2 weeks out

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Lookin tore!!!:twisted: You probably alread know this, but in the back double bi you need to drop the arms down some...Good work though! I hope I can be that cut here in a few weeks (but i know i wont have that size...god being 6'2" sucks sometimes!!!)

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
Looking very tight-just keep doing what you are doing. Dont make any drastic changes. What are your plans for the next two weeks?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Ya I know the arms have to come down on the back shot. I will perfect that all in the next week. It is nice having a couple of friends that are NPC judges to critique me on my poses.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I wont change anyhting this week as far as the diet goes. Next week will be a little drastic. 4 days out I will drop carbs to 25 grams and cut water slowly. I am not sure when I will start the diuretic.

As far as cardio I will keep it the same maybe slow it down next week and just pose my ass off to get some good striations. My legs need a little more vascularity and posing will bring out the cuts.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
looking shredded!! nice job and good luck in your show, huge difference from your intial 16 week out post till now. A fine example of hard work and dedication.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
To RYSIGPI, I see you were looking for some water cutting advice. What are you using for supps or gear. Thsi will help me give you some advice on how to cut water down.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Hey Ripped1, yeah Im trying to get what everyone is doing for cutting their water that way I can try and see a general trend or what works for most. Supps for the next 4 weeks are very simple and no gear for me yet. Im taking sesamin, camph, C2, ephedrine, Anagen (almost done with that), Jungle Warefare (when I get it in a couple days), green tea, CEE, fish oil, and I have some albuterol left (about a weeks worth...prolly start that next week again) And that about does it other than Im taking EXCELL as a great BCAA product, but I consider that more diet like. I also ordered some MHP Xpel and will experiment with that to see how that works. I have heard that Dyazide works very fast and is potassium sparing....but thats prescription and hardcore diuretics scare me.:blink: Let me know what you think.

Thanks

edit: I researched to find the answer to my questions :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, I would edit my post about H50 and Mega-trn since you are not 21 yet, try email to get better info... or do some searching on GL section of the board...
Other than that it looks great :thumbsup:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, looking shredded. Once you drop the h2o, you should be right on.

You have great ab development. Not just definition, but actual development of the muscles.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Looking great ripped1, what was your starting weight and what's your weight now?.... Sorry if I missed it in your other threads.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Rysigpi, if you want the best advice bro you don't need diuretics if you arent on gear. When I was all natty and competed I would just cut water gradually.

Try this,
cut all supps the week before the show. Dont worry they ewont have any effect on your physique in 5 days. As far as the water, if your show is on a saturday start cutting water on wed.

On Wed do gallon, thursday a half and friday just sip on very little. You should have no problem loosing it that way. The bigesst reason diuretics are used is because of water retention from gear.

People used to be amazed at how ripped I could get being clean.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Jim started at 210 and am down to 183 right now. going for middleweight. Should be able to come in right at the top of the class

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
You look great..... I got to hand it to you guys while cutting.... You can deal with the change in size... I started cutting at 191 lbs and in 4 weeks ended at 178... I got scared I was losing muscle, so I quit and started bulking again..... I think I'll be happier if I start cutting when I'm over 200lbs.... Best of luck with your contest.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Well, I would edit my post about H50 and Mega-trn since you are not 21 yet, try email to get better info... or do some searching on GL section of the board...
Other than that it looks great :thumbsup:
Oh i am well aware of not being 21 yet...6 weeks and I am :twisted: ahaha. After my post I researched for a couple hours in the GL section and on other boards.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Rysigpi, if you want the best advice bro you don't need diuretics if you arent on gear. When I was all natty and competed I would just cut water gradually.

Try this,
cut all supps the week before the show. Dont worry they ewont have any effect on your physique in 5 days. As far as the water, if your show is on a saturday start cutting water on wed.

On Wed do gallon, thursday a half and friday just sip on very little. You should have no problem loosing it that way. The bigesst reason diuretics are used is because of water retention from gear.

Thank you for the advice. That sounds very close to what I planned on doing other than I was going to experiment with the Xpel a couple weeks out just to get a feel for that.:study:

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards

Try this,

That is excellent advice and I can speak from experience from both sides as well. Natural shows (numerous) enhanced shows (one). what someone does for contest prep with the use of anabolics is different than if you are drug free.

It is funny when i hear people say they were holding water. No actually you were holding fat! Obviously not directed at this thread just something that amuses me. But Ripped is correct you can get really lean naturally it just takes a little long prep and a little more careful dieting, etc. And you have to compare apples to apples. Anabolics helps. That is for certain. But with supplementation being much more advanced than even 5 yrs ago -you can build a tremendous physigue if your personal choice was not to use anabolics

