Need Advice

Atoms1981

Awards
Hello I'm a noob and I'm 6'3 255 about 18% bf taking pure creatine just started to take ads proboline lol didnt speel that right and a daily v along with some ads lean protein i wana get solid and add about 15 lbs of muscle, i hust goy done trying mhp t-bomb 2 and it really didnt seem to do anything so I'm trying the ads last night was the first dose slong with ads lean protien 2 5mg of pure creatine.... is this gonna work or do anything for what i want ? should i take the ads or return and add that to otherstuff i was looking at bsn or muscle tech but i dunno what do you guys think

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
muscletech sucks. they really do. bsn is ok, but expensive given the other products out there that work better. get some IGF-2 , or Powerfull . anything that raises Growth Hormone levels will put on muscle and burn fat at the same time, though muscle gains will not be huge.

i''d be tempted to recommend the TNT stack, but its out of stock right now.

what does your workout and diet look like?

Atoms1981

Awards
I start out every workout with a mile run or half mile sprint to get my heart pumping then i'll do tri;s and bi's or legs or chest or back... i have a pretty good diet eat honey nut cherrioes and or low fat oat meal for be fast, usually low fat turkey /tuna sandwhich for lunch.. kashi go lean cookies for snacks and dinner i eat subway double turkey no chesee most of the time healthy o cheat on the weekends though

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I start out every workout with a mile run or half mile sprint to get my heart pumping run in the morning, before you've eaten. then i'll do tri;s and bi's or legs or chest or back... i have a pretty good diet eat honey nut cherrioes and or low fat oat meal for be fast, add eggs, usually low fat turkey /tuna sandwhich for lunch.. kashi go lean cookies for snacks and dinner i eat subway double turkey no chesee make your own with quality turkey, no mayo most of the time healthy o cheat on the weekends though cheat once per week only
try doing : Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version (courtesy of neoborn)

you also need to add some natural peanut butter into your diet, as well as a pre and post workout protein shake. i'm guessing that you're missing out on major compound movements, which are crucial to building muscle, and the 5x5 is a good place to start. as soon as you loose some body fat, you'll notice an increase in your strength. also, you didn't list what you drank - stay away from soda, and drink water. hope that steers you in the right direction.

Atoms1981

Awards
Thanks for the good info i'll let you know how it works

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest sticking to basics more then anything. Your diet def isnt in check with what you listed. Up your protein because it will ultimately be necessary to rebuild muscle and burn fat. Dont go crazy with supplements. Here is what I would suggest for them.

Creatine Monohydrate (cheap and effective)
Met RX Whey, or similar (cheap and effective)
Then eventually try a Nitric Oxide booster (some people get good strength)

And once your routine and your diet are in check and you have a good head start on losing some of the fat and building muscle (youll be able to tell the fine balance you want) then you can experiment with some other supps that you should research on your own here.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Here are some other foods to add/consider into your diet.

Natural peanut butter (as mentioned)
Brown Rice
Vegetables GREENS!!! Necessary DAILY
Fruit (lots of it)
Oats (low fat granola, dry oats in your proteins shakes)
Raisins/Grape Juice (antioxidents)
Nuts (unsalted)
Lean meats
Pasta
Whole Milk....huge
etc etc etc...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I start out every workout with a mile run or half mile sprint to get my heart pumping then i'll do tri;s and bi's or legs or chest or back... i have a pretty good diet eat honey nut cherrioes and or low fat oat meal for be fast, usually low fat turkey /tuna sandwhich for lunch.. kashi go lean cookies for snacks and dinner i eat subway double turkey no chesee most of the time healthy o cheat on the weekends though
Yeah, that is not a good diet. Running at the beginning of a workout is only gonna leave you weaker for lifting - go in fresh, with only a couple of warmup sets.

Suncloud is giving you good advice and that 5x5 is top notch. Don't touch muscletech or ANY bodybuilding magazine, they do not contain pertinent information for someone in your situation.

Doing just "tri's and bi's" as you say certainly isn't going to help you lose fat, nor is singling out any one bodypart per workout the most efficient way to lose BF%. Go with the 5x5 you were given.

Drop the processed foods - I'm sorry but no cookie, even if it's made by Kashi, is good for you. Nor are Honey Nut Cheerios a great breakfast choice. Increase your protein and fat intake - healthy fat is your friend, it promotes the release of Testosterone and other beneficial hormones, and protein you need just help you recover and grow.

Also, please use punctuation. It just helps. :)

Suncloud - Good Advice. :clap2:

Edit: Capone, your dietary suggestions are right on!

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Great advice being given here!

First and formost is your diet, If you want to throw on good muscle this is where you want to start.
Calorie excess for bulking up and throwing on muscle!
say 500 or so over you BMR to start.

Now keep in mind healthy fat is just that healthy! Your body needs and wants it!
Protein plenty of it, start aiming for 1g per body lb.
Try to get most of it from the food you eat vice just drinking shakes.
Carbs, Lay off the simple sugars and candy (even cookies)
Look at the carb GI list in the Health section of this fourm.

Workout:
I highly suggest you pick a program to work with.
5X5 is great muscle builder!
GVT is another I personally like.

As you progress with these programs you can expand on them as you like adding in other exercises or changing reps and sets.

All this is not easy mind you but I can tell you if you are willing to go taht extra bit you WILL see results!

Atoms1981

Awards
So I need to eat a bunch of healthy food to gain the muscle, my BF% is 18-19% I'm on the EAS lean mass protien builder how any of these shakes should i drink a day? There is 60 grams of protien in one drink, and 0 fat and 0 sugar...I wana get cut, i pretty much have all the mass i need thats why I'm asking so eat a bunch of food how many calories a day? Thanks a lot to every one for the help and great advice!:thumbsup:

Atoms1981

Awards
What has good fat (healthy fat ) besides the peanut butter and lean meat?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For fat loss, muscle-building diets, check the weight-loss forum and read up on the "CKD", or google "carb cycling codex", "gameover diet .pdf", "T-dawg 2.0", or search for the "Anabolic Diet" here on AM. Lotsa options, pick one and run with it.

Healthy Fats:
Fish Oil and Fatty Fish
Avocado and Avocado Oil
Nuts
Coconut and Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Organic Butter
Organic Whole Yogurt
Natty PB
Flax Seeds
Sure there's more I'm forgetting atm...