8 weeks out...kinda. Drug free

1. 8 weeks out...kinda. Drug free

Hey guys, long time. I used to post a LONG time ago under a different name, but can't log into that account. Anyways.

A buddy of mine is doing a show, he's 8 weeks out. I want to train like I am doing the show as well, but have no plans to compete. I just want to see if I can get show ready, clean.

I am 5'7" 171 right now. I would guess 9% Top abs are in, bottom two are getting close.

I want to remain drug free, but obviously want to retain muscle as much as possible. I currently do an hour of cardio fasted every morning. Go to work, pretty sedentary but manage to move 2 + miles at work, then lift and HIIT cardio after for about 20 minutes.

I eat high protein, moderate fats and zero carbs, with the exception of post WO, where I eat ground turkey and pasta.

I supplement with high doses of BCAA during cardio, and throughout the day. ALA 300 mg 3 times daily and the normal B, C, Omega, multi, tumeric, milk thistle daily.

Does my cardio and diet look ok? I am losing about 2-3 pounds a week, so far looks like it is mostly fat. I am terrified to lose muscle tho, hence the BCAA's. Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys (and gals)

2. welcome back!!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!
    •   

3. Thanks! Feels like home

4. Quote Originally Posted by TNmuscle View Post
    Thanks! Feels like home
    yup!! real good place.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

5. Hour of cardio sounds drastic as you may be burning muscle as well, perhaps dial it back to 30 minutes as you sound fairly lean
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Hour of cardio sounds drastic as you may be burning muscle as well, perhaps dial it back to 30 minutes as you sound fairly lean
    I know, that is my biggest fear. I do it fasted, and am constantly drinking BCAA/L-Glutamine during. :/

7. Only you can truly be the judge, if you feel/look good, that's all that counts
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio

8. Quote Originally Posted by TNmuscle View Post
    Hey guys, long time. I used to post a LONG time ago under a different name, but can't log into that account. Anyways.

A buddy of mine is doing a show, he's 8 weeks out. I want to train like I am doing the show as well, but have no plans to compete. I just want to see if I can get show ready, clean.

I am 5'7" 171 right now. I would guess 9% Top abs are in, bottom two are getting close.

I want to remain drug free, but obviously want to retain muscle as much as possible. I currently do an hour of cardio fasted every morning. Go to work, pretty sedentary but manage to move 2 + miles at work, then lift and HIIT cardio after for about 20 minutes.

I eat high protein, moderate fats and zero carbs, with the exception of post WO, where I eat ground turkey and pasta.

I supplement with high doses of BCAA during cardio, and throughout the day. ALA 300 mg 3 times daily and the normal B, C, Omega, multi, tumeric, milk thistle daily.

Does my cardio and diet look ok? I am losing about 2-3 pounds a week, so far looks like it is mostly fat. I am terrified to lose muscle tho, hence the BCAA's. Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys (and gals)
    Welcome back. The best thing you can do is just go through with it and learn your body. Proper intelligent , creative, knowledge is crucial. That said, Nothing beats experience, when you are going through a plateau and have done it before. It doesnt mean itll work this time, bc everything doesn't always work as it once did, its worth a shot though and sometimes it does work. Okay im getting deep here haha. Overall, generally without getting into specifics everything looks good, and be thankful for your friend motivating you, I think that's great you are dieting with your friend, as you can learn your body, share tips, etc
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lee Priest, 4 weeks out!
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 05:08 AM
  2. 10 weeks out
    By b-boy in forum Pics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 10:39 AM
  3. 12 weeks out
    By b-boy in forum Pics