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh i am well aware of not being 21 yet...6 weeks and I am :twisted: ahaha. After my post I researched for a couple hours in the GL section and on other boards.
Just dont want ya to get in trouble as their have been some youngins postin about anabolics and such, As you are doing so well, and this board is a great tool to learn. Anywhoo, Try the Xpel, but also be careful do not run any other stims with it, as it is extremely powerful!!! 2 days before getting married I woke up with 2 seized legs, as my wife ran to the fridge to get orange juice, and my potasssium pills. 2 min of this felt like 2 hours of hell.
I also have had a associate cramp up horrible with it... He was ripped but cramping.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Just dont want ya to get in trouble as their have been some youngins postin about anabolics and such, As you are doing so well, and this board is a great tool to learn. Anywhoo, Try the Xpel, but also be careful do not run any other stims with it, as it is extremely powerful!!! 2 days before getting married I woke up with 2 seized legs, as my wife ran to the fridge to get orange juice, and my potasssium pills. 2 min of this felt like 2 hours of hell.
I also have had a associate cramp up horrible with it... He was ripped but cramping.
THANK YOU for the heads up. I planned on running C2 and some ephedrine then test the xpel out. I will go off the stims first!:run:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You said it, EPH is a pretty strong dirty Diuretic too... As for ripped I will probablly asking you some questions as I am 33 days out...

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
Looking very very lean. Great progress. Only thing i can offer from the pictures is HAMMER your posing. Practice practice practice.:thumbsup:

Also i would start to get a bit of a tan in.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
rysipi, if you want send me an email at [email protected] and write your diet out for me, let me know if you have cut anything thus far or what your plans are. I will see if I can offer some advice.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
No problem Apowerz, ask away, 33 days man that seems like an eternity ago. I am now 12 days till the 1st and lkie 17 till the 2nd show. I should have a feel for the diuretic by then. Will keep posted on how long I decide to run it

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Well down to 11 days, I am close to the weight I need to be at. Am starting to wonder if I will gert down but that is just my mind ****en with me. I cut out a cuo of rice and will see how I respond to that. Other than that calf has been giving me some trouble with cramping every pose I hit. Starting to get tired real quick, my body has taken a beating and wants some Ben and Jerrys

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As you know our mind tries to maintain homeostasis, and BODYBUILDING is quite the opposite. Just know that in 11 days you can eat B&J, and enjoy but now DAMNIT YOU HAVE A SHOW TO WIN!!!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HI ripped I was wondering do you know what your bf% is in those pics. btw you are looking shredded good luck on your contest

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
So here is another mental **** in my day, was doing super sets for legs yesterday and ****ed up my right hamstring. I felt something pop and fell off the ****en machine. My right ass cheec is ****en swollen like all hell. I slept like **** and am staying home from work to keep icing it. Hopefully I will be doing cardio by tomm. Will take a day to rest and just hit triceps and delts. I can't ****en win one thing after another. 9 days out. Not sure what my bodyfat is If I had to guess I would say 8-9% in those pics.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
So here is another mental **** in my day, was doing super sets for legs yesterday and ****ed up my right hamstring. I felt something pop and fell off the ****en machine. My right ass cheec is ****en swollen like all hell. I slept like **** and am staying home from work to keep icing it. Hopefully I will be doing cardio by tomm. Will take a day to rest and just hit triceps and delts. I can't ****en win one thing after another. 9 days out. Not sure what my bodyfat is If I had to guess I would say 8-9% in those pics.
That is a nightmare! Keep resting and icing that and I wish ya the best. Maybe some anti inflamatories as well. I would also say you are sub 8% in those pics...easily...

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bro, I am sorry for you. I can only say that, I have also strained, pulled, or something in my right forearm on Monday. Its been hard just sucking it up, it just sux because I cannot go heavy for any BP presses, nor feel my bicep when i do hammers, dips are a waste, and I to am pissed so much, thats what happens sometimes when you still go heavy, to retain that mass Baby !!! Keep your head up, and visualize the win and after the show you can get all corrected...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thankfully I didn't have injury problems with my contest prep.

I fully attribute it to dropping the heavy work several weeks out and shifting to TUT. I find I am FAR less injury prone on TUT.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
It was due to happen, all the winny in me was bound to weaken something. I was going light but weirder things have happened.

I am going to get some shock therapy done on it this afternoon. That should loosen it up and I have a deep tissue massage on Tuesday.

Other than that keeping the ibuprofen and ice going.

Will let you know how I feel after shock therapy

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I am going to get some shock therapy done on it this afternoon. That should loosen it up and I have a deep tissue massage on Tuesday.
Excellent call. I TORE my right quad, cant remember which exact muscle as I did it 3 years ago, and the deep tissue ultra sound they would do at physical therapy felt so good and literally helped it by the day. The injury was bad. My whole thigh was swollen and hard and black and blue. I bet those two things will help ya bud!

Let us know!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from getting some ultrasound done, and used some kind of metal tool to break up the tissue. Feel allot better just from that. WIll do it again in the morning and try cardio.

I am on the way to the gym now to hit my triceps and delts. Will make sure to stretch the hell out of them.

Lets hope tomorrow brings better feeling

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Ok fellas, woke up at 5am and feel great. Still a little stiff but going for some cardio this morning, and then some more therapy.

