8 weeks out from photo shoot

• Thread starter danthaman101183
  • Start date
danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
thanx bro; I will give updates every few weeks. This is my first shoot and I just joined this site and posted. I like how it is around here :)

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
aight , here are a few pics taken from 2 weeks earlier (10 weeks outs out). I will have some more pics I plan on May 14 or so with some more progress.

Attachments

jws8118

Awards
What is the shoot for? I'm looking to find someone else training for fitness modeling so we can share tips and goals, etc.

Later

JS

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
I have a photo shoot in 11 weeks - and am concerned since I am at 11% now. Doing cardio twice a day. Photo shoot is for a Bodybuilding book

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
I could say u would lose 1.5 lbs a week and retain all/if not most muscle.. what are your stats?

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
5'11", 200 lbs, 11%BF all clean foods in the diet: egg whites, cream of rice, brown rice, sweet potato, chicken and fish - (more fish as I get closer to the show). Been working out for 4 yrs - just coming off 4 weeks of SD - so going into PCT - with nolvadex & Clomid. Workouts have been good - but stress has platued my losses. (48 yrs old)

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
By the way - if you are right - I would be at 184lbs and a ripped 4%. Which is perfect - exactly what I want to do. Right now I seem to be retaining a lot of water from stress. May take a valum - but that takes a couple days to ware off and get the metabolism going again.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
TheTest, what supplemts so you plan on taking the next 11 weeks to serve as cutting agents? Also, please post pics within this thread so we can both compare results over the duration of time we have left to get lean!

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Hear you go - CLA (prior to cardio), Lean Out (prior to every meal) & 7-Keto (both from Beverly Int) - prior to meals 1,3, &5, L-Carnitine (prior to cardio), Lypo from enzymedica. No stimulants (other than some coffee in the morning). I also take Stamino2 prior to cardio - ok, that could be a stimulant - great stuff and you only buzz for a little while. I was getting a long term rush from some creatine/NO supplements but I am off creatine now - I think it causes some bloating. More important to drink lots of water - 1.5 gallons hopefully. I will get some pics over the weekend - all I have is some from a few months ago at 15% bf - not a pretty site.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
I understand... I started out from 220... this was in January.. I have done it spread out so long to make sure I did not lose any muscle; it seems to be working great... Please post the pics when you get them, I am excited about this thread

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Here is a couple months ago at 15.5%
test15.jpg

I was about 212lbs, 5'11"

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
I am working now on changing up my workouts - more focus on higher reps for quads to cut them. I got to 8% for my last photo shoot, has won a 3rd place at NPC at age 46 - definately needed to cut more.
test08.jpg

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im curious how you guys got photo shoots and such, like how did you start off and what did you do.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
nice pics theTest// as far as me, I was noticed at a gym I work out at by a bodybuilder in my area/ He noticed I had great size and gave me some helpful tips to get lean. Eventualy, I met his personal photographer (bbpics.com) and I sent him test shots. It is all about connections in the industry and I am slowly working my way in

Bildo_21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hear you go - CLA (prior to cardio), Lean Out (prior to every meal) & 7-Keto (both from Beverly Int) - prior to meals 1,3, &5, L-Carnitine (prior to cardio), Lypo from enzymedica. No stimulants (other than some coffee in the morning). I also take Stamino2 prior to cardio - ok, that could be a stimulant - great stuff and you only buzz for a little while. I was getting a long term rush from some creatine/NO supplements but I am off creatine now - I think it causes some bloating. More important to drink lots of water - 1.5 gallons hopefully. I will get some pics over the weekend - all I have is some from a few months ago at 15% bf - not a pretty site.
In regards to the CLA, i love that stuff, and for me it works best when i take 1 gram after every solid food meal.So about 3-4 grams a day. It takes about a month or so to start really noticing it but once its kicks in it really kicks in. Also i've heard from some people that they hold a little more water when takeing NO2, just somthing for thought, good luck with the shoot bro.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
okay bros.. this is an old thread and sorry i did not add more progress pics.. was way busy.. but here is one of the shots from the shoot...tell me what u think..

