workout leggs improves testatrone

lightweight57

Awards
i heard if u work leggs out u gain a testrone boost becuase of a gland in ur leggs is this true and if it is how many times should i be working this muscle out

ur advice will be helpfull

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I think it is more of the squats that increase free testosterone by 40% (not too sure about the %). Pull ups and bench presses do the same as well, but not of a bigger percentage.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Gotta love the close grip pull up! Always start off with them if i'm doing arms. Done 1x8 then 5x5 at the gym today. Squeezing like hell at the top, crazy pumps! :afro:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any resistance movement will have some hormonal response if sufficient stimulation occurs - test, GH, endorphins, all kinds of fun crap. The more muscle recruited, the greater the stimulus, the greater the hormonal response.

Therefore, compound movements that use a lot of muscle are best - that is why squats, beads, bench, pullups, cleans, snatches, push-presses, dips, good-mornings, etc. are better for gaining muscle than curls, leg extensions, pec-deck, or any of the other fine-tuning isolation movements that are the only things people do in my gym. :(

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Resolve hit the nail in the head here.

Load up the squat bar and after you warm up do one good heavy set. You will easily see why this is one of the prime building lift. Compound movements tend to stress your body in the most ways at once. The reaction to this is to become stronger and prepare itself for futher beating. In turn this increases the things every weightlifter is looking for!

lightweight57

Awards
yea i would do squats but i heard it stunts ur growth and should u leave 3 days rest on ur leggs or just do them once a week..

one quick question..... how to i define ur teardrop on ur legg is there anything i can do to improve this

tahnk u

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMG...

JUST SQUAT!

It will not stunt your growth, you weigh 135 - defining the "teardrop" is not something to worry about yet. Bringing the teardrop into existence, along with every other leg muscle, is what should be concerning you.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"u gain a testrone boost becuase of a gland in ur leggs"

My glands are just above my legs..not sure about you though.

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Well you don't state your age but these are cautions that have been floating around forever. Truth is more then likely you will be fine. I know that is not much to base it off of but when you look around at all the people that have done this before how many would tell you it stunted their growth?
Muscle wise it will make you GROW :)

I normally have one leg day a week. It is a very taxing day and does give some time for the upper body to recover. You could split it up into two lighter leg days but keep in mind you may not feel like running after a heavy leg day so depending on your cardio you could do one heavy leg day then a day off and be fine to run the next day.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
front squats is the most effective way to train the teardrop. also wtf is testatrone?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
there's no gland in your leg dude. testosterone is released no matter what muscle you work, but the bigger muscles release more.

squats, when you break parallel, uses your glutes, which are by far the biggest muscle in the body. once you get above parallel, they involve your quads, your second biggest muscle. hence why more testosterone is released from squats than any other exercise. the next two exercises, in order are deadlifts and bench press.

even bicep curls can raise testosterone, but i doubt it would raise it by more than 1/2 a percent.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
yeah compound movements/exercise's= manjuice intensifier

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
there's no gland in your leg dude. testosterone is released no matter what muscle you work, but the bigger muscles release more.

squats, when you break parallel, uses your glutes, which are by far the biggest muscle in the body. once you get above parallel, they involve your quads, your second biggest muscle. hence why more testosterone is released from squats than any other exercise. the next two, in order are deadlifts and bench press.

even bicep curls can raise testosterone, but i doubt it would raise it by more than 1/2 a percent.
I think he meant his nuts bro.

lightweight57

Awards
thanks for the feed back i appreciate it:clap2:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Good thread, I love learning about this and plan to do many changes to everything.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just as an aside, the very minor, acute increases in Testosterone that are associated with resistance training are not enough to expedite protein synthesis, glycogen storage, or any other mechanism associated with striated muscle development - at least in my humble opinion. Beneficial physiological (emotional, psychological and so on) effects from Testosterone are derived from chronic administration; that being said, acute increases from compound movements and/or supplementation may temporarily increase training intensity, thereby having an additive effect on results.

They (compound movements, including Squats) should be done for fiber recruitment and CNS stimulation, not for any possible endocrinogical effect

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree that test increases in and of themselves are insufficient to have any effect. However, It is my understanding that it is the cumulative effect of all the hormones released through major compound movements, in addition of course to motor unit recruitment and cns stimulation, that makes them superior for gaining muscle.
It's not the test by itself, but it's synergy with everything else.

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
There's no special glands or anything. It's just that full depth Squats place such a great amount of stress and demand on the body to grow that it responds with an increase in testosterone. Similarly, other compound lifts like Deads and Clean & Press will, to a smaller degree, influence testosterone positively.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I may be wrong but from what I see anything you can do on a daily basis to tip nitrogen balance further into the positives, is beneficial. In addition to this to add stress to your muscles to get them to grow. Boom musklez!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that test increases in and of themselves are insufficient to have any effect. However, It is my understanding that it is the cumulative effect of all the hormones released through major compound movements, in addition of course to motor unit recruitment and cns stimulation, that makes them superior for gaining muscle.
It's not the test by itself, but it's synergy with everything else.
Definitely possible, but I would still disagree on the Hormone front! Studies show the utmost of acute increases in major hormones in response to weightlifting; aside from that the Diurnal rhythms of our Hormones are also somewhat minute, and most biosynthesis occurs Nocturnally. If one wishes to manipulate their natural hormone rhythms for the sake of weight training, it is wisest to train at 3 AM!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, weightlifting causes acute increases in hormones, like you said, so I'm not quite sure what we disagree on. Was that a typo and you meant that weightlifting does not cause acute increases? Or that those acute up-regulations are insufficient to have any substantial effect on protein synthesis?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Yes, weightlifting causes acute increases in hormones, like you said, so I'm not quite sure what we disagree on. Was that a typo and you meant that weightlifting does not cause acute increases? Or that those acute up-regulations are insufficient to have any substantial effect on protein synthesis?
I believe what he's saying is not matter what the increase its still to small to make a major difference.

I myself have noticed major alpha male feeling and libido / test boost the day / 2 days after doing hardcore squats, not sure how that ties in with the science of it all.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well testosterone release is largely mental and environmental as well, but that is really off subject...

Again, from what I understand (which is not everything, so I could easily be wrong, I'm just trying to understand) acute testosterone release following intense workouts is not so much the important part. Rather, it is the ensuing lactic acid, gaba, endorphin, GH, Insulin, amino acid, and test fluctuations that occur over the following twenty-four hours or so that cumulate to increased synthesis. Yes, a vast majority occurs while sleeping, as that is when GH is expressed most, but there must be endocrinological cascades that precede and lead up to that expression, right?

indianakelso

Awards
I think it helps, on saturdays i go in do 1 set of squats, deadlift, and bench press. Then go do minor lifts on things i think i need to improve on like calves, forearms, and traps. Not been doing it long but i feel like it has helped.

BulkHogan

Awards
i think it just a compound exercise that works more muscles so you see more response in relation to the muscles worked.