Should I Continue To Prep?

1. Should I Continue To Prep?

Around December of last year I decided that I would want to compete naturally in bodybuilding sometime in the near future. I was powerlifting at the time so I had to lose a lot of weight and I have spent the last year trying to learn my body when it comes to dieting down. I told myself I would compete in August but I couldn't afford it and I couldn't figure out how to diet down properly still. There are no more competitions coming up around me anytime soon and I still am not completely show ready, probably two months out. Should I continue to diet down or just stop torturing myself with a diet for a bit until I find the right competition? Mentally I feel like I need a break but I also feel like I'd be letting myself down since I never reached my goal.

2. Just do it next year. Save up some money so you have it held back for when the competition comes around. Pick a show that is best for your location, and date , stick to it. As for now, yes , I wouldn't keep dieting if you're two months away. I would stay in the condition you are at, and add a bit of food in. If your stomach is become a bit too much when you look in the mirror, cut back on calories. That said, this will give you a break , and its a good challange for you to stay lean so next time you diet down you wont have to suffer as much
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching
    •   

3. I’m an old fart but my first time out I picked a mock contest date to run the the learning experience of dieting for a show. JMO but you’ll do much better after the practice run from diet to drying out.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Should I continue to the cycle
    By Thatoneguys in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 12:08 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 11:59 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:15 AM
  4. should I really continue to run when trying to gain muscle mass?
    By tarheel10 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM