need some help.

musclemark00

Awards
ok so i want to gain a few pounds for next football season and like everything ive been doing is not working.. ive been 5'5 125 for like 2 years now and im hating it. as of now this is my workout schedule.
DAY 1 CHEST/TRIS
CHEST: incline, decline, and flat bench press 3x10, 8, 6
Clap pushups 3x10 normal pushups 10x5
Dumbbell press 3x6, 8, 10
Flyes 3x6, 8, 10
TRICEPS: close handed push ups 3x10
Narrow grip bench press 3x10
Skull crushers 3x failure

DAY 2 BACK/BIS
BACK:
MID BACK-bent over barbell rows 3x10
Bent over one arms 3x10
Dumbbell row incline bench pull 3x10
LOWER BACK-dead lift 3x10 and superman 3x failure
BICEPS: hammer curls 3x10
Bicep curl 3x10
21’s

DAY 3 LEGS (QUADS, HAMMYS, CALVES)
QUADS-squats 3x10 LIGHT WEIGHT PERFECT FORM
Single leg squat 3x10 light weight
Step ups xfailure
HAMS-lying leg curls 3x10
Lunges 3x10
Seated leg curls 3x10
CALVES-calf raises 4x10
Single calf raises 4x10
Donkey calf raises 5x10

DAY 4 SHOULDERS (FRONT, REAR, SIDE)
SIDE- Arnolds 3x10 military press 3x10 shoulder press 3x10
DELTS-barbell rows 3x10 front over rows 3x10
TRAPS- barbell shrug 3x10 reverse 3x10 up right rows 3x5

and my diet consists of alot of different meats and junk food lol.

well anyways i just want to know what exercises i should do to get ready for football and i want to know what supplements you guys would recommend for me. i have this supplement called t-bomb 2 i was thinking about useing it but im not sure. and i also have cyto-gainer and some creatine. thanks.

geronimo542

geronimo542

Awards
all I can say is your best friend when trying to bulk is food its very important eat red meat or more fatty meats they are good. remember to eat where you wanna be interms of gaining mass not where you are just something to keep in mind. Also as far as exercises stick to 6-8 reps and try to focus more on compound exercises (bench press, squat, deadlift) these exercises will pack on the most amount of muscle the quickest also you can look into a 5x5 program that should get you started or atleast help you

Rah22491

Awards
Basically just eat and eat some more. do your best to clean up your diet and get good quality complex carbs like whole wheat stuff, sweet potatoes, and oats. Carbs are def gonna put on the size without em you wont grow. Still keep your protein high as well. As far as training goes compound lifts like squat bench military press, Barbell curls and bent over rows. Your rep range is good, also try pyramiding. Also do deadlifts, this is one of the most neglected compound exercises but has the ability to put size on everywhere

geronimo542

geronimo542

Awards
Basically just eat and eat some more. do your best to clean up your diet and get good quality complex carbs like whole wheat stuff, sweet potatoes, and oats. Carbs are def gonna put on the size without em you wont grow. Still keep your protein high as well. As far as training goes compound lifts like squat bench military press, Barbell curls and bent over rows. Your rep range is good, also try pyramiding. Also do deadlifts, this is one of the most neglected compound exercises but has the ability to put size on everywhere

yea i couldnt have really said much more than that so that should give you a good start

musclemark00

Awards
ok guys thanks for the help ill change my diet starting 2morrow. oh and i'll also tryout that 5x5 routine.

Last edited:
Fear

Fear

Awards
Hey there, a few tips you might want to consider.

First off, if your diet is right on track, then you might want to consider changing up your workout. Keep experimenting with different workout styles and see which is best for you.

If you have already been doing this, then you might want to take a week or two off the gym, that sometimes works as well.

As for specific training, make sure you work out proportionally (you need to work out every muscle for optimal full body growth) and try to focus on the big three - bench press, deadlifts, squats (not necessarily in that order - they are compound lifts which work many muscles together and release testosterone.

Also, make sure you are not overtraining yourself, for two reasons: One, you may be not giving your muscles enough rest to grow, and two, you're burning up too many much need calories.

Now, with the workout covered, let's talk about nutrition. You will get NOWHERE without proper nutrition, even if you train like a beast. Simply put, food is muscle. You need to eat well balanced meals (see other threads for that) with a good fat-carb-protein ratio throughout the day. The human body synthesizes protein fairly quickly, so you want to make sure you get a decent amount of protein (I would say between 10 to 20 of pure grams per meal, although I'm sure about 80% would say more. Speaking from experience) and eat as many meals as you can daily, optimally eating all the time. You can't just eat all your protein at once - you have to spread it out. Also, this will keep your metabolism running at a faster pace.

Overall, CONSUME MORE CALORIES THAN YOU BURN.

Also, you should be drinking plenty of water constantly.

Finally, get good solid sleep - at least 7-8 hours a night. As far as rest goes, you should try to get some days off the gym during the week, so your body can chill out for a while.

Although this is debatable, avoid drugs and alcohol. They might not be too bad for you but they definitely do not help.

If everything is followed strictly, you should put on some lean mass in no time. Good luck brother!

Rah22491

Awards
Fear is right rest days are important id say hit it 5 days a week and take 2 off. Your off days are when youre going to grow