Leg Press Calf Raises



    1. Choose a weight that will allow you to get at least 4 reps, but no more than 8 reps.
    2. If you can get 8 reps with a given weight, then increase the load.
    3. Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    4. Exercises can be swapped from the list above for each given muscle group if desired.

    Putting Everything into Action


    Now that you have all this information it is time to put it into ACTION! I am
    going to list to potential meal schedules for a morning and evening lifter and exercise
    schedules.

    Meal Schedule
    Morning Lifter

    Meal 1- Solid Food
    Pre/Post Workout Shake
    Meal 2- Solid Food
    Meal 3- Power MRP
    Meal 4- Solid Food
    Meal 5- Power MRP
    Meal 6- Solid Food

    Evening Lifter
    Meal 1- Power MRP
    Meal 2- Solid Food
    Meal 3- Power MRP
    Meal 4- Solid Food
    Pre/Post Workout Shake
    Meal 5- Solid Food
    Meal 6- Solid Food

    Exercise Schedules

    Option 1

    Monday- Push A + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Tuesday- Pull A + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Wednesday- Off/Rest Day
    Thursday- Push B + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Friday- Pull B + 15-20 minutes Low-Intensity Cardio post-workout
    Saturday- Off/Rest Day
    Sunday- Off/Rest Day

    Option 2

    Monday- Push A
    Tuesday- Pull A
    Wednesday- HIIT
    Thursday- Push B
    Friday- Pull B
    Saturday- HIIT
    Sunday- Off/Rest Day
    *If you choose option 2 you should treat the HIIT as a weight training workout
    concerning workout nutrition, but cut the pre and post workout shakes’ macronutrient
    amounts in half.

    Daily Calories


    • Your starting caloric intake is 15 * your bodyweight + 500
    • If you weigh 160 lbs your starting caloric intake would be 2400 (160*15) + 500
    = 3100 calories.
    • Using the recommended ratio of 50:30:20 (carbsrotein:fat) you would consume
    o Carbs = 387 grams
    o Protein = 232 grams
    o Fat = 69 grams
    • More carbs should be eaten around your workout than at other times during the
    day.
    • Power MRPs can be used to meet your calorie requirements as outlined.
    • Pre and during shakes should be implemented as outlined.
    • I am not going to tell you to eat this many grams of protein and carbs in meal 1
    and this many in meal 2. Instead your main focus should be on hitting your
    targeted caloric intake and macronutrient amounts by choosing healthy foods
    from the “High Performance Nutrient Selection” below.

    — High Performance Food List


    High Performance Nutrient Selection
    Starches (equal to 1 serving of Carbohydrate)
    12-15 grams carbohydrate


    BREADS


    * Bagel - whole-wheat, oat-bran, 9-grain (3.5 inch) ½ or 42g
    * Bread - whole-wheat, oat-bran, 9-grain 1 slice or 32g
    * Ezekiel bread (sprouted grains NO FLOUR) 1 slice
    * Whole Wheat English muffin ½ or 33g
    * Whole Wheat Pita bread (6.5 inch in diameter) ½ or 32g
    * Whole Wheat Tortilla, 6 inches across 1 or 35g

    CEREALS & GRAINS
    * Barley (pearled) (dry) 1.25 tbsp or 15.6g
    * Kashi Medley 1/3 cup or 19.8g
    * Cream of Wheat regular or quick (dry) 1.5 tbsp or 16.7g
    * Granola, low-fat (Heartland brand) 2.5 tbsp or 16.5g
    * Grape-Nuts (Post brand) 2.5 tbsp or 16.5g
    * Honey ¾ tbsp or 15.8g
    * Millet (dry) 1.5 tbsp or 18.75g
    * Oat Bran (dry) 3.5 tbsp or 20.5g
    * Oatmeal (Quaker Instant/Old Fashion, dry) ¼ cup or 20g
    * Pasta, wheat (noodles, bowtie, shells etc), (cooked) 1/3 cup or 46g
    * Quinoa Grain (dry) 1.75 tbsp or 18.6g
    * Rice, brown long-grain (cooked) 1/3 cup or 64.35g
    * Rolled Oats ¼ cup or 20.25g
    * Steel Cut Oats, dry 1/8 cup or 20g

    STARCHY VEGETABLES

    * Baked potato (no skin) 63.8g or 2.25 oz
    * Baked Sweet potato (baked no skin) 56.7g or 2 oz
    * Yams (baked, no skin) 56.7g or 2 oz

