Rash after shaving chest

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any secret that I don't know about to shaving your chest without getting those little red bumps all over your chest ?? It's always the same chest looks great the first day I shave it, then the next day I get these bumps looks almost like acne it lasts for about 3 or 4 days it looks like crap. Does anyone know anyway around this ???

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any secret that I don't know about to shaving your chest without getting those little red bumps all over your chest ?? It's always the same chest looks great the first day I shave it, then the next day I get these bumps looks almost like acne it lasts for about 3 or 4 days it looks like crap. Does anyone know anyway around this ???
Well an old stripper friend gave me a tip for just that problem with your johnson. She told me to after done, use one of those cheap deodorant sticks, and rub that **** on there. Will keep that from happening.

Worked like a charm for me. But your mileage may vary.

Adams

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well an old stripper friend gave me a tip for just that problem with your johnson. She told me to after done, use one of those cheap deodorant sticks, and rub that **** on there. Will keep that from happening.

Adams
Seriously ?? because I'll give it a try if your not joking.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously ?? because I'll give it a try if your not joking.
Dead serious man. She had to be smooth with no roughage at all... and that was what she did. And worked for me. Alovera also works somewhat.

Adams

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Adams
So right after I'm done shaving I rub the deoderant all over the chest and let it sit there for how long??

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
in other words, moisturize your skin after shaving.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The cheap white kind... not like the gels or anything. Bez... I figure deoderant would dry a bit, not moisturize?

How long? I dont mean like slather it on... jsut a quick coat, and go about your business.

Adams

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
light coat of lotion worked for me. i could be wrong but i assumed the bumps were from skin that was too dry.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
light coat of lotion worked for me. i could be wrong but i assumed the bumps were from skin that was too dry.
Yeah.. it really depends on what caused it I guess.. dull razor, and got razor burn... In grown hairs, or dry skin.

Alo Vera will take care of dryness, and razor burn... and I believe the cheap speedstick is for in grown hairs... so trying one of those each time, and see which one works for you.

Adams

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
I shower clean then take a cloth and rub rubbing alcohol over shaved areas and then rub on aloe vera gel problem solved.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Yeah.. it really depends on what caused it I guess.. dull razor, and got razor burn... In grown hairs, or dry skin.

Alo Vera will take care of dryness, and razor burn... and I believe the cheap speedstick is for in grown hairs... so trying one of those each time, and see which one works for you.

Adams
i know how ubi prefers me to moisturize his chest. not a fan of it but i do what i can to help the poor lad.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
a liberal Peanut butter slathering and a bathtub full of puppies. You can tell them Beez. :)

A chick told me that deodorant tidbit as well... and Beez is right about moisturizing... just make sure it's not the pore clogging kind..

It also gets better with time... just don't sweat too heavily after shaving.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Just make it a habit to shave your chest. Do it every time you shower, and your skin will get used to it, kind of like your face does already.

No bumps then.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just make it a habit to shave your chest. Do it every time you shower, and your skin will get used to it, kind of like your face does allready.

No bumps then.
i dont have time for that every time I shave/shower :sick:

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you guys shave up and down??Because when I just shave down bumps are not as bad,but when I shave up it's more smooth and lasts an extra day.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you guys shave up and down??Because when I just shave down bumps are not as bad,but when I shave up it's more smooth and lasts an extra day.
If it happens when you shave upward... then it is almost definately in grown hairs. If you shave down, you do not shave the hair below the surface of the skin, as opposed to shaving up.

Adams

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Neosporin. No joke. Prevents infection = No infected hair folicles. I use the creamy kind w/ pain reliever. My old GF recommended it, works perfect. Plus, an ultra warm shower helps while shaving.