How do you guys deal with sugar cravings?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Way to be dismissive!

Avoiding / dealing with sugar cravings was the subject of the thread. It works for everyone who told me about it and everyone I have told. Besides during a contest prep #moderation is just ridiculous to suggest... this isn't a general nutrition thread. You have specific macros and specific sugar allowances during prep...
    its a forum thread where people are free to post their opinions....so I kind of see your view more dismissive than mine. I've seen plenty of guys fit food in during their prep that find less volume but better taste for a certain craving is better for them than putting a dab of toothpaste on their tongue...

2. Wish i can answer this .. but im horrible ...ill go 3-4 days then its off to energy drinks and gummy bears
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    its a forum thread where people are free to post their opinions....so I kind of see your view more dismissive than mine. I've seen plenty of guys fit food in during their prep that find less volume but better taste for a certain craving is better for them than putting a dab of toothpaste on their tongue...
    I agree and you posted yours in a dismissive manner... it's also a forum where I can respond saying so.

Now that we are done with that we can talk about the subject objectively.

Depends on the diet, obviously if needing to deal with the cravings the sugar isn't allowed in that plan. If it isn't allowed then moderate use is still unacceptable. As far as being better for you than a tiny dab of toothpaste, not sure how that is relevant since oral contact with toothpaste is not considered unhealthy. Certainly no more or less healthy than sugar substitutes. Obviously there is room for moving things around within macros, meal timing and what not in a prep. However, if the macros do not allow for it like a keto diet then you just don't do it and a trick like this can help. It tells the brain you just had sweets and the craving goes away. Something to help maintain strict adherence to the diet was the point of my response and is what I assumed was the reason the OP asked.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

4. Walden farms ! But that stuff might back you up if you have too much of it.

5. more protein in general every two hours. Like today after I trained hard, heavy and intense, as im going through an intense phase, which i only do for six weeks tops, I had 50 grams whey, 70 grans simple carbs post training, an hour later 50 grams protein, 15 fat, lean beef, then two hours later 50 grams proein from lean beef again. That kept me satisfied
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by yokedup View Post
    Walden farms ! But that stuff might back you up if you have too much of it.
    Blehhh. Only good things is some of the syrups and coffee creamers, other than that, they're battery acid.

7. Quote Originally Posted by nakedear View Post
    I really don't get cravings because I don't cut out carbs entirely. It works for some people, but for me it doesn't. I do go fairly low towards the last few weeks and to offset any possible cravings I just mix my preworkout into sugar free jello. That way, before every workout I get to have something sweet!!!
    What do you keep your carb intake at per day and on your high carb days how many carbs do you take in? Also how many weeks out does your coach have you cut out carbs completely? Also whats your protein and fat intake set at on high carb days?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how do you bros deal with breakups
    By warren123 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:52 PM
  2. Replies: 287
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:24 PM
  3. how do you guys get rid of pins?
    By mac_dad6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 10:47 AM