Bulking for a solid Ectomorph with lactose intolerance ~~Discuss

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
:sick:

So I have an arch furnace of a metabolism..

I am also lactose intolerant so I can't eat a lot of the fatty foods that are easy to grab for bulking and I have to use expensive goat whey protein along with egg and soy, turkey, beef, chicken and a little fish.

My questions because I can not afford a nutritionst:
How do I find my true resting metabolic rate? (I can eat everything until I am sick all day long and not gain much weight, while lifting I will go up 5 and down 5 up 7 down 5 down 4 up 4 etc over and over. I almost can't afford to eat enough and eating is a chore. All of abs show except very bottom and I am extremely lean. 5;10 162 or 165 or so all muscle. It is so hard to gainw eight. I am planning this primo EQ cycle and I wish I could get some igf-1 but I am a certified trainer and athlete that has nothing to lose. I know all about having the diet perfect. Fitness is my life and I want to look like a statue. Anyone have this same situation as me with the ridiculous metabolism and lactose thing. ??

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established

I am also lactose intolerant so I can't eat a lot of the fatty foods that are easy to grab for bulking and I have to use expensive goat whey protein along with egg and soy, turkey, beef, chicken and a little fish.

How do I find my true resting metabolic rate? (I can eat everything until I am sick all day long and not gain much weight, while lifting I will go up 5 and down 5 up 7 down 5 down 4 up 4 etc over and over. I almost can't afford to eat enough and eating is a chore. All of abs show except very bottom and I am extremely lean. 5;10 162 or 165 or so all muscle. It is so hard to gainw eight. I am planning this primo EQ cycle and I wish I could get some igf-1 but I am a certified trainer and athlete that has nothing to lose. I know all about having the diet perfect. Fitness is my life and I want to look like a statue. Anyone have this same situation as me with the ridiculous metabolism and lactose thing. ??
i am lactose intolerant also.for me that means that milk is a no..no!however i do drink protien shakes by the bucket loads,instead of mixing it with milk i mix-it with water,never had the s#*ts! as a matter of fact it gives me regularity, going every day,as opose to 2-days or even longer!:cheers:

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established

There's many lactose free protein powders out there and like the bslick said, use water.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/search?query="lactose+free"

As far as the Primo EQ cycle, you really should look into it more before you jump off that bridge. Talk to guys in the AAS section because rule #1 is to always include test in your cycle and it's my understanding that you won't see significant results with Primo and EQ alone.

I would also look into DC training. If you want to put on mass, then you need to lift heavier and eat more. DC training might be the kick start you need on the lifting side, while you're figuring out your diet. I've been lifting weights for years and it's kicking my ass and I'm throwing up heavier weights then I ever have.

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
I know there are a lot of special expensive protein powders that are 0 lactose but the majority is whey concentrate and that will cause hell... I love ORYX Goat whey especailly because the scoops are small and your bdy absorbs it easier then regular whey and I use lactaid milk, you dont have to use water but the thing is being an ectomorph is not like any other body type. You can eat to bulk and lift to bulk ( I am CPT) I will get puffy go up a few lbs then my metabolism starts crankin it and if I dont keep up more then 3500 calories a day I lose weight... try working with that you meso/endomorphs :rasp:

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Bud i have almost the same situation as you do ectomorph with a hell of a metabolism i wish i could slow down, i eat about 3500 calories a day and hardly really gain weight up a few ibs then back down its really sad but over the past few months i have gained weight actually 11ibs and none in midsection so i dont got a big belly, its weird, but i eat alot of bad bulking stuff that you shouldnt like a alot of fast food and sweets i love that stuff, so thats all i can really recommend bud but ya protein in water will work just less calories man check it out, good luck on your cycle and gaining man and yes it is extremely expensive to feed people like us with how we put amounts of food to shame try like a costco buying in bulk maybe

