Am Cyber Contest????!!

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys i dont know how you all feel about an anabolic minds cyber show! i have been wanting AM to do this so i thought i would go ahead and bring it to the table, how would you guys feel about this?
they did one over at IM and it went really well for it being a first time thing.
i figure with all the members here it would be a pretty huge deal. and with our great sponsors i am sure we can get some great prizes.
i want to see if there is an anyone who is interested please let me know.:bb2:

this would be a lot of fun

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Sounds pretty cool, but how all would this work?

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
i am going to try and work it the specifics. i hope FnF and viper stop by because they were involved in the one over at IM. i have to run out early and grab a few Christmas things but i will be back to try and explain more of what this will be.

and if any of you have any ideas please throw them up.

this would be a cyber bodybuilding contest

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it's a great idea but also requires a lot of maintenance to keep going.

tattoopierced1

also, it could be unfair due to lighting and type of camera....

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
jayhawkk i think if we get a couple of good guys behind it i think it will be awesome, i know there are some members that would be willing to help out.

lets just start throwing ideas around and we can then start to formulate the contest and its chair persons

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IM.com had a pretty fair and thorough process for this contest. Tattoo, it can be very unfair but it's the same in the real world. Some people will be able to afford all their supplements and do nothing but eat train and sleep with zero distractions. Where others will have to overcome a lot more to just keep on a proper diet.

I think in the end it comes down to personal achievments and knowing for yourself what you overcame to make even the slightest improvement in your life. Plus a little honest competition never hurts :)

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
aren't you in contest prep? sounds like an unfair advantage to all of us in winter mode... ;)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in winter mode 12 months out of the year. It's all unfair to me :)

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
it should not matter what shape you are in when the contest would start, I imagine it would have a time table to allow people to get in shape. So if you are out of shape you need to get in shape, simpe as that.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
yes very true i am 11 weeks out but i am not doing this for me. plus i think we should do it sometime in the fall it would give everyone time to get read and actually have a chance to get ready. its a good way for those who have never competed or just want something to do while in between shows or to see how you match up to other AM members that you may never be able to compete against. this is just for example lets say i would like to compete against Ripped but i maybe wouldn’t have that chance in person so i can do it online. so i think be a good way to build the AM community even more!

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
it should not matter what shape you are in when the contest would start, I imagine it would have a time table to allow people to get in shape. So if you are out of shape you need to get in shape, simpe as that.
that sounds more like a "greatest improvement" contest opposed to a cyber-BB show.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
we can have different categories a bb contest and overall transformation contest
maybe i am just throwing out ideas

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best improvement
Bodybuilding with sub categories
Most sexy

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
this is true ubi lets get you that prize, how about a manicure along with a bikini wax? haha

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
as long as it's a hot thai woman doing it.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
haha very true ubi. i had this chick wax my legs once never again, i will stick to shaving. had a girl do that for me too

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Anyways, Buff, I think this is a good idea.. fall is a good time to set a deadline.. 2007 is a year for some big goals for many people around here. :D

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
well let get a few guys who want to head this up, who can still compete as well if they want to and start looking into getting this going. you can pm me if you need to that goes for anything.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
well lets get about 4 guys to be the heads

Jayhawkk
myself
we need 2 more!

we will probably not be the judges, this is just to help set it up and get things running

madman911

madman911

Awards
Cyber contest, no freakin' way... that'll never work.

J/K, I did the one over at IM and it was fun... I'll probably do it again next year. I'd be willing to help out with one here if there's any need. Monthly progress pics were required for the contest, but the bodybuilding contestants were only judged by their final submission. It doesn't take a lot of money to take good pics, I spent exactly $20 in the end... I bought one halogen work lamp at Lowe's and a black bed sheet at Walmart for use as a background... voila.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
yeah madman if you want to help i will put you on the list let me know!!!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I was a judge in the one over on IM.

The way it works is this: you get entries and the actual "show" is like 10 months later.

You have: most improved physique, bodybuilding, and novice bodybuilding.

