Contest prep in May, will be posting progress and posing pics, please give pointers i

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Contest prep in May, will be posting progress and posing pics, please give pointers i

My prep started about two weeks ago and my first menís physique comp (I may consider doing classic physique too) is the first or second weekend of May, I will try to post about once a week with general training and diet info and progress photos but I donít think Iíll be able to post more than that due to my schedule...if I find myself with some time I will definitely throw out some more informational posts about my prep for those who are interested. I have moved since last year thatís why the pics have different lighting and some were taken in the gym, I will try to be as consistent as possible with my photos in the future, I will also be posting some posing photos and please give me pointers on what I can do to pose better.

Anyway starting from where I was last June...at the end of my cut I was 164lbs and the most lean I have ever been, however after a week of vacation I shot up to 170 and that was my starting point for this bulk.

Me at 164lbs

Me at 170lbs

My bulk lasted until January and at the height of it I was weighing 187 lbs however this was not consistent, I stalled out at about 184 lbs come years end. Let me know what you all think of my progress if you can see any, I definitely made some strength gains so Iím hoping there was also some noticeable size gains.

Here is me at 187 lbs with a chest pump

And here is me today, at 180 lbs

The goal for this prep is to come in slightly leaner than I was last year with hopefully a little bit more size at or within a pound or two of the same weight being 164 lbs.

I will be cutting for a long time as you can see and I am doing this because I want to try to minimize muscle loss as much as possible.
    This will also be a natty cut, no performance enhancers whatsoever, besides my prescribed adhd medication if you consider that one.

Anyway if you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask and let me know I would love to hear from you all!!

Posing photos to follow.

2. Is it a drug tested comp? Not that it matters because ppl will still use steroids and PEDís because the tests are so easy to pass and there are tons of ways to beat the tests but it might help a little. Itís tough stepping on stage next to people you know or suspect have used PEDís because those are the guys who win.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    Is it a drug tested comp? Not that it matters because ppl will still use steroids and PEDís because the tests are so easy to pass and there are tons of ways to beat the tests but it might help a little. Itís tough stepping on stage next to people you know or suspect have used PEDís because those are the guys who win.
    I donít think it is drug tested, Iíve been told by people that have competed in it that it is not; the only thing I have considered is an eca stack to give me a little boost but I donít really like how jittery it makes me, I donít want to mess around with my hormones unnaturally as of now, Iíve only been lifting for like a little over a year consistently (I did sports my whole life though) so I donít really have the experience or knowledge to mess with that stuff, Iím also only 22 so Iím kind of in the prime of my life as far as my hormones go and I donít want to mess with that haha

4. You could always try adding a little theanine to your ECA stack to try to minimize any jetteryness. That may be worth a shot.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

5. @muscleupcrohn thank you! I may look into that.

Here are some posing photos from last week, for bbing and menís physique. My front lat spread looks wack but let me know what I could do to improve my posing please, sorry for the lack of lower body, this was the best angle I could get, Iíll try to get some better ones this week or something.

•   

6. Are you doing an NPC show?

7. Quote Originally Posted by evodrag View Post
    Are you doing an NPC show?
    No, itís a local show unaffiliated with a bbing league, Iím doing it to get my foot in the door and get some experience for what competing is like

8. dont use eca stack with another stimulate like adderall.
    www.millenniumsport.net AMJUNE50 50 % off

https://www.facebook.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
  9. Contest prep in May, will be posting progress and posing pics, please give pointers i

Quote Originally Posted by Dracob_ View Post
    No, itís a local show unaffiliated with a bbing league, Iím doing it to get my foot in the door and get some experience for what competing is like
    You donít have to use anything. Itís your first comp. Use it as a learning experience. Then the next show youíll have a much better idea of whatís expected of you. But if it is non tested just be prepared and know that itís open season as far as chemical enhancement. So if someone wants to stack multiple compounds and add stuff like trenbelone they can and no one can stop them. So just be aware that thatís possibly what you could be up against

10. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    You donít have to use anything. Itís your first comp. Use it as a learning experience. Then the next show youíll have a much better idea of whatís expected of you. But if it is non tested just be prepared and know that itís open season as far as chemical enhancement. So if someone wants to stack multiple compounds and add stuff like trenbelone they can and no one can stop them. So just be aware that thatís possibly what you could be up against
    Thank you for the input, I doubt I will use anything as I said the jitteriness of an eca stack is kind of unbearable especially when stacked with another stim like adderall I donít think the risk/reward ratio will be worth it. I was looking at pics from the competition last year and the people who placed 1-5 had some size on me, but their condition was not really close to the level of mine in the top pic, they all looked kind of soft and watery too Iím not really super knowledgeable on the whole conditioning thing but I feel that when dialed in like I felt I was in the top pic Iíd have a pretty good chance but also I wonít know until then if Iíll look the same because of the stressors of the show and whatever else, Iím hoping to come in at least that good of condition and maybe that will land me in a nice spot, Iíve read conditioning is a big part of menís physique so I guess weíll see when that time comes

11. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    dont use eca stack with another stimulate like adderall.
    Yeah thinking about it, probably not a good idea lol

Oh and to answer your other question on the other post (didnít mean to post this twice) I plan to lose about 1 lb a week or a little less maybe like .8-1 lb until show day pretty much, so if my math is correct it should take me at least 15-16 weeks to get down to that, Iím doing like 4 1/2 months of cutting so that should give me enough time, last time before I got to that weight I was up at 192 and not working out and it took me 6 months, this time Iím starting at 180 so Iím hoping it should come a little easier.

12. You will do fine and should be proud up there of the hard work you have put in. If I was to meet you in person I'd shake your hand, wish you luck and be happy for you. Good luck to you as I am getting ready for my first show in May as well.
  13. Contest prep in May, will be posting progress and posing pics, please give pointers i

Hi everyone,

So an update as to where I am, today I weighed in at 178.4 exactly 1lb less from where I was last week at this time, I think I may try to stay here until Saturday as to not be cutting too fast. For diet I do a trial and error approach as this is what has worked for me in the past, being a wrestler for most of my life I am pretty attuned to how my body fluctuates in weight throughout the day, overnight and from what I eat due to having to cut weight for that. I donít count my macros or calories or anything like that Iím far too busy to do that and Iím also very forgetful so I know I would forget to. My diet though consists of mostly protein and carbs my protein is in the form of fish, eggs, whey (snack and pre-workout) and chicken (dinner). My carbs consist of oatmeal (breakfast), rice white or brown I donít have a preference nor do I notice a difference with my body or whole wheat bread (lunch), rice cakes (pre-workout or snack), sometimes Iíll have a tuna sandwich for breakfast not only because I really like tuna but also it gives some variety a little. As the cut goes on Iíll start getting more creative with my meals and let you all know how that goes but those are all the main things I eat. I usually have one cheat meal a week and it does me fine itís usually like a burger or something like last week I had Red Robin and It didnít affect my cut at all but also satisfied cravings.

As far as training goes I have this split;

Sun and Thurs: chest tris
    Mon and Fri: back bis
    Tue: Shoulders
    Wed: Legs

I hit chest tris, back bis twice a week because they have always lagged behind my legs however they have sort of caught up and I think Iím going to prioritize legs a little more come next bulk.

I usually hit 3 chest and back exercises for all with 3 sets excluding warm ups for 5-9 reps each then I do 2 tris and bis exercises after each respectively with 3 sets of 8-12 reps, no warm ups on arms.

My chest exercises consist of flat barbell bench, incline barbell bench and incline cable flys
    My back exercises consist of weighted pull ups, reverse grip cable pull downs and close grip cable rows with the v shaped grip thing.
    For tris I do pull downs and overhead extension and for bis I do supinating grip curls and hammer curls.

