My contest prep...

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Been dieting since beginning of Feb. Started carb cycling this past Sunday the 12th. Currently 9.5 weeks out. I am giving 111% here. I started dieting at 233 pounds. I am now 219 @ about 6'2", maybe 6'3" on a great day.

Training is a 2 on, 1 off scheme with 20 min. of walking after each training session:
-Legs
-Chest/ tris/ abs
-off
-Back/ bis
-shoulders/ calves/ abs
-off
-REPEAT

Currently doing cardio empty stomach first thing in the mouring on treadmill 4.0 mph on 4% incline for 30min every other day.

Below is the diet I am on. I borrowed some ideas that I really liked from the big D.

Pre-contest Diet

Meal 1:
½ cup rolled oats
1 scoop whey protein
3 fish oil caps
2 tbsp natural peanut butter

498.5 kcals, 38p/ 36c/ 22.5f

Meal 2:
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
¾ oz almonds
4 oz lean turkey

387 kcals, 51.5p/ 16c/ 13f

Meal 3: (meal 4 on non lifting days)
8 oz chicken breast
¼ cup brown rice
1 cup broccoli
4 tbsp salsa
3 fish oil caps

418 kcals, 70p/ 12c/ 10f

pre-workout: ( or meal 3 on non lifting days)
½ cup oats
1 scoop whey protein
2 tbsp natural peanut butter

471.5 kcals, 38p/ 36c/ 19.5f

post-workout: (or meal 5 on non lifting days)
½ cup rolled oats
2 scoops whey protein

384.5 kcals, 53p/ 33c/ 4.5f

Meal 4: (meal 6 on non lifting days)

8 oz chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
4 tbsp salsa
3 fish oil caps

418 kcal, 70p/ 12c/ 10f

Meal 5:
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
¾ oz almonds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 oz lean turkey breast

513 kcals, 51.5p/ 16c/ 27f

Totals: 3090.5 kcals, 372p/ 161c/ 106.5f

Every 21st meal is carb up time. It replaces meal “7”.
1. -1 can fresh cut green beans in water
2. -1 cup oatmeal
-4 tbsp raisins
-2 tbsp honey
-splenda
-1 tbsp smart balance butter spread
3. -1 cup sweet potato mashed
-2 tbsp natural peanut butter

200 grams carbs
30 grams fat

Current Supps include fish oil and thyrogen-x, with anabolic extreme rampage pre-workout.

NOTE!!!! I just placed a nice order of supps that will be here tomorrow. I will update then with my supps and their timing.

Ryno
out

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck man, any pics?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I tried taking a quick pic in the gym locker room but they all came out blurry. Heres the best one........blah blah blah :icon_lol:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, I like the inner part of your quad..Yeah, I have done that before too, but that is what gf's are for, good pics..But lookin nice, what weight class you goin for?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Im not shooting for any weight class. I am just trying to retain as much muscle as possible within reason and be as conditioned as I can. I am already the leanest I have ever been in my life. I have been a fat kid all my life but not this year!!!:twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work, I'll be sure to follow..All the best..

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I need all the support I can get. I am currently packing my last meal to take out with me. My friends definately ahve a DD for awhile...shoot...i have been like all year! I will just ahve to break away from the girls and go out to the car to eat at 11:30!

Ryno

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel your pain man, I goto the bathroom once every class to goto my car to eat..I am such a hardcore ecto..lol..I need to eat all the time.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Tried and true, pumped and fuelled, the path was clear and the ladies drooled. He climbed to the top for a meal he'd stop from a seed in the soil to the cream of the crop. Iminent success wont settle for less, now give me some space to get this weight of my chest. lol heres to victory. In health there are no losers.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
START RANT: I ordered my ******* supps on Sunday. They got shipped out monday and according to fedex tracking the package was signed for and delivered on Wednesday at 11:52am. It is not almost 2pm friday and I dont have the darn things! I have went to the university housing (which handles the packages) and they are like, "well let me check the mailroom"...then they come back..."No its not there im sorry, it is probably still being shipped over here...see we get mail dropped at one location, then they bring it here and we sort it...ect". I have been over there twice to talk to them to find out where my package is. If I dont get it by the end of the day they are paying for the $150+ order that I should have had WEDNESDAY!!!!! gggggggrrrrrrrrrr
END RANT- (there i feel a lil better)

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
1 xSymmetry $34.95
1 x100% Whey Protein Gold Standard
- Flavors: Chocolate $26.00
1 xSesamin $29.99
1 xNOxidant $9.95
1 xcAMPHIBOLIC $27.50
1 xMax CLA $16.49

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
YAY!!! I finally got my package of supps!!!