    DRIED BEANS & LENTILS
    ALSO COUNTS AS 1 MEAT SERVING

    * Black Beans (S&W - canned) 106g or 3.75 oz
    * Red Kidney, Pinto Beans (Green Giant - canned) 85g or 3 oz

    Fruits (equal to 1 serving of Carbohydrate)
    12-15 grams carbohydrate

    * Apple, (with peel) 3.25 oz or 92g
    * Banana, (peeled) 2.25 oz or 64g
    * Blueberries (fresh) 3.5 oz or 99g
    * Grapefruit, (peeled) 6.5 oz or 184g
    * Grapes 3 oz or 85g
    * Mango (fresh) 3 oz or 85g
    * Orange, (peeled) 3.5 oz or 99g
    * Pineapple 4 oz or 113g
    * Peach (fresh) 4.55 oz or 127.5g
    * Pear (fresh) 3 oz or 85g
    * Papaya (fresh) 5 oz or 141.75g
    * Raisins (seedless) 2 tbsp or 18.5g
    * Strawberries (fresh) 6.5 oz or 184g
    * Watermelon (fresh) 5 oz or 141.75g

    Milk (equal to 1 serving of Protein & 1 serving Carbohydrate)
    12-15 grams carbohydrates
    6-8 grams protein
    MILK & VERY LOW-FAT MILK
    * Skim milk (0 grams fat) 1 cup or 8 Floz
    * 1% Milk 1 cup or 8 Floz
    * Plain non-fat yogurt ¾ cup or 6 oz
    * Yoplait/Dannon Light Fruit yogurt 6 oz (1 container)
    LOW-FAT MILK
    Also Counts as 1 Fat serving
    * 2 % milk 1 cup or 8 oz
    * Plain low-fat yogurt ¾ cup or 6.5 oz
    * Sweet acidophilus milk 1 cup
    WHOLE MILK
    Also Counts as 2 Fat servings
    * Whole milk 1 cup or 8 oz

    Vegetables (equal to 1 serving of Vegetables)
    4-6 grams carbohydrates
    • All servings sizes are based on (raw or steamed)
    * Asparagus 4 oz or 113 g
    * Broccoli 2.75oz or 78g or ½ cup
    * Cauliflower 2.75oz or 78g or ½ cup
    * Green Beans 2.2oz or 62.5g or ½ cup
    * Onions 53g or 1.86 oz or 1/3 cup
    * Spinach 125g or 4.4oz or 2/3 cup
    * Celery 120g or 4.25 oz or 1 cup
    * Cucumber 156g or 5.5 oz or 1/3 cup
    * Green onions 50g or 1.75 oz or ½ cup
    * Mushrooms 78g or 2.5 oz or ½ cup
    * Tomato 90g or 3.2 oz or ½ cup
    * Salad greens (lettuce, romaine) 165g or 5.2 oz or 3 cups
    Protein (equal to 1 serving of Meat)
    6-8 grams protein

    VERY LEAN MEAT (all measurements AFTER cooked)


    * Chicken breast (white meat) boneless/skinless 1 oz or 28.35g
    * Turkey breast (LEAN) 1 oz or 28.35g
    * Fresh fish (cod, haddock, halibut, tuna, tilapia) 1 oz or 28.35g
    * Shell fish (crab, lobster, shrimp) 1.25 oz or 35.5g
    * Egg whites 2 or 67g
    * Egg Beaters ¼ cup or 2.15 oz or 61g
    * Non-fat cottage cheese ¼ cup or 2 oz or 57 g
    * Salmon Fillet 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as ½ fat serving)
    * Lean Sirloin ¾ oz or 21.25g
    * Egg (including yolk) 1 or 50g (also counts as 1 fat serving)
    * Cheese 2% (Reduced Fat) 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as 1 fat serving)
    * Salmon 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as ½ fat serving)
    Fat (equal to 1 serving of Fat)
    5 grams fat

    MONOUNSATURATED FATS & POLYUNSATURATED FATS
    * Avocado 1 oz or 28.35g

    * Almonds (dry roasted) 1/3 oz (~ 6 pieces) or 1 tbsp or 8.6g
    * Benecol light 1 tbsp or 14g
    * Cashews 1/3 oz or 1 tbsp or 9.65g
    * Enova oil 1 Tsp or 4.5g
    * Flax oil 1 Tsp or 4.5g
    * Mayonnaise (Light, reduced-fat) 1 Tbsp or 15g
    * Oil (olive or canola, Enova) 1 tsp or 4.5g or 0.16 oz
    * Peanuts 1/3 oz or 9.36g
    * Peanut/Almond butter (smooth or crunchy) 2 tsp or 0.38 oz or 10.6g
    * Pecans ¼ oz or 1 tbsp or 7.44g
    * Salad dressing (Light, reduced-fat) 2 Tbsp or 30g
    * Sesame seeds 1Tbsp or 1/3 oz or 9.4g
    * Smart Balance Light spread 1 tbsp or 14g
    * Sunflower seeds 1Tbsp or 1/3 oz or 9.0g
    * Walnuts 1Tbsp or 1/4 oz or 7.5g

