Pre contest health question

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I'm 8 weeks out. My coach has me in low carb days right now it's about 1500 calories. 50min of cardio a day. I am having insane head rushes when I stand,my heart rate is 44 after having lots of caffeine. Drinking water,have enough sodium,I take a multi and mineral. Is this normal? Never happened to me any other preps

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you weigh?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you dropped down that low on calories with that much work before?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Could be that your just at a lower bf% than ever before

Jmccle2

Awards
Yeah my heart rate got into the 40's during my last prep. I was taking in a ton of caffeine as well. The head rush is probably due to low blood pressure. Just goes with the territory.

1500 calories @ 208 sounds rough though. What's your BF and how often do you refeed?

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
Yeah my heart rate got into the 40's during my last prep. I was taking in a ton of caffeine as well. The head rush is probably due to low blood pressure. Just goes with the territory.

1500 calories @ 208 sounds rough though. What's your BF and how often do you refeed?
Since then everything was fixed. My coach at the time was horrible and didn't listen to me at all. Never had refeeds just kept lowering and lowering calories and upping cardio!! Doesn't work for me. Soon as I threw in carbs and started carb cycling with a higher calorie intake I started losing weight

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Man sorry to hear you worked with a less than good coach…glad your feeling better! How close to the show now?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
DUDE!!! Came in looking good!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You looked good bro, but that heart rate of 44 is concerning to me. My guess is, your ejection fraction is strong and can handle it.. but you always risk acute kidney damage in that situation from decreased blood flow reaching the kidneys.

Mike

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
You looked good bro, but that heart rate of 44 is concerning to me. My guess is, your ejection fraction is strong and can handle it.. but you always risk acute kidney damage in that situation from decreased blood flow reaching the kidneys.

Mike
I knew something was wrong, I eventually left the coach I was working with and everything came together.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew something was wrong, I eventually left the coach I was working with and everything came together.

Good for you man, props for putting your health first.

Mike