Heres the supps and their timing:

Sesamin: w/ meal 1, pre-workout, and last meal of the day.

Symmetry: 2 caps w/ meal 1, 4 pre workout. (non weight days= 6 caps spread out)

Max CLA: 2 caps with meals 2-4-6

NOxidant: 3 caps post workout

cAMPHIBOLIC: 2 pre meal 1, 2 before bed.

Rampage: 1 tab 45 min. before cardio or weights

Hopefully I can remember that all!! :blink: Im gonna go write that down on the fridge with my meals!

Ryno
out

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Its my carb up meal now. I started eating it at 10:45ish and am still in the process of finishing the sweet potato and the peanut butter. WOW I AM FULL!! I want to puke! :blink:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Woke up at 8:15 today. Took one venom cap as I got some fre samples with my order from nutraplanet. I browsed the net for 15 min or so waiting for the venom to kick in. I got dressed and powerwalked all around my college campus (windy and cold as hell have you) and about 1 mile in I started to feel it kick in. I am sitting here typing this and can honestly say I feel ****ed up. I feel cracked out or something :blink: . I could not imagine what two caps would be like:run: . I dont know if I will take a venom cap again.......

Ryno
out

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woke up at 8:15 today. Took one venom cap as I got some fre samples with my order from nutraplanet. I browsed the net for 15 min or so waiting for the venom to kick in. I got dressed and powerwalked all around my college campus (windy and cold as hell have you) and about 1 mile in I started to feel it kick in. I am sitting here typing this and can honestly say I feel ****ed up. I feel cracked out or something :blink: . I could not imagine what two caps would be like:run: . I dont know if I will take a venom cap again.......

Ryno
out
Pretty jittery feelin I take it? I hate, hate, hate stims like that. If you haven't you should give AX Rampage a try, it is really the most clean stimulant I have ever used. If you are like me and hate feeling like you just took speed then you should definitely try it out.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Pretty jittery feelin I take it? I hate, hate, hate stims like that. If you haven't you should give AX Rampage a try, it is really the most clean stimulant I have ever used. If you are like me and hate feeling like you just took speed then you should definitely try it out.
Yeah I am still wired! It calmed down a little after I ate my frist meal though. I have been taking AX Rampage pre workout.....I agree a nice clean stim.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I hate stims too. But i find that if I take Venom 1 pill when i wake for a week or so then add a pill in week two it doesn't hit you as hard. Oh and I add the second pill about two hrs later then the first.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I took another cap of venom at 8am this mourning before my cardio. The effects were still strong but I was a little more ready for it so it was too bad. These damn samples sell ya...I might have to invest in a bottle on of these days :twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, honestly my favourite stims are natural. My gf works at this health smoothie store called Booster Juice, it's a Canadian franchise so you guys won't have heard of it. They sell wicked shakes with 'boosters' in them 5 g's-30g's of glutamine, protein, creatine, wicked stuff..Anyway, they sell this thing called a Matcha shot, it tastes like refined ass but gets me going so good and after I workout I feel like a million bucks...

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Everything is going good. I will get some more pics by like Saturday or so. I am upping my cardio to every mourning Monday thru Friday. If I dont do weights Mon-Fri (as I do a 2-on, 1-off scheme) then I will also do cardio at night as well....Cardio on the weekends if I dont do weight as well. :twisted:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in at 215 this mourning. Everything going well. Hope to have pics saturdayish.

Ryno
out

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Changed diet up a little.

Also I am moving my carb up meal so that it is the first night in the two day block of lifting. I lift 2 on, 1 off with a 4 day split.

What it did look like.......
0. (low carb day/ cardio only)
1. (low carb day/ weight train legs)*****
2. (carb up meal #7/ weight train chest/tris)
3. (low carb day/ cardio only)
4. (low carb day/ weight train back/bis)*****
5. (carb up meal #7/ weight train shoulders/ calves)
6. (same as day 3)

I am moving the carb up meal to where I put the " ***** " as in between those two days is my greatest calorie expenditure.

Here is the updated diet as well.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
8 weeks out pics!

Sorry that a couple are a little blury and my side tricep is at a bad angle.:trout:

Right now I am sitting 215 pounds @ 6'2-6'3"ish

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
New pics @ 7 weeks out. Legs are lacking seperation from all the cario I did yesterday/ today and my leg workout yesterday. I am afraid to say that I think I have Ronnie Coleman abs.....:blink:

Here is me at 7 weeks out. My mom just got a new digi camera and I dont like it. When you take pics without the flash they come out so friggin dark! I had to brighten them some so you could just see me! Also my dad is sitting down when taking a couple pics....:trout:

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
WOW, those last pics suck that I posted. They look great on the picture viewer on the camera but suck when I put them on the comp...wtf

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your back-double-bi pic looked really good

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
thank you. Hopefully the pics this weekend will be more clear!! :run:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just noticed your Rhombs are looking prime too, I was starting to get those in a little bit, you can kinda see in my av..When you get the double triangle like you got it gets good..Can't wait for a few more weeks, keep it up brah..

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I tweaked the diet a little more. I needed fruit in there and what better one than grapefruit.

Also started megadosing EXCELL which is a nice BCAA product. I have a log of that running in the supp/review section. Check it out.

Ryno
out

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
pics @ 6 weeks, 1 day out

Note: my lifting partner can now be called "shakes", my bad on the blurry pics. I shouldda checked them before we left to make sure they were okay.

Attachments

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bring your hands up on lat spreads. They should be at your waist, not your hips.

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
i know i am late to this but will post my comments. Please correct me if I get any of the info wrong

though you have a 4 day split you only train each bodypart once per week.......you need more fregruency. Maybe divide the body in two and hit each part twice per week. Also you dont seem to have carbs post workout which is the most critical time for glycogen replenishment. I would say 50% of your daily allotment precontest should come during this time. I highly recommennd a product called vitagro.........Also you are in the six week mark...You might want to give consideration to dropping the cottage chese........Great source of protein however dairy during pre-contest tends to keep the skin thick...........you have a large frame and that is tough to fill out but once you do, your physigue will be very impressive

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
i know i am late to this but will post my comments. Please correct me if I get any of the info wrong

though you have a 4 day split you only train each bodypart once per week.......you need more fregruency. Maybe divide the body in two and hit each part twice per week. Also you dont seem to have carbs post workout which is the most critical time for glycogen replenishment. I would say 50% of your daily allotment precontest should come during this time. I highly recommennd a product called vitagro.........Also you are in the six week mark...You might want to give consideration to dropping the cottage chese........Great source of protein however dairy during pre-contest tends to keep the skin thick...........you have a large frame and that is tough to fill out but once you do, your physigue will be very impressive
I am training each bodypart once every 6 days...close to a week i know. If I do more I will be overtraining. I have been there and done that.

On the cottage cheese, I have heard some people say they keep using it until the final week, but its funny you say "thick skin" cause I always feel like my veins are hiding cause my skin is thick!!! ummmmmmmmmmmmm...what would you replace my fat free cottage cheese with then?

On the carbs postwork out, I am carb cycling, I replenshish my stores every 3rd day.

thanks guys

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
you would not be overtaining if you limited your sets per bodypart to around 6. Less volume/more fregruency. I would replace it with just more protein. If you feel you are not getting lean enough you might want to drop the peanut butter as well. Sure it tastes good but your fat content (yes i know it is healthy fat) is kinda high. You are doing great -just adding my two cents. Personnaly I dont carb cycle but that is just for me. I do a targeted ketogenic diet where the majority of my carbs are pre and post workout

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
On the peanut butter, that was my plan was to cut it in half a week from now. The higher fat is something that a very well respected dietician has been doing with great results. In fact, my diet is kinda structured around his ideas. It has been working great. Here is a pic of me february 20th. This is like a little over what...6 weeks ago....

Attachments

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about switching my cottage cheese out for some tuna fish?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I tweaked the diet again. I am going to order the ultra peptide and start this next friday.

Attachments