    FREE FOOD LIST

    Less than 20 calories per serving
    Less than 5 gram carbohydrates per serving
    Recommended at 1 serving per meal per day
    FAT FREE or REDUCED FAT
    * Cream cheese 1 Tbsp
    * Creamers, non-dairy liquid 1 Tbsp
    * Creamer, non-dairy powder 2 Tbsp
    * Mayonnaise, fat-free 1 Tbsp
    * Margarine, fat-free 4 Tbsp
    * Miracle Whip, non-fat 1 Tbsp
    * Salad dressing, fat-free 1 Tbsp
    * Sour cream, fat-free 2 Tbsp
    SUGAR FREE or LOW SUGAR
    * Hard candy, sugar free 1 piece
    * Gelatin dessert, sugar free 1
    * Gum, sugar free 1 piece
    * Jam or jelly. Low sugar or light 2 tsp
    * Syrup, sugar free 2 Tbsp
    DRINKS
    * Coffee
    * Club soda
    * Diet soft drinks, sugar free
    * Tea
    * Tonic water

    SUGAR SUBSTITUTES
    Equal (aspartame)
    Splenda (Sucralose)
    Sprinkle Sweet (saccharin)
    Sweet One (Acesulfame potassium)
    Sweet ‘n Low (saccharin)
    this is what every home should have on there fridge!..lol..
  21. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4769

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Well extra calories are good Rugger, but its just better to eat leaner meat so your not getting any of the bad calories. The protein content is usually higher in the lean cuts, thought you would know that. If there still needing some extra calories they can get that from protein shakes. Hope that answered your question.
    What bad calories though? I donno about steak cuts, but with ground beef the protein content is the same in different levels of leanness. I just don't like it when people tell others to avoid eating fat. It only further promotes the 'fat is bad' myth.
  22. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    What bad calories though? I donno about steak cuts, but with ground beef the protein content is the same in different levels of leanness. I just don't like it when people tell others to avoid eating fat. It only further promotes the 'fat is bad' myth.
    Dude do you ever give up, your trying to make points thats already been made.. No one said not to take in good fats (show me were thats posted)......Good fats are great like the kind you get from using olive oil instead of grease. I have no clue what your talKing about promoting ''FAT IS BAD MYTH''. If you actually take the time and read a lil more you'll see a section called MONOUNSATURATED FATS & POLYUNSATURATED FATS.. So how am I promoting this ''dont take fats in myth'' when I posted suggestions for good fats...
  23. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4769

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Dude do you ever give up, your trying to make points thats already been made.. No one said not to take in good fats (show me were thats posted)......Good fats are great like the kind you get from using olive oil instead of grease. I have no clue what your talKing about promoting ''FAT IS BAD MYTH''. LMAOAY
    That's why I was asking you which bad fat? Did you mean you don't like people eating animal fat?
  24. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Monounsaturated fat is believed to lower cholesterol and may assist in reducing heart disease. Like polyunsaturated fat it provides essential fatty acids for healthy skin and the development of body cells.

    Monounsaturated fat is also believed to offer protection against certain cancers, like breast cancer and colon cancer.

    Monounsaturated fats are typically high in Vitamin E, the anti-oxidant vitamin which is usually in short supply in many Western diets.

    Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, if not over-heated, provides a range of phyto-chemicals and phenols which help to boost immunity and maintain good health.

    Monounsaturated fat and weight loss
    From a calorie viewpoint, however, there is no difference between monounsaturated, polyunsaturated fat and saturated fat. Because ALL fats are high in calories
  25. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Hope this clears everything up. Thank you.
  26. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Monounsaturated fat is believed to lower cholesterol and may assist in reducing heart disease. Like polyunsaturated fat it provides essential fatty acids for healthy skin and the development of body cells.

    Monounsaturated fat is also believed to offer protection against certain cancers, like breast cancer and colon cancer.

    Monounsaturated fats are typically high in Vitamin E, the anti-oxidant vitamin which is usually in short supply in many Western diets.

    Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, if not over-heated, provides a range of phyto-chemicals and phenols which help to boost immunity and maintain good health.

    Monounsaturated fat and weight loss
    From a calorie viewpoint, however, there is no difference between monounsaturated, polyunsaturated fat and saturated fat. Because ALL fats are high in calories
    that is beautiful, now can we get back to the show! j.j pass the popcorn,rugger have you seen the remote?
  27. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4769

    Reputation

    I'm just trying to figure out why you don't think people should eat fatty, red meats? Mauro Di Pasquale has a plethora of information and data showing that red meat and it's saturated fat isn't unhealthy but healthy. He points out a long list of benefits that fatty red meat has. IIRC red meat and it's saturated fat also increases serum testosterone. Also, iirc again, the AMA recommends saturated fat.
  28. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,228
    Rep Power
    8349

    Reputation

    Something I'd like to add is consistency... Be consistent with your diet, lifting, and your sleep.

    For me, I've found I grow more when using what I would call a "3 stage routine" One week I'll do TUT lifts, next week I'll do a standard 8-10 or 10-12 routine, and one week I'll do a power scheme. Keeps your muscles guessing, and growing.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  29. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out why you don't think people should eat fatty, red meats? Mauro Di Pasquale has a plethora of information and data showing that red meat and it's saturated fat isn't unhealthy but healthy. He points out a long list of benefits that fatty red meat has. IIRC red meat and it's saturated fat also increases serum testosterone. Also, iirc again, the AMA recommends saturated fat.
    i heard that the coloring of the red meat(the die that makes it red) used to or still contain a cancer causing ingredient called sacchrin, and the rareness of red meat causes problems with digestion.especially.pork.!
  30. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I dont think there are many plants that use dye when processing their meat anymore, I havent seen it in years and when it was available I didnt purchase it. Meat should always be cooked till well done. Meat is one of the most nutrient dense foods there is, the fat should be discarded though, it screws up digestion.
  31. New Member
    landfill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    128

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out why you don't think people should eat fatty, red meats? Mauro Di Pasquale has a plethora of information and data showing that red meat and it's saturated fat isn't unhealthy but healthy. He points out a long list of benefits that fatty red meat has. IIRC red meat and it's saturated fat also increases serum testosterone. Also, iirc again, the AMA recommends saturated fat.

    I've read the same data.I don't think eating saturated fat from red meat a couple of times a week is going to harm you,on the contrary,if you're on a bulk and lifting heavy it will be benificial,helping to raise your natural test levels.But everything in moderation...
  32. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    Something I'd like to add is consistency... Be consistent with your diet, lifting, and your sleep.

    For me, I've found I grow more when using what I would call a "3 stage routine" One week I'll do TUT lifts, next week I'll do a standard 8-10 or 10-12 routine, and one week I'll do a power scheme. Keeps your muscles guessing, and growing.
    Great post bro! I'll add it to the original if you dont mind..
  33. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by landfill View Post
    I've read the same data.I don't think eating saturated fat from red meat a couple of times a week is going to harm you,on the contrary,if you're on a bulk and lifting heavy it will be benificial,helping to raise your natural test levels.But everything in moderation...
    There nothing wrong with eating meat, thats a great source of protein..And I eat it 3 time daily.I have no clue where he comes up with his stuff.
  34. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4769

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    There nothing wrong with eating meat, thats a great source of protein..And I eat it 3 time daily.I have no clue where he comes up with his stuff.
    Refer to the section "VERY LEAN MEAT" and then post #3
  35. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Rugger I appreciate your constructive criticism... Thanks
  36. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Rugger I appreciate your constructive criticism... Thanks
  37. New Member
    Phil413's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    71

    Reputation

    You can find the rest of the information from Scivation's website, then click books, and finally Bulking for Ectomorphs, where he took it all verbatum.
  38. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by landfill View Post
    I've read the same data.I don't think eating saturated fat from red meat a couple of times a week is going to harm you,on the contrary,if you're on a bulk and lifting heavy it will be benificial,helping to raise your natural test levels.But everything in moderation...
    Actually using these tips right now during bulk.
  39. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1176

    Reputation

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulking tips?
    By JComp in forum Bulking
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:35 PM
  2. BULKING TIPS!!!
    By CaponeCEO in forum Bulking
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
  3. TWO Bulking Tips
    By nattydisaster in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
  4. Bulking up tips!
    By lookatmybicep in forum Bulking
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
  5. Post Your Bulking Tips Here
    By RenegadeRows in forum Bulking
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in