Was worried about getting down to middleweight because I keep stepping on teh scale. I am at 183 this morning so no worries here. With any luck I will step on stage roght at 176 top of the weight class. I will be an in or two taller than most because I am 5'9 but I am not worried. Will put on the weight in the off season to get to lightheavy next year

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Ok fellas, woke up at 5am and feel great. Still a little stiff but going for some cardio this morning, and then some more therapy.

Was worried about getting down to middleweight because I keep stepping on teh scale. I am at 183 this morning so no worries here. With any luck I will step on stage roght at 176 top of the weight class. I will be an in or two taller than most because I am 5'9 but I am not worried. Will put on the weight in the off season to get to lightheavy next year
Excellent news that it was just a minor set back. It will make you work that much harder! I hear ya on being an inch or two taller than the other...Think I will look like a giant at a height of 6'2" bare feet?!:blink:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Excellent news that it was just a minor set back. It will make you work that much harder! I hear ya on being an inch or two taller than the other...Think I will look like a giant at a height of 6'2" bare feet?!:blink:
You're probably going to have to get to at least heavyweight before you start tearing up the circuit at that height. :(

Though if you get some insane conditioning and you keep everything as symmetrical as humanly possible, you could still do some serious damage in ligher weight classes.

The guy who won the Novice Middleweight at my comp was like 5'11". He was as shredded as Dexter Jackson; his conditioning was otherworldly. Plus his proportions were darn near perfect. He couldn't win the Open though; the guy who won the Open was about 5'4" and looked like a friggin monster.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I plan on being at about 4%BF the day of the show, I should ccome right in at 176 and full. My back is going to stand out more than anything, but my legs will lack the size but are already shredded. I am not that worried but figure a top 5 placing. Expect allot of competitors at this show.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I plan on being at about 4%BF the day of the show, I should ccome right in at 176 and full. My back is going to stand out more than anything, but my legs will lack the size but are already shredded. I am not that worried but figure a top 5 placing. Expect allot of competitors at this show.
Having a wide and thick back is priority numero uno IMO.

With just about any other muscle, if it is decidedly bigger, then it is actually view as a negative due to asysmmetry. However with back, it can never really be too big. In fact, it seems that having a disproportionately large back can actually bump you up a placing or two.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Well I shouild be all set with the back then.

Weighed in at 181 this morning, right on track. I am going to start Dyazide tomorrow I think waiting to hear. Will cut my carbs on Wednesday. I cut all my sauce's and crap out today, and drinking 2-3 gallons of distilled water. Already miss the green tea.

A little tired and deciding whether or not a cup of coffee is taboo. Will wait to hear from my buddy doing my diet this morning.

Will keep up the info as the week goes by

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I shouild be all set with the back then.

Weighed in at 181 this morning, right on track. I am going to start Dyazide tomorrow I think waiting to hear. Will cut my carbs on Wednesday. I cut all my sauce's and crap out today, and drinking 2-3 gallons of distilled water. Already miss the green tea.

A little tired and deciding whether or not a cup of coffee is taboo. Will wait to hear from my buddy doing my diet this morning.

Will keep up the info as the week goes by
Contest is May 13th right?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I actually am doing the New Englands this weekend the 7th. It is a far better show with more contestants. I am not sure if I am still doing the show on the 13th. WIll see how I feel after Sunday. I am using Dyazide so will see what that does to my body.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why are you cutting carbs leading up to the show? Won't that result in depleting you as you get closer to the show and thus end up making you flat in contest?

Normally folks start carbing UP around Wednesday before a Saturday show

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Why are you cutting carbs leading up to the show? Won't that result in depleting you as you get closer to the show and thus end up making you flat in contest?

Normally folks start carbing UP around Wednesday before a Saturday show
Thats what I was thinking as well. I would think you would start to carb load around thursday. Start depleting today or even yesterday, no?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I always carb down 4 days out, I dont cut completly though. I have always been shredded on stage this way. Some things work for others, I will post my diet for those days in a couple of hrs so you can see what I do. You will be amazed at how well this works.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Ok here it is

Carb depoletion 3 days

meal 1
8 oz chicken

meal 2
6 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
8oz chicken

Meal 3,4,5,6
12 oz chicken
1/g pd of peas split up between meals

Meal 7
8 oz chicken

Total Calories/Protein/Carb
2375/400/50

Saturday, day before the show
As many boiled potatoes as I can eat, 2 boxes of granola, and 1/2 gallon of water cut out at noon.

This should bring me right in at 176.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice work you gonna post some more recent pics?

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I will post pics from the show, I didnt bother taking any this weekend. I was to sore and tired to bother

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I look forward to seeing how it goes for you! Yeah, get some new pics up!!

Terrible news for me!! I just got the entry form for the 2006 NPC Michigan Bodybuilding Championships. They have no novice class!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink: :jaw:

I am wondering if I should wait 3 more weeks to hit the June 10th show. Another reason that one looks better is that my parents are in a wedding may 20th :( so maybe the June 10th one would be better since my rents can go and they actually got a novice class!!

Sorry to go off topic but that really bums me out!!!:blink: