Beast's Contest Prep Thread

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Hello fellow Anabolic Minders,
I start my contest prep tomorrow :twisted: and decided to log my progress here. I am currently 19 weeks and weighing in at 215 lbs. I am shooting to weigh in at around 198 lbs to be at the top of the Light Heavy-weights.

Here are my 19 weeks out pics:

Attachments

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Diet

I am working with a dietician this year, our R&D director Chuck Rudolph. Here is the diet he set up for me:

Attachments

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Training

I train Mon-Sat, with 30 minutes of cardio after each session. The cardio session are moderate intensity to promote blood flow to the muscles and increase nutrient partitioning. It is not really to burn fat because the diet will take care of that.

Attachments

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Beast! You keep making steady, lean progress.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
good luck man! you definitely should show up in fantastic condition given your BF% is low given its the end of your bulk and you've got 19 weeks to prep

by the way your quads and hams are looking tremendous

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Never thought I'd say this to another man, but.... "nice legs." :)

Looking very thick, and you are definitely proportioned well. Good luck!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! I appreciate the support. :clap2:

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
In this day and age, if being "sick", "messy" and "ill" is good, and stage performers (well, UK hip hop and garage peformers anyhoo) are "booed" because they're dynamite, then Derek can be told he looks crap when he's in solid nick...

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In this day and age, if being "sick", "messy" and "ill" is good, and stage performers (well, UK hip hop and garage peformers anyhoo) are "booed" because they're dynamite, then Derek can be told he looks crap when he's in solid nick...
Easy easy my friend. Just givin ya some crap.

But yes Derek you look great man you really do.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You do realise i wasn't being serious, yes?
Hahaha yea i know. I was just shootin ya some **** tho is all i was sayin. I had a friend from the UK and we got to be real good friends so i know how yall are. :lol: :thumbsup:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey Derek if you dont mind me asking, what's your leg routine look like? Looking at you reminds me I need to focus on the wheels:D

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Hey Derek if you dont mind me asking, what's your leg routine look like? Looking at you reminds me I need to focus on the wheels:D
Third post in this thread has no entire routine. I have a "high" rep day and "low" rep day for legs.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Your workout looks really nice... consider it stolen :) Have you done this workout before? Or are you just now starting it for your contest prep.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Looking solid good luck on the contest prep.

jblaze22

Board Supporter
Awards
mother of god, that is a shitstorm of calories. best of luck

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the same on being high volume. I don't think my body can take it...but your a freak Beast. Also a bump on what the chain laterals are.

How would it be to split your 6 day split into "A" and "B" workouts such that you go three days a week and repeat it every two weeks?

Like, M-W-F (week one) would be your M-T-W.......then M-W-F (week 2) would be your Tr-F-S.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
You're looking pretty huge bro. For some reason you look like one of the old school 50's or 60's bodybuilders to me. (except for with much bigger legs, lol).

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Your workout looks really nice... consider it stolen :) Have you done this workout before? Or are you just now starting it for your contest prep.
I've been doing it (or something very similar) for the past 12 weeks and love it.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
That is how I would do it.

Or you may consider doing:
Week 1
Mon: Upper
Wed: Lower
Fri: Upper
Week 2
Mon: Lower
Wed: Upper
Fri: Lower
Repeat

I was thinking the same on being high volume. I don't think my body can take it...but your a freak Beast. Also a bump on what the chain laterals are.

How would it be to split your 6 day split into "A" and "B" workouts such that you go three days a week and repeat it every two weeks?

Like, M-W-F (week one) would be your M-T-W.......then M-W-F (week 2) would be your Tr-F-S.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
You're looking pretty huge bro. For some reason you look like one of the old school 50's or 60's bodybuilders to me. (except for with much bigger legs, lol).
Probably cause I don't use 2+ grams a test a week, insulin, GH, IGF-I, etc like today's pros :icon_lol:

I really like the look of the guys from the 70's and early 80's (except their legs, with the exception of Mr. Platz). There muscles and skin just look different than today's pros.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I'm liking that idea Derek. I think its safe to say your looking swole and many ohter including myself will be "stealing" "things" from you!

I have been looking to switch it up here and that looks golden to me.

One other question...whats a "high pulley curl"...is that where you stand in the middle of a cable crossover machine and basically do a double bi like flex?

Ryno
out

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
How do you perform those? Do you pull your arms horizontally, or do you perorm a normal lat raise with the weight suspended from the chain?
You perform these the same as a DB lateral, but instead of "lifting" the DB you are pulling the chain. The goal is to only use your delts. No momentum, no swinging, and focus on contracting the medial delts. I will try and take a video of me doing these next Tuesday, just remind me on Monday :D

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
One other question...whats a "high pulley curl"...is that where you stand in the middle of a cable crossover machine and basically do a double bi like flex?

Ryno
out
Correct. I felt my arms in the front double bicep pose was lacking so I figured, "Why not do an exercise that works the biceps in the position the pose is done in." Now I don't want to get in a debate on whether or not one can increase the peak of their biceps, but my biceps peaks have definitely increased from this exercise.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice, thats alot of Ultra Peptide :) Good stuff. Best of luck D looking forward to the contest.

Popa Murph

Awards
Probably cause I don't use 2+ grams a test a week, insulin, GH, IGF-I, etc like today's pros :icon_lol:

I really like the look of the guys from the 70's and early 80's (except their legs, with the exception of Mr. Platz). There muscles and skin just look different than today's pros.
:woohoo:
I agree totally except for the Platz thing, I was never a big fan of the golden eagle. Although his wheels are impressive.

Don't forget the older pro's didn't have the sodium depletion thing down to a science and probably did use mad diuretics.

Attachments

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
:blink: :run:

That is downright sick!!! One thing my height sucks for is putting mass on my legs...they are growing...slow but sure!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I told someone on Avant that you were using estrogen and cortisol actually.
LOL, very funny. I'm not using any illegal drugs, but if I was, why would I openly admit to it on a public forum... not too smart.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
hey derek where are you getting the extra 100g of protin? i added it all up and came up with 405g

Popa Murph

Awards
I think he's only taking one scoop ultra peptide per meal.:woohoo:

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Just curious bro, what age did you start lifting at?

crimsonice5656

Awards
Hey Derek just wondering what your maintenace caloric intake level you've found is accurate for yourself. It seems 4,000 cals a day is a little high even for 19 weeks out.

Either way best of luck I'll definitely be following this thread

Mike

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Hey Derek just wondering what your maintenace caloric intake level you've found is accurate for yourself. It seems 4,000 cals a day is a little high even for 19 weeks out.

Either way best of luck I'll definitely be following this thread

Mike
The beauty of Sesamin + Lipid Fx!

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
Lost 1.6 lbs fat and gained 0.2 lbs lean mass last week AT 4,000 kcals a day!!!

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Nice work. I really like the diet that chuck had made for you. It has a lot of variety which is great and all the food selections are tasty in my book. However...it would cost me a fortune to run that diet!!!

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
You perform these the same as a DB lateral, but instead of "lifting" the DB you are pulling the chain. The goal is to only use your delts. No momentum, no swinging, and focus on contracting the medial delts. I will try and take a video of me doing these next Tuesday, just remind me on Monday :D
Derek,

Here's a reminder. Looking foward to seeing it.

-Blesum