Timing A Contest Prep Cycle

1. Timing A Contest Prep Cycle

Hey guys, I'll make this as concise and clear as possible.

Basically, I just started my first cycle. I'm on week 2 of 500mg sustanon/week. I plan to run this for 15 weeks total.

I am in off season. This cycle will end on July 7th.

I found a show on December 3rd that I want to do.

Between July 7th and December 3rd, there are 21 weeks.

Is this enough time to take time off cycle and then go into starting up my contest prep cycle?

Or, would i be better off just low dose cruising until I start my prep cycle?

And how long should a prep cycle be, 12 weeks or 16? I plan to start tapering calories and dieting at least 20 weeks as I need the time.

Thank you in advanced.

2. I'd recommend taper down to about 150-200 test a week cruising on that. Long term blasting and cruising is always the best.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nick8301996 View Post
    Hey guys, I'll make this as concise and clear as possible.

Basically, I just started my first cycle. I'm on week 2 of 500mg sustanon/week. I plan to run this for 15 weeks total.

I am in off season. This cycle will end on July 7th.

I found a show on December 3rd that I want to do.

Between July 7th and December 3rd, there are 21 weeks.

Is this enough time to take time off cycle and then go into starting up my contest prep cycle?

Or, would i be better off just low dose cruising until I start my prep cycle?

And how long should a prep cycle be, 12 weeks or 16? I plan to start tapering calories and dieting at least 20 weeks as I need the time.

Thank you in advanced.
    Good conservative offseason dose (assuming your doing a novice)

Given your timeframe and my general view on the topic, just cruise between the end/start dates. 125mg-250mg a week.

Only you and your coach can decide how early you start your prep. It's dependant on how you personally react to dieting, your discipline, how quickly you drop weight etc.
    However if you stay lean in your offseason (leg separation and full 6-pack) then 12 weeks should be plenty of time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Danus View Post
    Good conservative offseason dose (assuming your doing a novice)

Given your timeframe and my general view on the topic, just cruise between the end/start dates. 125mg-250mg a week.

Only you and your coach can decide how early you start your prep. It's dependant on how you personally react to dieting, your discipline, how quickly you drop weight etc.
    However if you stay lean in your offseason (leg separation and full 6-pack) then 12 weeks should be plenty of time.
    appreciate ur input man, thanks! To be honest i'm a tad fluffy, I would say 16% or so. Planning to do 16 weeks of hardcore prep but i want to start slowly getting into a more structured diet 28 weeks out...at the same time i want to maximize the gains of this first cycle with a good amount of calories, but i think i can make solid gains with a perfect set up of clean meals even if its not some crazy surplus...

5. Cycle off= cycle on + PCT. it is virtually impossible to compete like this because of time. I personally would recommend time off before cutting cycle. Try getting your body back to normal before cycling again.
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My contest prep cycle
    By bwrestler31 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 06:00 AM
  2. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
  3. contest prep cycle