Mmamonster19

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Here's our discussion via pm: Some one help this kid out

Well ill let you know if it stays that way im going on 2 weeks not goin to the gym just to see what happens. So today will be my first day back and ill continue to lift every other day as i usually do. But ne way what are some recommendations you have to gaining more size, based off any supplements or good workouts. gaining size is simply something i really want badly i can gain strength no problem just no size. I eat like 2200 calories a day i used to eat about 1000.
And you said you knew how to diet properly.....

You should be eating 3200 calories a day at minimum with 320 grams protein, 320 grams carbs and 71 grams of healthy fats.

Now get to planning. I suggest making an excel spread sheet with every food you eat and all of the nutritional information.
3200 calories? i only weigh 160 thats a sh*t load of calories man

Okay now I really know you don't have any idea what you're doing. LOL and you want to do steroids. tsk tsk

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Yes, It is a "sh*tload of calories," and he's going to have to eat it or he'll never gain. I imagine at his metabolism his maintenance is around 2,700 to 2,800 calories. He's taking in a fraction of his body's caloric needs and he wonders why he cant put size on? No amount of steroids in the world will help without the "materials" needed to actually "build" the muscle.

EAT TO GROW!

Simply adding some EFAs would help with half of that goal

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
the funny thing is with a proper cycle your diet goes up based on that you're putting muscle on unnaturally fast. how in the heck could he get up to the 3500 calories he'll need to properly cycle a methyl? thats irony.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I've straightened him out VIA pm. Hopefully he'll post in here with his new found knowledge.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, and thank you rugger, im today starting to eat more going for 2700+ which is more than i usually do consume (2200 calories). And thanks to new information from rugger there are no "plateaus" and its apparently cause i dont eat enough. Anyway if anyone needs information on me to help me and give advice just ask ill post whatever is needed to help me gain some size

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyones metabolism is different, and using an equation doesn't work for the majority. Working with bobo at one time it was interesting to find my maintenance calories at 210 pounds was 2600. There are to many factors in this to say exactly what he needs. Taking steroids isn't it obviously as rugger said. But you have to look at his daily life, his training, what food he is eating... taking in caffine? everything like that.

Adams

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, and thank you rugger, im today starting to eat more going for 2700+ which is more than i usually do consume (2200 calories). And thanks to new information from rugger there are no "plateaus" and its apparently cause i dont eat enough. Anyway if anyone needs information on me to help me and give advice just ask ill post whatever is needed to help me gain some size
You still wont gain much, if anything at 2700 calories. Get up to 3300.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
You still wont gain much, if anything at 2700 calories. Get up to 3300.
I agree, I plugged a variety of activity parameters and still find your maintenance between 2700 and 2800. You need to be eating 3200+ IMO to see any substantial gains.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
there are plateus and there always will be. usually you can fix them with diet and switching up your routine. i usually like to say that stress, smoking, and sleeping can also be issues.

the biggest problem you will run into is this: it is easier to put on muscle the smaller you are. you don't want to cycle things for many reasons, one being your age. the other is you can cycle up to 180 pounds, but then the gains will get harder and harder as your frame gets more and more filled. so what do you then do? you rely on something other than yourself to get where you want to be. if you get to 180 naturally, you'll not only have your diet in perfect place to maintain, but you can use a cycle to break you out of a rut, and put on the last few pounds your body will let you. additionally, if your diet is off, you won't be able to maintain the weight you get up to, and you'll loose everything, and spend the next two months anxiously awaiting the next month you can cycle, only to loose it again.

it is impossible to maintain gains in PCT without two things: diet and intensity. gain naturally and these concepts will become second nature.

string cheese ever hour you're not eating a meal will help you gain - cholesterol is required to put on muscle. so is mono fat, so natural peanut butter can also do this. if you figure, you eat 5 meals a day, and are up for 16 hours, thats 11 other small things you can add that will increase your daily calories by 1000. it will also keep you anabolic all day long. and you won't even see it affect your appetite.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Alright thanks again for all your advice. cause yes my metbolism is ridiculous i eat so much every hour than im hungry again in like 45mins it suxs man. so is it better to buy like casein protein so it relesases slower than regular protein im not buying anything, if i do yet just curious as to factors that could help me i took a weight gainer gained like 5lbs then once i ran out i lost the weight back to normal weight again so im looking for help advice better workout routine and eating all the above to get there