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
Finally someone who kinda is in the same boat as me... It is not the most common thing but there are a lot of people out there with the problem and they think working out only gets them ripped because they don't understand it is just maintaining what they have and their metabolism speeds up with the more food you eat. I could eat everything in sight and I will just be going to the bathroom every hour, eat less it slows itself. my metabolism is fast and regulates awesome but it is not good for gaining muscle. Now I know how it works and I am ready to gain some muscle and keep it finally*

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Finally someone who kinda is in the same boat as me... It is not the most common thing but there are a lot of people out there with the problem and they think working out only gets them ripped because they don't understand it is just maintaining what they have and their metabolism speeds up with the more food you eat. I could eat everything in sight and I will just be going to the bathroom every hour, eat less it slows itself. my metabolism is fast and regulates awesome but it is not good for gaining muscle. Now I know how it works and I am ready to gain some muscle and keep it finally*
good for you,bro..!:wave:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

there's also pea, hemp, and egg protein you could use. basically, you just have to eat more often, not necessarily more food. if you're a true ecto, try doing something like this
Breakfast - 4 eggs, bowl of granola in soy/rice mik
snack - 1 scoop peanut butter
snack - 1/2 a protein bar
lunch - turkey sandwich on rye/whole wheat
snack - 1 apple
snack - other 1/2 of protein bar
dinner - chicken breast with brown rice
bedtime snack - 8 oz steak, veggies, no carbs

pre workout use 25g protein, 50g WMS
post workout use 25g protein, 75g WMS

you might just be eating huge meals, which is counterproductive to the process. hopefully that puts you on the right track.

also, do compound lifts in every workout, at least two. do them first, then do your other stuff.

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
I know this is good advice because the diet plan you gave me looks a lot like the oe I have here in front of me that I put together using a lot of eggs and oats as well. Thanks for that diet. it looks great. I will defiantely give that a shot. I might eat more carbs along with it though. I've studied sports training and large muscle groups and know just how to move to get the horomones pumping. I do 5 min hard cardio warm up, self myofascial release, stretch, lunges to balance while squeezing glutes, squats for two minutes then whatever upper body and I do that a lot.. It seems to get the heart rate up and get an awesome pump going instantly. My shoulders shred out and I get all tan vs. my usual paleness haha It definately works though. Gotta use the hips and do overhead press to compress the spine and release our favoritte horomone mr. T:clean:

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Dude... Steak and potatoes!!!

The diet above is extremly lean.. When bulking i eat like 5000-6000 callories a day..
I would really like to see an average day of food...

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE IS LACTOSE FREE!!!! make sure theres no sugar.

Species nutrition is by far the best ive had.

cycto gainer, 2 scoops with 3/4-1 scoop of species nutrition isolyze add oatmeal , and add some oil in there or peanut butter, and its a nice bulking shake.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
You said in your last thread that you were a model...

Which leads me to believe you want to bulk but your scared to put on a little BF in the process because you will lose some definition...

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
DUde I can't stress enough how much I eat junk and fatty foods and everything I can. Fat is not part of my life. it doesnt happen.... :rasp:

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Yeahbut fatty foods arnt going to get you "stacked" Its protien and complex carbs... Eat a big steak and two sweet potatoes every night and tell me you dont start gaining weight....

The diet above stated a scoop of penut buter as a snack??
A snack to me is a can of chicken,... But thats why i weigh close to 215... I eat a jar of peanut butter a week...

Start counting your calories I guerantee your no where close to 6k...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Yeahbut fatty foods arnt going to get you "stacked" Its protien and complex carbs... Eat a big steak and two sweet potatoes every night and tell me you dont start gaining weight....

A snack to me is a can of chicken,... But thats why i weigh close to 215... I eat a jar of peanut butter a week...

same here bro peanut butter,or a hand load of peanuts a day!..you will be runn'in with the big doggs!..woof!..WOOF!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

i'd disagree with this. monounsaturated fats are very important to the bodybuilding process, not including its benefits for your heart, and lowering your LDL levels.

in addition, its not only how much you eat, its the timing of your meals. staying in an anabolic state requires you to eat every 2-3 hours, and while you may need more food for that at 215, i doubt someone who is 165 shares your dietary needs.