Shoulders I do regular overhead press and behind the neck press, side lateral raises, rear delt raises and shrugs. All are 3 sets of 8-12

Legs I do squats, quad extensions, hamstring curls and deadlifts. All are 4 sets of 8-12

Anyway here is me at 178.4 lmk what you guys think and if you have any questions or comments please tell and ask.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Dracob_ View Post
    I don’t think it is drug tested, I’ve been told by people that have competed in it that it is not; the only thing I have considered is an eca stack to give me a little boost but I don’t really like how jittery it makes me, I don’t want to mess around with my hormones unnaturally as of now, I’ve only been lifting for like a little over a year consistently (I did sports my whole life though) so I don’t really have the experience or knowledge to mess with that stuff, I’m also only 22 so I’m kind of in the prime of my life as far as my hormones go and I don’t want to mess with that haha
    Finally a young newbie with maturity and common sense. Repped
    OLYMPUS LABS
    For product questions PM me or email:
    [email protected]

15. Hi all,

So as of yesterday I was 176.4, I had a pretty big re-feed day yesterday and two days ago I weighed in at 174.2, a lot less than I wanted to, I was hoping to be above 177 yesterday after I worked out but that didnít happen which is fine, my workouts arenít suffering, still pushing the same weight maybe 1 less rep on each set max. Anyway as for training I havenít changed my lifting regimen up at all, Iíve always been told ďif it ainít broke donít fix itĒ and Iím seeing progress with my regiment so Iím not gonna change it probably for a while. Iíve added cardio to my schedule though, 3 days a week mon, wed and fri, for about 250 calories burned according to the machines I use. Doing this has made it so I can eat as much as I have been and still be able to lose weight which is fantastic. Iíve been seeing changes in my body comp because Iím noticing new veins popping up especially in my biceps and some in my lower abs, this tells me Iím losing at least some fat which is great. The hunger pangs are starting to strike sometimes but theyíre not uncontrollable so Iím able to deal with them for now, I honestly canít wait for them to get worse itíll really test my mental toughness and knowing that I can stay disciplined and not give into urges will give me a huge confidence boost.

Anyway here are some progress photos from yesterday, one from the morning and one from after my workout. I canít wait for more progress to come, Iím hoping to be between 175-176 by the end of tomorrow. Only like 12 more pounds to go!!

Name:  IMG_0772.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  1.33 MB

Name:  IMG_0776.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  1.21 MB

16. Alright so Iím about 10 weeks out and as of 2 days ago I was at 174.2, things are going very well, I feel good hunger is getting a little more intensified but still not anything too crazy. My diet has not changed whatsoever since last I posted, seems as if the extra cardio is doing wonders as I am still losing weight even with eating the same as I was, Iím still doing about 250 calories worth of cardio give or take and the weight Iím lifting is the same as it has been, one thing Iím noticing now though is my muscles get fatigued a lot quicker than they used to so during the latter end of my workouts Iím pretty exhausted. Still the same split with chest back and arms twice a week and shoulders and legs once. Starting to notice a lot more vascularity in my shoulders and arms, Iím really enjoying this prep and think it is going very well, super excited for what is to come and only 10 more pounds to go! With only ten weeks until the show Iím right on track with where I wanted to be by the end of the cut.

Here are some progress photos from the other day, couldnít resist the good lighting in this room, these were taken about 30-45 minutes post workout so I do have a leftover pump from my workout.

Name:  IMG_0808.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  1.40 MB

Name:  IMG_0810.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  1.28 MB

Name:  IMG_0811.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  1.29 MB

17. Hi all,

So I know itís been a while since Iíve posted itís been a hell of a couple of weeks, there has been a flu going around and Iíve been feeling kind of sick during this period and it has really taken away from my time to be able to post, Iíve been trying to stay disciplined with my diet and training during this time though. Yesterday was the worst of it as I was only able to eat breakfast and was awake for probably a total of 2 hours of the day, I think all of the rest helped though as I donít feel so much sick today as I do just lethargic.

Anyway into the prep, my show is in about 6 or 7 weeks and as of today I weighed 168.4, granted my fluid intake has been very low because of being sick and all, Iíd say with fluids Iím about 170-171 which is perfect and I am still on track to be where I want to be. Training is consistent and hasnít changed since the beginning of the prep and diet has not changed for the last several weeks either, the weight Iím pushing is consistent however my stamina is a lot lower than it was so my reps are down by 1-2 for each lift. I will be upping my cardio to about 300-400 calories per day so I can keep eating what I have been eating and still lose weight as my weight is kind of beginning to stall at between 169-172 pounds.

