avarage amount of cereal for breckfast
protien shack at 11
dinner can of tuna a snadwitch and fruit
protien at 2
avarage size tea mince chicken spageti sort of things
on gym days protien after workout
egg whites and protien b4 bed

been stuck at 156 lbs for few month now where am i going wrong
and idears or do i just need to over eat?

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
eat everything in site and have a min of 6 meals a day .. i would say eat every 2 hours !

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best way to sneak cals into your diet without knowing it is have food handy... ALWAYS!
As I sit here at my desk, I have a bag of pistachios, almonds and biscotti on my left. I just left my mind wander and I like to nibble, and boom there go like 50 pistachios, seriously lol.

Another great way is to add in some fats, I'm a big fan of unrefined coconut oil. Take a tbsp pre-bed and you'll know why I like it (I feel it helped boost my T levels and energy). You want fat before bed because that's what your body uses while it sleeps, and it will slow down the protein digestion.

Bottom lime is you need to eat more; your body is at homeostasis right now if you're maintaining weight. Your expenditure=Intake. Try adding about 750 cals/day to your diet, and you will see the weight come on. There's lots more threads in the bulking section.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
If you need help eating, smoke some herb! :burger:

But some calorie dense snacks throughout the day help. If you're just not hungry or fill up easy. Peanut butter, cheese sticks, yogurt, almonds, cashews, etc. All relatively small, but nutrient dense. Doesn't take much of them to get in your extra 500-700 cals.

Don't be afraid to eat a little dirty to. A little pizza or pasta here or there is good for the soul. :)

Also, add weight to your workouts. You never said if you're making gains? Throw an extra 5lbs on an exercise every other workout. Push yourself.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Probably the easiest way for you to increase your calorific intake without actually changing what you're eating would be to switch your protein shakes for weight gainers, preferably home made.

Check the recipes forum, there's plenty to choose from, but put simply you'll want something like, Protien powder, oats, natty peanut butter.

TheBenMan

Awards
Eat Eat Eat

My advice would be to first start with the standard 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Then avarge 3 nice size meals with a snack in between each. Before bed go with a slow acting protein like Casein (either a shake or a cup or more of cottage cheese).

An example of my diet, and others can feel free to critique me as well is as follows.

Waking (around 6 am): Protein shake and a quick acting carb
Between 8:30 and 9:15: a couple hard boiled eggs
10:00-10:30 (this is also my preworkout snack) yogurt sometimes add almonds.
11:00 workout for an hour to an hour and a half
12:00-12:30 protein shake
1:00-1:30 lunch usually a lean cuisine or something
3:30-4:00 tuna or salmon or chicken
6:30 dinner I try to keep this meal as rounded as possible, meat+carb+veggie
If I'm hungry later I'll eat some cottage cheese arouond 9 or so
10:00-11:00 bed time

This is what I've been doing for about the last couple months it's been working, seen gains all around in size and strength. Any suggestions let me know

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
The following protocol is amazing. It was developed by Dr. John Berardi - AKA reasonably-jacked nutrition expert

Massive Eating

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I love linking to his articles. It's motivation to eat more. Actually today my appetite has been off the hook, 10x10's deadlifts + HIIT sprints will do that too you, even without the TNT stack.
Uhh, yeah! 10x10 of deadlifts. Goood gracious.

here's you ====> :dl: x100

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ya man just eat everything in site and youll gain

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
My advice would be to first start with the standard 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Then avarge 3 nice size meals with a snack in between each. Before bed go with a slow acting protein like Casein (either a shake or a cup or more of cottage cheese).

An example of my diet, and others can feel free to critique me as well is as follows.

Waking (around 6 am): Protein shake and a quick acting carb
Between 8:30 and 9:15: a couple hard boiled eggs
10:00-10:30 (this is also my preworkout snack) yogurt sometimes add almonds.
11:00 workout for an hour to an hour and a half
12:00-12:30 protein shake
1:00-1:30 lunch usually a lean cuisine or something
3:30-4:00 tuna or salmon or chicken
6:30 dinner I try to keep this meal as rounded as possible, meat+carb+veggie
If I'm hungry later I'll eat some cottage cheese arouond 9 or so
10:00-11:00 bed time

This is what I've been doing for about the last couple months it's been working, seen gains all around in size and strength. Any suggestions let me know
I love this tip..any time you eat yogurt you should be adding in 3-4 massive tablespoons of cottage cheese. Blend it together and it all tastes like the yogurt, plus some great long lasting proteins. I eat 2 of these a day on top of everything else.

lightweight57

Awards
lol someone said to smoke herb lol that would also boost estrogen levels dont think u wanna do that

Perfection300

Perfection300

Awards
your bulking diet is less food then I eat cutting...Big Time.

Cereal for breakfast? Boy it some eggs... and like 6 of them atleast.

Here's what I 'bulk' from personally lol.

Baked potatoes with ranch and swiss cheese..Pizza...Chocolate milk...Fast food...