Attachments

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
thanx man.. I am pleased with my results for my first shots... I am 5'7 came in 165... body at is very very low there.. i am guessiin 4-5. I wanna come in for my next shoot about 20 lbs heavier.. it is 8 months away

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good progress there. The result was good, bud. Keep us updated on your progress!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
not bad at all, do you know what you will be doing for the next shoot

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Looking great - good job!!!! I have had to delay my shoot until after a show in Sept - I hit a plateau at 11.4 % and 10%, and am now at 9.4% - needed to go to two cardio sessions a day. I am also on some things that will make me hold some water - 5'11" 193lbs

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
Hey the Thetest thanx... The last week of prep really got me dry as hell and made me appear very very lean. To anyone out there who wants to lose water for a shoot, I recommend dandelion leaf tea... I drank a gallon of that a day for the last 4 days before the shoot. That stuff is amazing.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
I will be doing a beach style shoot out in santa monica in march. It is 8 months away, so I know I will spend atleast the next 5 months doing a very lean bulk. I will aim to gain weight slowly so it wont make my last few weeks utter hell stripping the fat away.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a plan. I also just started my bulking process. I will be trying to get to 225 for my wedding in Oct. I can't look like a skinny bastard in my pin stripe tux lol. So what is your calorie intake look like. I will be at 400 carb, 400 protein and around 50-75 fat

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
wow ripped.. congrats on the wedding.. My caloric intake is a mirror image to your.. The carbs may be just a bit lower as I concentrate on my carbs (complex) pre workout, post workout, and the meal 2 an hr after the workout.. My fat is about the same.. I get most of it from natty peanut butter and ground turkey... mm natty peanut butter, I just got hungry, that stuff is amazing :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ripped you tying the KNOT!!! Oh my congrats do you know what you are getting yourself into?

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
Hey guys,
Stay tuned... I have been selected as bodybuilding.com's transformation of the week and will have an article on their homepage either tonight or next Wednesday. When it is up, I will post a link with the mod's approval.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Congrats!! Thats great - you deserve it. I had some delays in getting under 10% BF, and am in the 7s now - thanks for the advice on the tea. I am at 188lbs, and doing a lot of posing. Photo shoot is Sept 10th, so should be ready in time - eating Fish for most meals now and just cut the carbs in 1/2 yet still high in protein. Will post pics later. Take Care

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Yo apowerz, Ya man getting married on Oct 21st I have recently hired a pro to remodify my training. Lets see hwat happens in the next 16 weeks. I am going to be pushing the limits to try and get my wieght up for the Jr Nationals next year. The beautiful thing is we have 2 years to get me there.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
Thank you much. I worked my tail off over those 8 months.. I am surprised more anabolicminds members dont chime in and respond.. Arent we all about transforming our bodies and inproving our lives?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Post a few pics if you are able to...

The ones on BB.com helped tell your story.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
great point motiv8er. I will post some pics tonight from my home pc... That will get this thread a little more hype.. transformations are exciting, lets get some more!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
nice pics, just saw this thread :)

Something about a nice booty......LOL

Seroiusly, looking good

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
haha.. yeah those trunks were a little snug on the glutes.. maybe next time I can have those coveted striated glutes!

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
here are some pics from the shoot.. all courtesy of bbpics.com.. included are some before pics.. see if you can tell which ones are before :) I shoulda entered the transformation contest offered on here, is it too late?

Attachments

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
here are some pics from the shoot.. all courtesy of bbpics.com.. included are some before pics.. see if you can tell which ones are before :) I shoulda entered the transformation contest offered on here, is it too late?
Yeah it's almost over, good job on the cut bro.

danthaman101183

danthaman101183

Banned
Awards
Thanx,
Just got word that I will be doing a shoot out in santa monica in 7 months.. now it is bulking time (clean).. hopefully this time it wont take me 8 months to get into photoshoot shape.. i am planning on only using 12 weeks to be chisled again in late march.

PSBigJoey

PSBigJoey

Awards
Dan,
First of all, you do look great in the modeling shots - nice work! But looking at the stats on the bodybuilding.com site, and doing the math, it comes out to a loss of 29 pounds of lean mass during your cut. Do you believe this is accurate? If so, do you feel it was inevitable or might you have done the cut differently?

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Hello folks - 1 week out from my photo shoot - trying to hit 5% body fat - it will be close - the diet is hard at this point - cravings for anything bad. But I am getting ripped - the fish every meal with a few oz of Sweet potato really works. Comming off all supplements for the last week - will post pics right after the shoot.