How do you guys deal with sugar cravings?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. How do you guys deal with sugar cravings?

Alright guys,

Title says it all!

We all know or have been through contest prep before, and I'm sure have stumbled upon that crazy sugar craving that you get at certain points..

Curious to know how everyone deals with it differently? Or what you have/eat to curb those cravings?

2. I honestly don't get many, however...

Diet soda
    Diet jelly
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    I honestly don't get many, however...

Diet soda
    Diet jelly
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Diet soda is a must for me when I get them..

However, I'm not so sure about fruits during contest prep? Although I know there are mixed opinions on this one

4. Quote Originally Posted by hamzazaidas View Post
    Diet soda is a must for me when I get them..

However, I'm not so sure about fruits during contest prep? Although I know there are mixed opinions on this one
    Strawberries/Blueberries sugar content is pretty low, and timing. 100g of strawberries has 33 calories.

Actually I like Soda Water 😂 😂 😂

I eat diet Jelly if I'm hungry to fill myself up after a meal and feel like I've had something sweet. I actually like it tho!

5. Yes diet sodas are a good cure for me as well. I also make a shake in my first meal of the day with my egg whites and oats using an Apple Jacks Cereal flavored protein powder. It's pretty sweet and helps with the cravings as well
    •   

6. I drink tea with fat in it (coconut oil, macadamia oil).

7. I don't have a craving for sugar, but my cravings for salt finally stopped when I started intermittent fasting.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

8. Lots of great responses here!

Thanks guys

9. Diet Soda
    Berries
    FIBER Supplement. I always pimp Fiber Supps because I feel they help keep me full and keep my cravings in check
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

10. Diet Dr Pepper and ephedrine. Melanotan in small doses also shuts my cravings down but I feel flat while using it so I wouldn't advise it super close to the show (I think it converts my food cravings to sexual cravings lol)
    GS35 for 35 percent off grindstonelabs.com

11. Water & fiber
    Lots of diet pop
    Sugar free gum
    Sugar fee jello

12. Protein shake! The 30 calorie Almond Milk,ice protein powder and a little almond butter!

13. Starbucks iced coffee with sugar free mocha and a splash of almond milk!

14. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Sugar cravings arise from poor gut health, and maybe address that. When you cut sugar out of your diet completely (as close as possible) you have less cravings for it. That is a direct response to gut health and the bad bacteria therein. The cravings are coming from them.

This is why I have invested in GÜTHEALTH by Evomuse.

Is eating behavior manipulated by the gastrointestinal microbiota? Evolutionary pressures and potential mechanisms
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270213/

Dietary sugars: their detection by the gut–brain axis and their peripheral and central effects in health and diseases
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303703/
    Thanks for the info. Great post.
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

15. I really don't get cravings because I don't cut out carbs entirely. It works for some people, but for me it doesn't. I do go fairly low towards the last few weeks and to offset any possible cravings I just mix my preworkout into sugar free jello. That way, before every workout I get to have something sweet!!!

16. Definitely some great ideas in here

I have a bottle of cinnamon sticks by my bed. When I get really hungry I suck on these.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

17. I usually eat a spoonful of honey, it's so sweet that it quenches my cravings for a long time.

-SA
    ---
    Phil Heath Livestream - Tuesday and Thursday - goo.gl/QcixQc

18. I would make sweet potato type chips, sliced thin, baked in the oven and cinnamon powder sprinkled on top
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio

19. Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    I would make sweet potato type chips, sliced thin, baked in the oven and cinnamon powder sprinkled on top
    Never tried them. I Imagine theyre good.

I used to cut sweet potatoes up , put ib a bag , with salt, pepper and olive oil, swish around, put on sheet, then cook. Haven't done it in a while though. Its a decent recipe in place of fries

20. Hmm, that sounds good as well
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio

21. Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Hmm, that sounds good as well
    It is I recommend them a try. On those sweet potatoe cinnamon fries, do you use olive oil, or just bake the fries, then spinkle cinnamon on them?

22. Wow this is old but one that has been known to work well and did for me was to put a tiny dab of toothpaste on the center of your tongue, I am not sure why but it seems to satisfy the craving.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Wow this is old but one that has been known to work well and did for me was to put a tiny dab of toothpaste on the center of your tongue, I am not sure why but it seems to satisfy the craving.
    Unless you crave toothpaste, this just seems like a way to avoid a craving....#moderation

24. Slam down 2 slinmax and eat whatever you like 😀🍩🍰🍦🍔🍟🌭
    And wake up leaner lol 👍

25. Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    Unless you crave toothpaste, this just seems like a way to avoid a craving....#moderation
    Way to be dismissive!

Avoiding / dealing with sugar cravings was the subject of the thread. It works for everyone who told me about it and everyone I have told. Besides during a contest prep #moderation is just ridiculous to suggest... this isn't a general nutrition thread. You have specific macros and specific sugar allowances during prep...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how do you bros deal with breakups
    By warren123 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:52 PM
  2. Replies: 287
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
  3. how do you guys get rid of pins?