12 DAYS OUT

1. 12 DAYS OUT

Hey community,

I am 12 days out from my 2nd show. I will be competing in men's physique. I'm happy I'm not completely starving myself. Eating 1700 cals a day. Wondering what people do for a backstage pump. I've noticed I look WAY more full and lean after a real workout or at least after 2 exercises compared to a light pump with bands. Anybody relate?

Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454948655.177376.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  210.3 KB[ATTACH]130366[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Look great bruv... I respond extremely well to getting pumps, I usually do one super set, heavy set with a lighter one followed.

Basically for example: Dumbbell shoulder press (8 rep, moderate tempo) followed by a side lateral raise, shooting for 12 reps, really banging them out. You're looking great though.
    Bands don't get me a pump at all.
    •   

3. Nice man thank you. You bring Dumbbells with you? Also how heavy

4. I'm going to have to take dumbbells with, unfortunately I can't stack them super heavy as I would in a normal session because I don't have the plates... But that's when I focus purely on time under tension for most exercises, anything that stretches fully and contracts fully with long time under tension I find works wonders..

Edit to add: Also, are you going to be carb/water manipulating?

5. Il have to buy some DBs. Yea I deplete then load carbs

Water I load then deplete during peak week.
    •   

6. Nice job, man. Looks like you'll be dialed in in time for contest.

I'm looking to do my next contest in March or April, depending on a job-related matter. Might you be able to detail your typical 'water loads + deplete' stage in the week leading up to the contest? Curious to find what works for those with more experience.
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

7. I personally like HALF of a subway meatball sub two hours before I jump on stage. Makes it really easy to get a pump.
    My only advise would be not to mess with your salt levels. Keep them up and don't mess with it. Otherwise your ability to get a pump or any vascularity will be minimised.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

8. 2 weeks out my carbs are around 120. I keep protein very high around 250-260. Fats at 25. I am a small guy. When I am depleted before the carb load I weigh 145ish. I really deplete peak week on carbs. I don't mess with sodium at all really. Just keep my levels moderate. I start carb loading wednesday night or thursday (comp. is on Saturday). Day of the show I eat nutella, pb, jelly, rice cakes. I take a shot of maple syrup as well. I might throw in a little salt on top for the extra pump.

Check out my instagram for more pics coming up to the show. Im 8 days out now. Shmeezy_

9. Half of a 6 inch or foot long sub? I was thinking about eating a sausage egg and cheese from mcdonalds.

10. Solid man! Make sure whatever you eat agrees with your digestion…I've seen way too many people eat the traditional sub or pizza and bloat like crazy since it wasn't food they've had all prep

11. Thank you. I was eating a pint almost every night until about 5-6 weeks out then just on Sunday and Monday night. I had pizza and ice cream about 4 weeks out. I stop "cheats" when I'm 3 weeks. Il probably do rice cakes, jam, Nutella back stage. Nothing to crazy.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ShmEEzy View Post
    Thank you. I was eating a pint almost every night until about 5-6 weeks out then just on Sunday and Monday night. I had pizza and ice cream about 4 weeks out. I stop "cheats" when I'm 3 weeks. Il probably do rice cakes, jam, Nutella back stage. Nothing to crazy.
    Right on man! Playing it smarter is always better…definitely post show pics once up!

13. Quote Originally Posted by ShmEEzy View Post
    2 weeks out my carbs are around 120. I keep protein very high around 250-260. Fats at 25. I am a small guy. When I am depleted before the carb load I weigh 145ish. I really deplete peak week on carbs. I don't mess with sodium at all really. Just keep my levels moderate. I start carb loading wednesday night or thursday (comp. is on Saturday). Day of the show I eat nutella, pb, jelly, rice cakes. I take a shot of maple syrup as well. I might throw in a little salt on top for the extra pump.

Check out my instagram for more pics coming up to the show. Im 8 days out now. Shmeezy_
    Looking good, man. Best of luck at the show.

Thanks for the details on the macros. Interesting to note.
    VikingInc's Journey towards NSL Physique 2016 competition on March 12, 2016, in Houston, Texas.

14. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Solid man! Make sure whatever you eat agrees with your digestion…I've seen way too many people eat the traditional sub or pizza and bloat like crazy since it wasn't food they've had all prep
    Yeah, thats why I don't eat the whole thing. Half is good. I'll start to bloat around 4 hours later.
    Otherwise I just eat 40g protein (kangaroo -i live in AUS) - a table spoon of coconut oil, teaspoon of salt and 500mg of agmatine.
    I've really been thinking latley though if peak week makes much of a difference. So easy to mess up for little gain.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

15. Show is on Saturday. It's Thursday night now going to bed. Started adding carbs in yesterday and today. Feeling good! Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455852934.090485.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  224.9 KB

16. Let us know of your outcome bro! It would be nice to see, and if you have pictures post em up!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2-days out from first contest
    By cgb6810 in forum Pics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
  2. Glen - 12 weeks out
    By glenihan in forum Pics
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 01:49 PM
  3. Two days out.
    By Nuteboy in forum Pics