On to mono fats:

A stronger heart: Penn State researchers found that 22 people who ate diets high in monounsaturated fat and low in saturated fat saw their LDL-cholesterol counts and triglycerides (both big factors in heart attacks) drop by 14 percent and 13 percent, respectively, after about three weeks.

Bigger muscles: Research has shown that men who eat more monounsaturated fat have higher testosterone levels, although researchers don’t yet know why. The more natural testosterone you produce, the more easily you’ll gain muscle.

"Gram for gram, a high-monounsaturated-fat diet provides more energy than the extra carbohydrates you’re eating on a low-fat diet," says Peter Horvath, a physical therapy professor and the lead author of the study. "And more energy means better performance."

from : Bodybuilding.com - David Robson - Good And Bad Fats: How Do We Balance Their Intake For Optimal Health!
Although it has been proven as medical fact that dietary fat can have a deleterious impact on health and body composition, what is not often distinguished is the role certain fats can play in fighting disease, promoting good health and establishing ideal body composition (an important aspect of building a well proportioned, healthy looking physique).

you do realize that there's a very respected member on this forum that leaned out and put on more muscle just by adding more mono fat to his diet? in addition, fats will not block your growth hormone response, as carbs will. also, by this claim, you're refuting the anabolic diet as garbage.

eggplant21

eggplant21

Awards
Dude that sucks. I know I get like 1200 of my daily cals from milk, bulking would be sad without it... Anywho, In your pic you look to have the same bodytype as me. I have to eat at least 5500 cals right now not to lose weight, though i do weigh a bit more than you. You get ripped to hell easily, but muscle doesn't like to accumulate. First, make sure you are eating 2 grams of protein per pound. So say, 330 g's. Second, eat as much red meat and CARBS (ecto's need to eat carbs, lots of them. Like Big Dogg said, "Steak and potatoes"). Lastly, like badfish suggested, look into dc training. I'm not saying you should definitely do it, but check out some threads on DC training.

thauncle

thauncle

Banned
Awards

i have the same issue with milk, just buy latose free milk when you have to drink milk.try eatting every 2 hours but don't eat till your full just try to hit 500 cals per meal.try eatting a total of 6 times a day.get a good weight gainer and do 2 shakes a day.take it easy on running.lift heavy weights fewer reps.according to your height and weight try hitting around 3100 cals per day.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
i'd disagree with this. monounsaturated fats are very important to the bodybuilding process, not including its benefits for your heart, and lowering your LDL levels.

in addition, its not only how much you eat, its the timing of your meals. staying in an anabolic state requires you to eat every 2-3 hours, and while you may need more food for that at 215, i doubt someone who is 165 shares your dietary needs.

On to mono fats:

A stronger heart: Penn State researchers found that 22 people who ate diets high in monounsaturated fat and low in saturated fat saw their LDL-cholesterol counts and triglycerides (both big factors in heart attacks) drop by 14 percent and 13 percent, respectively, after about three weeks.

Bigger muscles: Research has shown that men who eat more monounsaturated fat have higher testosterone levels, although researchers don’t yet know why. The more natural testosterone you produce, the more easily you’ll gain muscle.

"Gram for gram, a high-monounsaturated-fat diet provides more energy than the extra carbohydrates you’re eating on a low-fat diet," says Peter Horvath, a physical therapy professor and the lead author of the study. "And more energy means better performance."

from : Bodybuilding.com - David Robson - Good And Bad Fats: How Do We Balance Their Intake For Optimal Health!
Although it has been proven as medical fact that dietary fat can have a deleterious impact on health and body composition, what is not often distinguished is the role certain fats can play in fighting disease, promoting good health and establishing ideal body composition (an important aspect of building a well proportioned, healthy looking physique).

you do realize that there's a very respected member on this forum that leaned out and put on more muscle just by adding more mono fat to his diet? in addition, fats will not block your growth hormone response, as carbs will. also, by this claim, you're refuting the anabolic diet as garbage.
I know fats are important but if your not getting the results with the system your using then obviously you need to switch things up... When attempting to bulk carbs are your FRIENDS!!! Fats are great when your not burning them as energy because you dont have enough carbs to fuel you through the day...

Being an ecto Is even more of a reason to eat more... It has less potential to stack on as fat...

But dont listen to me.. weigh 160 your whole life i dont care..

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
HEy Relax. I am taking in all this information and making a type of list of things you guys have told me witha laid out plan which I will reply to this thread with. Sound good? Also I have a script for finasteride and want to get the best deal I can on the least quality I need to buy to just use it to keep my hair from fallin out more... I have a legit script and have never ordered anything online to get a better deal but I know you can get online pharmacy deals that everyone talks about and I have no idea what one is even worth wastin my time with etc anyone have any idea?:wave:

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
Oh and as for shakes with no milk... A good buddy of mine that compeats turned me on to ussing egg beaters as the liquid to mix your shakes... Its super thick and needs to be blended lightly to get the right consistancy but its another way to add in the calories....

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I know fats are important but if your not getting the results with the system your using then obviously you need to switch things up... When attempting to bulk carbs are your FRIENDS!!! Fats are great when your not burning them as energy because you dont have enough carbs to fuel you through the day...

Being an ecto Is even more of a reason to eat more... It has less potential to stack on as fat...

But dont listen to me.. weigh 160 your whole life i dont care..

very true. usually mono fats are a good way to switch things up, which was really my point. i thought you were discounting the use of mono fats in a bodybuilders diet. KRmass, can you post your normal diet for us, or what you'd take in on any given day? also maybe one of your back workouts.

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
A good diet day... and when I say good I mean almost enough food*
4 eggs, english muffin, jelly, 2 glasses of o.j. cup of coffee with sugar, lick of honey, some sort of meat (a couple slices or bacon) maybe a granola bar, multivitamin and water

chicken breast or two with rice or potatoes, some veggies, and a snack

Protein shake + some sort of superpump or caffeine (espresso) and a bunch of water

workout water water water

another big meal with meat, a couple slices of bread, lettuce, tomato, snack, some extra carbs

snacks

Another meal that has meat and carbs

snacks

last meal with meat and carbs

and snacks

My back workouts are different all the time. it depends on how much I have been working upper traps or working hamstrings. Sometimes a workout will include these:
warmup with pullups,
heavy lat pulldown while keeping perfect form,
seated close grip long pull (retracting shoulderblades)
bent rows with dumbells or with bar underhand grip, sometimes T bar rows, if I do heavy shrugs I dont do hamstrings and lower back. if I do lower back I do dead lifts, squats, clean press, stiff leg deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, wide stance split squats, heavy lunges and multi planar lunge and variations then do deep core work using transverse abdominals to gain stability in the hips, foam roll and stretch everything... hang on bar and twist and crack my back the whole time keeping nice and loose... pullups in between with wide grip, neutral grip... I do shrugs seated if I want to demolish my traps, dumbells close at hand, lift off floor, shrug, drop.. I am very warey of proper posture and keep my shoulders abck for everything. I have noticed an awesome increase in muscle seperation, less injury and irritation in shoulders, stronger more definaed chest, Posture is the way to go* I am telling you I hit everything in different ways all the time~~:wave:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
A good diet day... and when I say good I mean almost enough food*
4 eggs, english muffin, jelly, 2 glasses of o.j. cup of coffee with sugar, lick of honey, some sort of meat (a couple slices or bacon) maybe a granola bar, multivitamin and water

chicken breast or two with rice or potatoes, some veggies, and a snack

Protein shake + some sort of superpump or caffeine (espresso) and a bunch of water