Contestants are required to have actual posing trunks and judging also scores lighting, skin color, etc., not only the athlete.

It was a good experience.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
awesome madman you are in!

Grunt would you be willing to judge over here and help out?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Madman and grunt. Since this is BH's deal it is all his call but i'm sure he'd appreciate any help.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
alright guys
jahawkk
madman
grunt if you want to be in
and myself

jahawkk is there a way we could have a little conference on AM to discuss all this?

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
awesome! keep them coming guys i hope to have this all worked out and set up a date sometime around the first of the year, i have to talk to the other guys first.

but start throwing your names in the mix lets get some competition going on in here!!

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
ohh wow..I'm in Ubi is my trainer slash photographer..:bb:

If you pay your own airfare and buy the stock.. I only deal with celluloid.

I live in Koh Lanta Yai, on the Andaman Sea side of Thailand. South of Krabi.

Buff, if the date is in the fall, you can count me in, and I'm going to nominate Beelzebub and Glenihan as well... :D

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
awesome ubi

haha dont tell the you nominated them until a month before

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
count me in to help out if you want, I know I am not a Mod but I am pretty sure my contest experiance will help. Other than that this is a great idea and heck who knows may get me the credibilty to become a Mod. If anyone needs a referance you all can ask Npursuit about my training knowledge and contest prep. He was with me for the whole time for the New Englands.

However the idea of diff. categories could make it interesting. Keep me up to date

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This sounds like a great idea. Start it for the new year and contest would be sometime late 2007 or maybe summer. Im gonna take most sexy with my leapord thong baby, yeah!!!!:bb2: :bb: :bb3:

madman911

madman911

Awards
I think it makes sense if both the contest over at IM and the proposed contest here at AM coincide so people could compete in both if they so choose. I see that as a benefit to both contests and both boards as you will see competitors swinging over from both sides. I don't know how board politics might play into such an arrangement, but it can always be an 'unofficial' collaboration. I really don't see a downside to either board in having the shows coincide, but there are upsides of more traffic, new members, and greater involvement of members. I think these cyber contests are a great way to give people who wouldnt' choose to do a live show an opportunity to engage in competition in a comfortable setting, their own home, and also offer a unique experience in that you actually get to see your competition progressing alongside you, which provides great motivation to push harder toward your own goals. Personally, I know I will do the IM contest over this one if I have to choose between them because I have a history with it, but I will also do the contest here if the timeline works out. I know others dedicated to the IM contest who would probably do the same.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Ok Ripped your in! Completes the core group to help this thing get going!!

I agree Madman! i think both of these should Be around the same time maybe a week a part or two but thats it no longer, that way if you miss your peak for one you can try and nail it for the second one. also if its you first time competing then you have a chance to play with carb loading and water to see what works for you. i also agree that its a good way to see how you would do if you didnt want to step on stage right away.

So lets go ahead and say this show will be sometime around the time IM does theirs i think its in november, correct me if i am wrong madman.

we can also help contestants with lighting ideas to try and make it more of and equal playing field if needed.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
good thought about new competitors figuring out their sodium and water. This will give everyone that want's to compete the second chance. I have a feeling people are going to really enjoy this. And as well could possible get allot of new members to AM. Look forward to this and I will take the time to research what IM is doing in the meantime,

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
November, I'm down...as I'm sitting here eating a brownie from the office holiday party.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
haha pumping! enjoy that for those of us that cannt this holiday season

Jahawkk
madman
grunt
ripped
myself

got my guys this will be the core group that will be heading this up. like i said that doesnt mean we cannot compete because we will not be judging this contest unless grunt want to

so lets get this thing going

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
jahawkk is there a way you can put Jahawkk,madman,grunt, ripped, myself in a room or a special forum where we can disscuss ideas and kinda lay down the ground work

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
maybe we can set up teamspeak and do that, buffhunk?

I mean, that is often the best way to chat together... Using our VOICES for once instead of the keyboard.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
i like that idea grunt i like talking better than typing because i think you get more done over the phone then over typing.