No posing pics as I havenít taken any in a while but here are some from after my workout today to show progress, Iíll try to take some posing pics tomorrow to post.

Name:  IMG_1521424965.844403.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.20 MB

Name:  IMG_1521424975.478384.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  1.28 MB

Thank you to those who are following along!

18. Keep up the good effort. i see more definition. More lower fat to lose. Keep it going , you can make some great progress in 7 weeks

how many minutes cardio are you do , and is it everyday?
    www.millenniumsport.net AMJUNE50 50 % off

https://www.facebook.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl

19. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Keep up the good effort. i see more definition. More lower fat to lose. Keep it going , you can make some great progress in 7 weeks

how many minutes cardio are you do , and is it everyday?
    Thank you! I do usually around 20-25 minutes of cardio thatís how long it usually takes me to burn around 300 calories according to the treadmill I use, I alternate between uphill walking on its highest incline setting and running at about half of that incline

20. And I do cardio 5 days a week, I take weekends off

21. Subbed! Looking good boss!

22. Hello all,

So as of tomorrow I will be officially 5 weeks out, Iím fluctuating between 162-165 pounds every day usually based on my water consumption that day, my diet is the same thing every day consisting of chicken or lean beef and peanut butter sandwiches pretty much, if you would like a more detailed meal layout for my days Iím willing to let you all know what I do since itís pretty much the same thing every day it wonít be very extensive of a list of foods. Anyway Iím way ahead of schedule as far as weight so Iím just sort of trying to maintain or lose weight much slower rather than keep losing it at the rate I am.

My body composition has changed drastically since the start and I am very pleased with where I am at so far, I am seeing veins and striations I have never seen before Iím my life, yesterday morning I was able to see small striations in my glutes which for me has always been a goal for a prep, it tells me Iím reaching a very impressive amount of conditioning, especially for a natural bodybuilder. My goal for contest day was 164 and since I am at that or below occasionally I think I may shoot for 160 on competition day.

The things that suck that Iím sure all of you know if you have cut to this level before, I am constantly hungry, no matter what I eat, Iíll eat veggies until Iím stuffed then 20 minutes later I will be hungry again, itís basically non-stop all day every day which is rough to say the least, and also I am extremely short tempered, I try to avoid situations that can irritate me for that reason. However Iím surprisingly extremely happy generally and I feel very confident in myself and this has taught me that I can stay mentally tough and disciplined in times where my body is not functioning on all cylinders, maybe only half of them to be honest lol

As for training, it has stayed consistent all this time, my muscle endurance is low, I probably do 2-3 reps less on all my working sets than I used to thatís a hard realization but also Iím very glad Iím able to still even push the weight I was doing before the cut, tells me I havenít lost too much strength during this prep which I know is a thing most people deal with during preps.

As for Cardio I am actually going to lower from 300 cals a day back to 200 on Monday Wednesday and fridays, I have wrestling practice as my cardio two days a week and I underestimate how much I burn during practices so I think that may be the reason Iím ahead of schedule as far as weight loss.

Anyway here is a comparison photo from where I started at 184 lbs to me yesterday at 163 lbs. and also a cool pic in my opinion of my leg I took the other day.

Name:  IMG_1522429594.056107.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  1.60 MB

Name:  IMG_0207.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  355.9 KB

I want to have my friend take some posing pictures of me so I may be posting some soon to really show you all the condition I have right now and for comparison to my last set of posing pictures.

I am so excited for this competition and to be stepping out of my comfort zone to do something like this! And thank you to all who are following along!

23. Hi all,

Here are some posing pics as I said I would get. They were taken after my chest tris workout today, the angle is kind of bad because I didnít have anyone to take them so I took screenshots from a video I took however, they will do. I seem to be retaining a little bit of water which at this time is fine with me seeing as the competition isnít for a while but I can see more and more small details popping out in my physique as time continues to go on.

Name:  IMG_1522634375.093906.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  1.75 MB

Name:  IMG_1522634395.557994.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  1.16 MB

Name:  IMG_1522634409.283873.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  858.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1522634419.551513.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.07 MB