Apr 19 Wed Night Show- no pre judging

matthams

Awards
OK, my show is on april 19th, so I'm 10 days out today. I go on stage at around 6:45 or 7. I'm planning on this for my carbs:

Wed- 190
Thurs- 155
Fri- 120
Sat- 85
Sun- 50
Mon- 20
Tues- 20 @ brekfast. Starting at 8pm 40g every 2 hrs til bed.
Wed- 40g every 2 hours. At 4pm I'll have a personal sized pizza and some krispy kremes. right before i go on stage I'll have a couple snickers or other type of candy bar and maybe another donut.

Water: 2-3 gals a day. Tuesday 1.5 gals stop at 3pm. Wed (show day) sips of water.
I'm also slowly lowering my sodium. I'm at 4000mg a day now. I'll go to 2000mg on friday then 1500mg starting on monday. Then 1000mg on tuesday.
I have some Xpel that I'm planning on starting Monday night.

Does this look to be a good plan?
Also, does anyone have any opinions on using Pure Vitargo for the carb load?
Thanks a lot guys!

matthams

Awards
Also, would it be wise to use Glucophase XR along with my carb load? I assume it would be a good way to shuttle those carbs into my muscles...

matthams

Awards
Also, my depletion training will be this:
Fri- Legs
Sat- Back/bi's/traps
Sun- chest/shoulders/tris
Mon- pose
Tues-pose
I'm doing 50 minutes of cardio everyday also, which I will stop on Sunday.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I tend to be a little more conversative in my carb depletion. I only cut it down to about half of my usual carb intake. You go much lower than that. And than I usually only increase it about 100 over my usual intake.
so for me it would be a cut to 100 for three days than an increase to 300 or a little more. I am assuming you natural. I have found natural bodybuilders should be a little more conversative in their last week prep since you have a better chance of screwing yourself up than making some radical improvements. The hard work is done and you have been dieting and training for weeks. You are ALREADY very depleted. I dont see a need to go so low. Also I am glad you mentioned the Vitagro. It is excellent for glycogen loading. You just have to remember that you are limiting water so it is going to mix up like a paste

You also could load with a insulin mimiker such as alpha lipoic acid which is the ingredient found in Designer Supplements Glucophase

matthams

Awards
Awesome, thanks for the input! I'm going so low with my carbs to make sure i'm completely depleted. after doing a CKD for a while I kinda figured out how to deplete myself.

You also could load with a insulin mimiker such as alpha lipoic acid which is the ingredient found in Designer Supplements Glucophase
yah i asked about using GXR in this thread. i thought it would be a good idea to use it. what would you suggest? maybe 1 cap before each carb meal?

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
yah i asked about using GXR in this thread. i thought it would be a good idea to use it. what would you suggest? maybe 1 cap before each carb meal?
I must have missed that. 1-2 per meal is the recommended dosage. Since your goal is to load as much glyocgen into the muscle I would go with the two but just be aware of any signs of low blood sugar-good luck in the show.

Is it for shool, local gym?

matthams

Awards
Thanks for your help man...
its a school show, thus the weird timing. they also have us doing some weird poses like right and left quad and a standing calf shot. oh well... its gonna be fun. im excited.

matthams

Awards
I'm thinking I'm going to take out the personal pizza because i think it might be a little too heavy and cause some stomach distention. I'm struggling with wether or not to replace it with a serving of pure vitargo, or with a few krispy kremes. any input?
before pump-up will still be the snickers plus a little sodium.

matthams

Awards
well actually..... I WON IT! i'll get some pictures posted up tomorrow or friday!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Dude great job, let us know the details as soon as you can.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
CONGRATS!!!

Couple quick questions....
1. It looks like you did somewhat of a ****load....how did that work for you? What did you end up eating the day of the comp?
2. How did the xpel work for you and what times did you take it/how many days?
3. Did you use GXR?

Thanks for any info!

Ryno