Just eat bigger meals!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
your bulking diet is less food then I eat cutting...Big Time.

Cereal for breakfast? Boy it some eggs... and like 6 of them atleast.

Here's what I 'bulk' from personally lol.

Baked potatoes with ranch and swiss cheese..Pizza...Chocolate milk...Fast food...

Just eat bigger meals!
154lbs vs. 272lbs

Maybe thats why he eats less?:head:

EDIT: I love your bulking diet. haha

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
not a myth there are studies done on it, but it TEMPORARILY increase LH, but then that returns to normal and estro rises
If you smoke some mary jane every now and then. You'll be fine.

THE FACTS

There is no evidence that marijuana impairs male reproductive functioning.

The Jamaican and Costa Rican field studies detected no differences in hormone levels between marijuana users and non-users.
In epidemiological surveys of marijuana users, no problems with fertility have emerged as important.

In 1974, researchers reported diminished testosterone, reduced sexual function and abnormal sperm cells in males identified as chronic marijuana users. 34 In a laboratory study, the same researchers reported an acute decrease in testosterone, but no chronic effect after nine weeks of smoking; they did not evaluate sperm volume or quality. 35 In other laboratory studies, researchers have been generally unable to replicate these findings, 36 although by administering very high THC doses - up to 20 cigarettes per day for 30 days - one study found a slight decrease in sperm concentrations. 37 In all studies, test results remained within normal ranges and probably would not have affected actual fertility.

Severe adverse consequences have also been produced in male laboratory animals, although only with extremely high daily THC doses. 38

More importantly, in both the human and animal laboratory studies, all observed changes were reversed once THC administration was halted.

The following protocol is amazing. It was developed by Dr. John Berardi - AKA reasonably-jacked nutrition expert

Massive Eating
Fantastic read.

Perfection300

Perfection300

Awards
Telling him to smoke pot is the most retarded fing thing I have heard!

LOL I hope you all are kidding.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Telling him to smoke pot is the most retarded fing thing I have heard!

LOL I hope you all are kidding.
I wasn't telling him to smoke pot. I'm an ex-pot head. Weight lifting and pot don't really mix. I was just replying to crazyfool saying it lowers test. Sorry to get off topic.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you smoke some mary jane every now and then. You'll be fine.

THE FACTS

There is no evidence that marijuana impairs male reproductive functioning.

The Jamaican and Costa Rican field studies detected no differences in hormone levels between marijuana users and non-users.
In epidemiological surveys of marijuana users, no problems with fertility have emerged as important.

In 1974, researchers reported diminished testosterone, reduced sexual function and abnormal sperm cells in males identified as chronic marijuana users. 34 In a laboratory study, the same researchers reported an acute decrease in testosterone, but no chronic effect after nine weeks of smoking; they did not evaluate sperm volume or quality. 35 In other laboratory studies, researchers have been generally unable to replicate these findings, 36 although by administering very high THC doses - up to 20 cigarettes per day for 30 days - one study found a slight decrease in sperm concentrations. 37 In all studies, test results remained within normal ranges and probably would not have affected actual fertility.

Severe adverse consequences have also been produced in male laboratory animals, although only with extremely high daily THC doses. 38

More importantly, in both the human and animal laboratory studies, all observed changes were reversed once THC administration was halted.

Fantastic read.

Acute effects of smoking marijuana on hormones, subjective effects and performance in male human subjects.
Cone EJ, Johnson RE, Moore JD, Roache JD.

Four healthy male subjects smoked two marijuana cigarettes or one marijuana cigarette and one placebo cigarette, or two placebo cigarettes on separate days in a random order crossover design. Each marijuana cigarette contained 2.8% delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Plasma hormones and THC were measured before and after each smoking session. Plasma LH was significantly depressed and cortisol was significantly elevated after smoking marijuana. Nonsignificant depressions of prolactin, FSH, testosterone and free testosterone and elevation of GH also occurred. Concurrent measures of subjective effects via subscales of the Addiction Research Center Inventory, Single Dose Questionnaire and a Visual Analog Scale were generally elevated. Significant impairment on a psychomotor performance task paralleled elevations in subjective effects, hormone effects and peak THC determinations. Although all the hormone effects were within normal basal ranges, interactions between these systems, and their effects on behavior cannot be discounted.

Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals

Kazuhito Watanabea, Corresponding Author Contact Information, E-mail The Corresponding Author, Erina Motoyaa, Naoki Matsuzawaa, Tatsuya Funahashia, Toshiyuki Kimuraa, Tamihide Matsunagab, Koji Arizonoc and Ikuo Yamamotod
aDepartment of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan bDivision of Pharmacy, Shinshu University Hospital, 3-1-1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390-8621, Japan cLaboratory of Toxicological Science, Faculty of Environmental and Symbiotic Sciences, Prefectural University of Kumamoto, 3-1-100 Tsukide, Kumamoto 862-8502, Japan dSchool of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University of Health and Welfare, 1714-1 Yoshino-cho, Nobeoka 882-8508, Japan

Received 21 July 2004;
revised 1 August 2004;
accepted 11 August 2004.
Available online 16 September 2004.

Purchase the full-text article

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Abstract

The progesterone 17α-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activitiy with relatively higher concentration (100–1000 μM). Testosterone 6β- and 16α-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids. Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 μg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01–1000 nM. These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.

Effects of delta 9-THC and castration on behavior and plasma hormone levels in male mice.
Dalterio SL, Mayfield DL, Michael SD, Macmillan BT, Bartke A.

Gonadectomy resulted in a rapid increase in plasma luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) levels, but had no consistent effects on plasma prolactin (PRL) and growth hormone (GH) levels. In castrated males, oral administration of THC (50 mg/kg) significantly increased plasma LH levels within hours following surgery and again from 3 to several weeks post-castration, while THC treatment decreased LH levels between 1 day and 2 weeks postcastration. Administration of THC to 12-hour sham castrates significantly increased plasma LH levels. Plasma FSH, PRL and GH levels were either reduced or unchanged by THC. Administration of THC significantly reduced levels of gonadotropins, PRL and GH in intact males. In additional studies, we examined the influence of THC on the negative feedback response of the anterior pituitary to gonadal steroids. In testosterone propionate (TP)-treated castrated males, concomitant administration of THC increased plasma testosterone (T) and LH at 20 min, while plasma FSH levels were elevated after 60 min. In contrast, in intact TP-treated mice, concomitant THC exposure reduced plasma T levels except at 60 min, when plasma LH levels were significantly increased. Testosterone replacement failed to restore copulatory behavior in castrated mice given a single dose (50 mg/kg) of THC. In fact, acute THC administration to these TP-treated castrates resulted in marked sedation, which was not observed in intact mice given the same dose of THC in an earlier study. The present findings indicate that the effects of acute THC treatment on pituitary gonadotropin release is dependent upon the time after castration. Furthermore, THC administration can suppress copulatory behavior even in animals whose peripheral T levels have been maintained. Effects of THC on plasma androgen levels in animals injected with TP suggest that THC can alter the metabolism or target tissue response to gonadal steroids.

Perfection300

Perfection300

Awards
I wasn't telling him to smoke pot. I'm an ex-pot head. Weight lifting and pot don't really mix. I was just replying to crazyfool saying it lowers test. Sorry to get off topic.

lol gotcha!

Just skimmed through and didn't want him to think we all smoke pot and are big. :)

lightweight57

Awards
i never said it reduces testrone levels all i said it promotes estrogen dont know if its true tho some ppl say its a myth me perosnally i know various ppl in the gym wit gyno ands when they use theyyr nipple increases in size can u xplain this

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
i never said it reduces testrone levels all i said it promotes estrogen dont know if its true tho some ppl say its a myth me perosnally i know various ppl in the gym wit gyno ands when they use theyyr nipple increases in size can u xplain this
id say by taking juice... not smoking sum trees !

and smokin sum bud i think is def a good thing in weight lifting .. take a look at Arnold in pumping iron hes was lighting em up with a whole **** load of bodybuilders

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
id say by taking juice not smoking sum trees !

and smokin sum bud i think is def a good thing in weight lifting .. take a look at Arnold in pumping iron hes was lighting em up with a whole **** load of bodybuilders
Pretty much what it comes down to is like everything else. Moderation.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Bud helps me focus and it helps me eat. Eating helps me grow. I mean everything tastes good! Even plain baked chicken breasts! I om nom that ****

It's definitely not for everyone. But bud is a staple supplement for me :)

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
Bud helps me focus and it helps me eat. Eating helps me grow. I mean everything tastes good! Even plain baked chicken breasts! I om nom that ****

It's definitely not for everyone. But bud is a staple supplement for me :)
SAME HERE ! :dance:

supplychain

Awards
body zise

i wanted 2 know if u r 52k but your not sure if u r skinny catigory couse i really did not eat much i missed breakfest walked long distances missed lunch had a small dinner slept late smoked like a chain but that was a month ago now i eat 5 meals a day train 3 times week for 2 hour and started well getting mass on any was my Q how do find out what body tybe i am lol

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just make sure you eat every 2-3 hours keep protein very high carbs moderate and alot of good fats. Also drink you a casein protien shake before bed nightly and when you wake up eat a fast digesting carb such as a banana with oatmeal to stop the muscle catobalism thats occuring while you sleep. Other than that EAT my brutha!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
i wanted 2 know if u r 52k but your not sure if u r skinny catigory couse i really did not eat much i missed breakfest walked long distances missed lunch had a small dinner slept late smoked like a chain but that was a month ago now i eat 5 meals a day train 3 times week for 2 hour and started well getting mass on any was my Q how do find out what body tybe i am lol
Typing with quotation would also be very helpful.

Training for 2 hours also seems a bit much.