favorite legal diuretic?

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
hey what do you guys like to use pre contest? there a few diuretics to choose from: tight, dandelion roots, taraxatone etc...what do you guys prefer?

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

The main ingredient in all of them is Dandelion Root. You should try drying out with Dandelion Root alone one day and see how the results are. Dandelion Root is like $5 bucks at the Vitamin Shoppe so check it out. The others do have a variety of other supplements to help for the process of losing water so you may wanna try a couple and see which works best for you.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tight by SAN isn't a diuretic, but Shredded by SAN is.. ;)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
legal? .. i don't really know what works

you definitely can get by with using nothing with proper carb depletion and water manipulation

aldactone never hurts :)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Best legal products: Shredded by SAN, Xpel by MHP, or 2g dandelion root with 500mg uva ursi, 200mg caffiene.. ;)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
legal? .. i don't really know what works

you definitely can get by with using nothing with proper carb depletion and water manipulation

aldactone never hurts :)
I want to stay away from aldactone. Aldactone is the brand name for systemic spironolactone. It is an androgen receptor antagonist. It can cause gyno and it can hinder gains from any AAS you may be taking.

Diurretics are something I wish I knew more about. I'm only familiar with aldactone and lasix.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
null why's that true i personally only use 50mg of aldactone 2x a day for 2 days before a show .. i'm definitely not gaining from anything at this point and is certainly not enough to cause gyno ... its just to get any water left out and make sure its gone before i start my shitload

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
Best legal products: Shredded by SAN, Xpel by MHP, or 2g dandelion root with 500mg uva ursi, 200mg caffiene.. ;)
thanks for the reply...any chance you could pick one out of that as the best? i dont have any money to throw around and want to just buy a sure shot

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply...any chance you could pick one out of that as the best? i dont have any money to throw around and want to just buy a sure shot
The ones I pointed out are quite cheap, the uva ursi/dandelion/caffiene stack might be the cheapest, Xpel would require less pills per dose..

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
null why's that true i personally only use 50mg of aldactone 2x a day for 2 days before a show .. i'm definitely not gaining from anything at this point and is certainly not enough to cause gyno ... its just to get any water left out and make sure its gone before i start my shitload
Gains also refers to ability to retain muscle in the case of cutting. When cutting, the AAS you are on help you keep the muscle you've got. When you take aldactone, it's almost like going off cycle. It blocks androgen receptors and prevents any AAS from binding to them.

2 days though probably doesn't hurt much though.

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
The ones I pointed out are quite cheap, the uva ursi/dandelion/caffiene stack might be the cheapest, Xpel would require less pills per dose..
sorry maybe you didnt understand me...i was saying i just dont want to buy multiple diuretics...so whats your favorite regardless of price? :think:

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont have a lot of experience with diuretics but i used Taraxotone for my show last year and it worked pretty well.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sorry maybe you didnt understand me...i was saying i just dont want to buy multiple diuretics...so whats your favorite regardless of price? :think:
Xpel is good..

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I am planning on using aldactone, need to get it first

goldlifter

Awards
fwiw, i would choose dandelion LEAF extract over root

ITLNSTLN5211

Awards
For those who have used taraxatone, Xpel, etc. What was your dosage, water intake, and if used for a show how long before the show did you take it?

Thanks

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The guy who won the Novice Middleweight at my show said he drank tons and tons of dandelion tea. He was drier than anyone I've ever seen in person; his conditioning rivaled the best pros in the Master's contest. Heck, he had conditioning on par with Pavel Jablonski.

So clearly drinking dandelion tea in large quantities has merit.

The other key to dropping water precontest seems to be dropping sodium to practically nothing for the week before the contest. Many of the competitors went so far as to drink distilled water, but I imagine sodium free would do just as well and wouldn't leech essential minerals from your body.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I am 2 days out from from my show and using Dyazide. Far better than Aldactone. Faster acting, noticed a differance over night

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am 2 days out from from my show and using Dyazide. Far better than Aldactone. Faster acting, noticed a differance over night
Yeah, next comp I will DEFINITELY be getting my hands on some Dyazide. Next year, I plan on coming in in the 190s shredded adn dry as a friggin sand dune. I already know a lot of what I'm going to change with my prep the week of the contest that will likely make a HUUUUUGE difference.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Yo, Null let me know if you need a hand getting your diet ready, I will be glad to assist you.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yo, Null let me know if you need a hand getting your diet ready, I will be glad to assist you.
Cool beans! Thanks, man! Won't be for another year though. I'm looking forward to checking out the Leheigh Valley contest on May 20th to scope out the competition. That's what I'll be competing at next year.

Limiting sodium was something I COMPLETELY dropped the ball on. That will be the toughest part of diet planning; finding the right foods that are low in sodium. The worst part is, I have to find low-carb low sodium, then find high carb low sodium foods.

Ah well, for the time being, I don't have to worry about it.

- Note: btw, check out my contest prep thread soon. I took the original highres pics my GF took, cropped them and fixed the lighting a little to get some close-ups of just me. Discovered in a few I had definition in some places I didn't think possible. For example, my lower back was fully striated. My hammies needed work though; seems I tend to carry fat/water there. But it's good to know I don't have the Jay Cutler problem (fat and water in the lower back).

Sorry to hijack the thread.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
anyone tried Watershed by Absolute i think???

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't gotten anywhere close for such pre-contest activity. However, I was wondering how much water weight in pounds one sheds when taking diuretics? Based upon a 200 pound man or something similar.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Ok sorry guys I forgot bout this post. The dyazide worked great. I used 1 dose to many and cause some severe cramping. But for next show I will just strt 2 days out 1 dose a day. I was shredded