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Alright thanks again for all your advice. cause yes my metbolism is ridiculous i eat so much every hour than im hungry again in like 45mins it suxs man. so is it better to buy like casein protein so it relesases slower than regular protein im not buying anything, if i do yet just curious as to factors that could help me i took a weight gainer gained like 5lbs then once i ran out i lost the weight back to normal weight again so im looking for help advice better workout routine and eating all the above to get there
Dude I started at 5'10, 125 lbs soaking wet. I know about fast metabolism. I eat about 7 times a day :D

You're going to find it hard to maintain your size if you put a lot of mass on. I've been over 200 and I can NOT maintain worth a crap. I can, however, easily maintain the 170-180 range and I prefer the "look" of that size.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
me too 126 at 5'9".

what worked for me was what i stated in my last post. in addition, because i'm an ecto my body doesn't care where the calories come from, so i added three cups of 1/2 and 1/2 to my breakfast. i don't advise that unless you're an ecto as well - its a recipe for getting fat if you're not an ecto.

i think for you that nutrient timing is very important. and yes, you should supplement with protein. i do a weight gainers shake - carbs and protein, and add a scoop of protein to it pre and post workout. i try to get around 150g of carbs and 50g protein pre and post, since they're pretty important as far as timing goes.

casein i do not recommend. it will keep you fuller longer. while a good idea before bedtime, a terrible idea if you need to eat more during the day. stick with anything else.

in addition, ditch the isolation exercises - they define, and enhance the pump, not add mass. vague writeup that may help : http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html . there's a lot of things in there that may relate to you, and a list of very good mass building compound movements. PM me if there's any way i can help.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Learn to do:

Squats
Deadlifts
Bench press
Barbell row
Overhead press
dips
pull ups
chin ups

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Alright thanks for the article read it and good advice throughout the article.
And i can do all those lifts as well as i would do iso exercises and get a good pump but then like 45 mins later my muscles just went back to their normal size so ill have to pick up some better exercises and more carbs after my workout after reading your article

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if you don't feel it the next day, you're not using enough weight. if you can do 4 sets of 10, you need to up the weight - remember that you can also do weighted pull ups, chins, and dips. personally my triceps won't feel it the next day unless i weight the crap out of my dips. if you still can't feel it, you need to take a week off (you've overtrained somewhere in there).

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Everyones metabolism is different, and using an equation doesn't work for the majority. Working with bobo at one time it was interesting to find my maintenance calories at 210 pounds was 2600. There are to many factors in this to say exactly what he needs. Taking steroids isn't it obviously as rugger said. But you have to look at his daily life, his training, what food he is eating... taking in caffine? everything like that.

Adams
This is the truth right here. Everyone overestimates calories... you need to find out what his daily expedenture is, and work from there. Simply "MORE CALORIES" is rediculous. More calories does not equal additional muscle gain, it means additional weight gain. You will only put on so much muscle in a given time period. The additional calories will be "weight", but surely, not muscle. It's brutally simple.. there is no shortcuts. Eating an additional 2K a day is not going to ignite some spontaneous transformation of muscle. What are your goals? Muscle gain, or weight gain?

If your are into MMA, gauge your PERFORMANCE. Bodybuilders are concerned with the scale number. Eat right, and you're performance will increase. That should be your goal. After that, everything else falls in place.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
My goal is muscle gain mainly gaining size

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Just from reading this...

I noticed you said " yes my metbolism is ridiculous i eat so much every hour than im hungry again in like 45mins it suxs man"

I doubt you are eating alot if your calories are at 2200. First off, diet is key. You need to get as much of your macros in from whole foods as possible. then you supplement the rest with whey protein, casein protein, ect.

Stick to your compound excercises. I think i have a good article for you...beginners guide

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the article did help me learn a few things

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Ive been looking at getting some protein/weight gainer and creatine and wanted to know if there are any kinds anyone can suggest that are good and can help me bulk??