workout water water water

another big meal with meat, a couple slices of bread, lettuce, tomato, snack, some extra carbs

snacks

Another meal that has meat and carbs

snacks

last meal with meat and carbs

and snacks

My back workouts are different all the time. it depends on how much I have been working upper traps or working hamstrings. Sometimes a workout will include these:
warmup with pullups,
heavy lat pulldown while keeping perfect form,
seated close grip long pull (retracting shoulderblades)
bent rows with dumbells or with bar underhand grip, sometimes T bar rows, if I do heavy shrugs I dont do hamstrings and lower back. if I do lower back I do dead lifts, squats, clean press, stiff leg deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, wide stance split squats, heavy lunges and multi planar lunge and variations then do deep core work using transverse abdominals to gain stability in the hips, foam roll and stretch everything... hang on bar and twist and crack my back the whole time keeping nice and loose... pullups in between with wide grip, neutral grip... I do shrugs seated if I want to demolish my traps, dumbells close at hand, lift off floor, shrug, drop.. I am very warey of proper posture and keep my shoulders abck for everything. I have noticed an awesome increase in muscle seperation, less injury and irritation in shoulders, stronger more definaed chest, Posture is the way to go* I am telling you I hit everything in different ways all the time~~:wave:
okay. your workouts look decent then, since you're incorporating pull ups and deads. as far as diet, the only things i'd change is add the mono fats, if you're eating white rice, switch it out for brown, and as BD said sweet potatos are better for you, so ditch the potato for a sweet potato. also add a post workout shake with carbs and protein, though i'm sure you just forgot to post it. you can also try adding some carbs to your pre workout shake - not sure what superpump has in it other than creatine.

last meal of the day should not have carbs, as it will blunt your GH response. sub this for healthy fats if possible. you're eating the right amount of meals and snacks, so my only suggestions are to switch the carbs for slower digesting ones, and to increase the calories in your meals by adding mono fats. your diet honestly doesn't look bad. if you really need to add more calories, consider non dairy creamer since you're lactose intolerant. thats all i got, and i hope it helps. also you can try cooking most of your meat in olive oil.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
a meel with meet and carbs???? How is that suppose to give us any idea of what your actually eating??? Mcdonalds cheeseburgers have meet and carbs... a hot pocket has meet and carbs....

If you want us to be able to really give you sopme productive feed back you will beed to be specific...

Like for dinner tonight i had
6 eggs
4 slices of ham(25g protien) and cheese
and a shake with three scoops of whey and one scoop of waxy maize starch....

that is the kind of detail we need...

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
Suncloud knows what I mean and f.y.i. I only eat the best natural brown rice. 15 minute is the quickest there was for the good stuff. I will definately get the sweet potatoes now I love sweet potatoes! I will get somthing more solid together and gather my ingredients and post*

Question* What do you mean by mono fats (I know monounsaturated but what foods...) specifically. I do have a lot of nutrition information but It is a LOT and I know some stuff If I have somthing to look for through my food lists and things like that I can read up on what you are talking about in my materials_ most likely** So let me know what you mean*:wave:

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
You could always just buy lactose enzymes from a vitamin store...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Question* What do you mean by mono fats (I know monounsaturated but what foods...) specifically. I do have a lot of nutrition information but It is a LOT and I know some stuff If I have somthing to look for through my food lists and things like that I can read up on what you are talking about in my materials_ most likely** So let me know what you mean*:wave:
good sources for mono fats : olive oil, peanut butter, avacados, nuts, salmon off the top of my head.

most of the following post doesn't apply to you, given what i've read so far, but something that might help : http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

krmass25

krmass25

Awards
good post suncloud. I am going to read through that nutrition post real well:cheers:

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i am lactose intolerant also.for me that means that milk is a no..no!however i do drink protien shakes by the bucket loads,instead of mixing it with milk i mix-it with water,never had the s#*ts! as a matter of fact it gives me regularity, going every day,as opose to 2-days or even longer!:cheers:
drink latrid milk