Jjohn's way to the stage!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Allright fellas!

It is that time of the year where you have to become "super cereal" about competition. The one I am aiming is in November this year.

Michael Elias is my trainer, has been for quite awhile actually, and I really cannot wait to get up on that stage and shine!

The bulk will continue on until June 1st, and then I will start to trim off that stubborn fat. Diet will be 99% clean. Hopefully 100% :) I will post in here my progress etc.. so you guys can follow up!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck JJohn, What show you trying for?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Thats all that matter man, Rock and Roll dude best of luck.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definately good luck bro!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys and Crader :) This will be a long journey, and I really hope I will get on top of the mountain!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
March 26th

Feeling/mood:

I am feeling a little tired, but the sun shows up, and nice temperature is coming!

Training:

Training is going really well, I am pretty sore right now and makes me happy!

Diet:

I am ready to achieve the perfection this time! Diet is 100% on point!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
good luck bro. i am really interested in the competition scene. as of right now i am still just trying to get bigger...but i am looking forward to it eventually

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
good luck bro. i am really interested in the competition scene. as of right now i am still just trying to get bigger...but i am looking forward to it eventually
It really is something let me tell you. Proves you that will power can have a lot of effects on yourself.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
It really is something let me tell you. Proves you that will power can have a lot of effects on yourself.
yeah ill probably wait till i get out to college though...i think my parents would just say im going over the top, because they already think i am. but i def have that in my future plans.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
yeah ill probably wait till i get out to college though...i think my parents would just say im going over the top, because they already think i am. but i def have that in my future plans.
Good idea. My parents are not really fans of this either, but I think they'll support you whatever you do!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
March 29th

Feeling/mood:

I'm top shape now!! Exams in 4 weeks, I hope it'll go well!

Training:

Training is really fun. I'm just running around since my new training starts monday. I'm lifting with my weak parts.

Diet:

Diet is really good. Nothing to say!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
March 31th

Feeling/mood:

Just got my new training which will be on until June 1st. Then it'll be time to get ripped!!!

Training:

I can't wait to get started on this thing|

Diet:

Diet is brand new! That kickks the motivation a notch!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your back is coming along very well!! Thats half the battle there.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
April 17th

Feeling/mood:

My new training is really awesome! I am a lot leaner (I don't see it, but others do, so I got the approval of my results)

Training:

Excellent. I am getting the most out of my workouts every single one.

Diet:

Diet is really cool. I eat like a pig, and seem to recomp!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
April 29th

Just an update here to keep everyone informed. Training is going perfectly. I finished my 3 years college! What a relief!

I am looking leaner and will start to cut June 1st, in 1 month precisely. This should be a nice ride!!!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Natty?
What weight will you be trying to come in at? ....you know....the important things.

I was going to push for a august show non-sanctioned but it would screw up timing for me and my plans for the ironman in december....yea thats right.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Natty?
What weight will you be trying to come in at? ....you know....the important things.

I was going to push for a august show non-sanctioned but it would screw up timing for me and my plans for the ironman in december....yea thats right.
I will try to show up at 175-180. I'm 208 right now. But I am still in the junior class, so weight doesn't count in this class.

Ironman! Whoa. You're a freak lol

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I will try to show up at 175-180. I'm 208 right now. But I am still in the junior class, so weight doesn't count in this class.

Ironman! Whoa. You're a freak lol

No im def undersized for it right now. Doin some thing to see where i end up at show time, im thinking i may not do it and shoot for a different show next april and come in massive.I really got this itch to get onstage though.

EDIT: 5'10" ~185lbs. Once i get a decent tan im goin to take pics. Since im bulking thought they wont be very impressive.

PS: GOODLUCK!!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
No im def undersized for it right now. Doin some thing to see where i end up at show time, im thinking i may not do it and shoot for a different show next april and come in massive.I really got this itch to get onstage though.

lol Exactly my prob.. a few areas i need to fix...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
lol Exactly my prob.. a few areas i need to fix...

yea like that made camel toe youre rockin!? dang homie! haha

EDIT: JJohn, you should get thismoved or reopen one in the prepsection, i think its right above this one. I think it makes a bit more sense. I may open one there soon too. I htink we could really get it popping in there if we start our logs there....hit me up if you do.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
yea like that made camel toe youre rockin!? dang homie! haha

EDIT: JJohn, you should get thismoved or reopen one in the prepsection, i think its right above this one. I think it makes a bit more sense. I may open one there soon too. I htink we could really get it popping in there if we start our logs there....hit me up if you do.
Allright I'll PM bobo :)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
sweet man. Its here. Ill open mine up soon.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
MAY 12th

Allright here we go with an update on myself. Training has been really good, I am at 210 right now. I look leaner, harder, and I can't wait to discover what's under there! Cut starts June 1st, until Nov. 1st, so a good 5 months of dieting and lots of cardio should yield to very good results.

Oh I gotta say that leg workouts are brutal for me. Depending on how I feel, I can kill them big time. And yesterday was so bad that I completed my leg training, changed, headed to see my dad, helped him around the house for bout an hour, and we had to go get some hardwood floor, so I sit in the truck, head to the store, and as soon as I step outside the truck, BAM! CRAMPS in my quads (vastus medialis for the ones who want the precise muscle) and not just one! Both! Ouch. Took about 15 minutes to go away, and this same scenario happened another 3 times during the day. As I am writing, they're still stiff lol. No that's what I call a brutal leg workout.

Aside from all this.. What else? Hmmm. I released a lot of stress and fatigue when I finished my collage 2 weeks ago, so my mood is a lot better now, and I'm ready to hit the iron!

I'm starting X Factor soon as well!!!

Also, I will get pictures on "Before" and "After". Should be really cool!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats Jjohn! keep up the good-work. Pics are good.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
subscribe me please. thanks.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Looking good! Can't wait to see where you end up.
I should end up on the stage I think.. LOL..

But seriously, I would be really happy weighting at 175 or more.

I will post pics June 1st to do the "Before the cut" phase.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Allright time for some updates!!

Michael is a little late and I don't have my cutting plan yet, but I reduced my portion sizes since yesterday and I should get the new training this week. I will push higher rep ranges and I lowered my carb intake by 25%.

Pics coming up tonight!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
cool.

EDIT- For pre-contest workouts, i may try what phil heath mentioned in his interview from Flexonline. Its posted here in the Pro section. He mentions something like 8-10 reps about 80% 1RM, for about 7 sets or something. I have to look more into it.

Make sure youre practicing posing, itll make or break you. And it'll help keep the muscles "sharp"

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
cool.

EDIT- For pre-contest workouts, i may try what phil heath mentioned in his interview from Flexonline. Its posted here in the Pro section. He mentions something like 8-10 reps about 80% 1RM, for about 7 sets or something. I have to look more into it.

Make sure youre practicing posing, itll make or break you. And it'll help keep the muscles "sharp"
Yeah, Michael Elias takes care of my precontest stuff.

I pose a lot as soon as I wake up. So this is not an issue.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Here are some pics.. The quality is poor, but this is the best I could do.