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
dont bother with a store bought weight gainer just make your own with peanut butter, oats, milk, whey. as for creatines just look into something like neovar recomped...creatine mono with a couple other goodies. the basics nothing fancy

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take it from your SN that you fight right. Well let me tell you from one fighter to another your maintenance is going to unusally high especially on grappling days or sparring days. You need a food calculator really. My maintenance can Vary HUGELY from a live sparring day and a technique day or an off day.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ok that makes sense i just hope i still out eat myself and get big

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just want to say good on ya for sticking around and listening. You'll do well by what these guys can pass down to you.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to everyones help, i was at 160ish and now weigh 173 in about a 55 days ish something like that have gained muscle size plus weight a tiny amount of fat cuz i love sweets its a crime i know, but im extremely happy for what i have going on with me and my workouts and eating properly and better, its just really awesome to actually see the difference your body and muscles make just by eating!!! so thank you all any questions id be glad to answer!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Good job man! It is really hard to gain muscle without gaining any fat, so don't be discouraged by some fat gain. Keep up the progress.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hell yeah good on ya bro

S

satyricon

Awards
eat your spinach! no really,eat, eat,eat. i was a skinny bastard too. you gotta eat more than what you are able to, sleep as much as possible,and find ways to rid your self of stress and nervous energy. look into the 20 rep squat/gallon of milk routine.you may gain some fat but it will come right off if you do some jumprope or running after you finish the six week program.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
what is the 20 rep squat/gallon milk 6 week thing hes talking about??

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
I have a question about the macros i do not understand can anyone explain them to me when they say 40/40/20 or however is that based off of meals or entire day take?? i eat around 3500 cals a day and am curious as to what my macro is or should be?

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ok thank you, also wondering what are good exercises to help define the outer lower pec (area when you rest your arms next to your chest where your bis hit the side of your chest that area). Also exercises to build more peaks on traps. Once again any advice and help is greatly appreciated
WEIGHING 182 NOW BABY!!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ok thank you, also wondering what are good exercises to help define the outer lower pec (area when you rest your arms next to your chest where your bis hit the side of your chest that area). Also exercises to build more peaks on traps. Once again any advice and help is greatly appreciated
WEIGHING 182 NOW BABY!!!
decline bench, although i believe it is pointless almost. Just hit Incline hard and blow up your upper chest. that will result in good shape of your lower pecs. for the traps hit up shrugs hard. as well as some rows

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Alright thank you, and another question is when tryn to get big is it better to do 4-6 reps per exercise or 8-10 per exercise i just average around 8 and ive been reading its better to just hit it heavy and hard with 4-6 reps?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lower rep ranges are better for strength gains, where 8-12 is better for mass.

i would pick a weight you can do 6 reps with, and next workout try for 7,8, etc. once you get to 10-12 reps, add a 2.5 plate and start at 6 reps. that way you're constantly progressing.

S

satyricon

Awards
the 20 rep squat program is basically take a weight you can do 10 reps with and force out 20,taking 3 or more breaths between reps without putting the bar down.it works but you have to adjust it a little at least i did. just google 20 rep squats

S

satyricon

Awards
the 20rep squat routine works well in winter.if you looking to stay lean year round dont bother. you drink a min gallon of whole milk a day so youre gonna put on some baby fat but like i said it will come right off if you do it right.read up on super squats,complete keys to progress,brawn etc. all good books. this routine has been bulking guys up since the 40s or 50s and still works well today....go figure. if you stick with it you'll need to go buy new pants and shirts.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas, and another question not related to this topic but have found very lil on it in the exercise section but if anyone can help thatd be awesome.

Tryn to work more lower pecs more doing more decline, but im tryn to hit the outside edge of my lower pec where your bis would rest again your chest when standing still. Any good exercises to recommend id appreciate thanks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
with dumbells or wide grip on the barbell.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
alrite thank u, and whats a normal bulk cycle last like 2 or 3months?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
alrite thank u, and whats a normal bulk cycle last like 2 or 3months?

That depends on how much your trying to gain. I usually pick a goal then design my cycle around that. I am always conservative too. So if you get there early your happy and not disappointed.

BTW what weight are you trying to fight at? that depends alot on how much mass you want to put on? You got to factor in how much your going to have to cut also. You don't want to put on so much that you have to cut muscle to make weight.

M

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
i started at 162 and now am at 182 tryn to make 185. but what i really want is to be 185ibs ripped and huge ya kno, so im just finishing bulking up tryn to be lean mass