How Does One "Dry Out ??"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Question How Does One "Dry Out ??"

Just wondering .... How does one "dry out" - be it for a competition or otherwise ??

What are the methods, techniques, supplements, nutrient intake, etc ???

2. diuretics
    •   

3. read up on them before you do because misuse can be fatal

4. Also anti-E, DHT, fiber, water intake. Also check foods, medicine, and supplements for water retention.

5. Everyone is different. I happen to dry out almost to much without even using diuretics. During your entire contest prep you should be drinking at least a gallon of water a day. A week before the show I start drinking two gallons a day. You will be peeing every hour. Then the day before the show I stop drinking water except small sips. After weigh ins that night I start eating carbs with very small sips of water. The carbs will help suck water out from under your skin and pull it into the muscle making you look drier and harder. Hope this helps. Works very well for me. Not sure how well it would work if your body fat is not super low however
    •   

6. Dont mess with diuretics, thats how these bodybuilders die. It honestly comes down to being truly stage ready and not having fat left to lose. Cutting water is beyond dumb and will just make you look flat

7. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Dont mess with diuretics, thats how these bodybuilders die. It honestly comes down to being truly stage ready and not having fat left to lose. Cutting water is beyond dumb and will just make you look flat
    You realize nearly everyone restricts water, right?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

8. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Dont mess with diuretics, thats how these bodybuilders die. It honestly comes down to being truly stage ready and not having fat left to lose. Cutting water is beyond dumb and will just make you look flat
    I cut water and was full as
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You realize nearly everyone restricts water, right?
    Was going to say this lol
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

10. Reread my post

CUTTING WATER = no water intake what so ever

Obviously manipulating your water, potassium, sodium, carb, protein, and fat intake will produce the illusion you want but cutting any one of those things out is what is going to hurt your physique on stage

11. Quote Originally Posted by BillyBatson View Post
    Just wondering .... How does one "dry out" - be it for a competition or otherwise ??

What are the methods, techniques, supplements, nutrient intake, etc ???
    Sodium manipulation to peak for a competition.
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]

12. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Sodium manipulation to peak for a competition.
    ^^^^Google it and you will find plenty of info on the specifics.
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]

13. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Reread my post

CUTTING WATER = no water intake what so ever

Obviously manipulating your water, potassium, sodium, carb, protein, and fat intake will produce the illusion you want but cutting any one of those things out is what is going to hurt your physique on stage
    That may be your definition, but that doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone else. It's extremely common to go without water for a period of time to pull the water from subQ and into the muscle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That may be your definition, but that doesn't mean that it's the same for everyone else. It's extremely common to go without water for a period of time to pull the water from subQ and into the muscle.
    No water intake will also pull water out of your muscles

15. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    No water intake will also pull water out of your muscles
    I guess everyone else has it wrong and you have it right then.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I guess everyone else has it wrong and you have it right then.
    If your cutting out water completely then you clearly don't have a basic understanding of physiology

cutting water means you'll lose extracellular water, but to maintain homeostasis, you'll also lose intracellular water. The ratio of intracellular to extracellular ratio remains the same but now you've flattened out your physique

17. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    If your cutting out water completely then you clearly don't have a basic understanding of physiology

cutting water means you'll lose extracellular water, but to maintain homeostasis, you'll also lose intracellular water. The ratio of intracellular to extracellular ratio remains the same but now you've flattened out your physique
    Who said cutting out water completely? Your entire premise is based on a presumption that isn't always the case. Yes, everyone goes without water for a period of time, but we're not talking cutting water to make weight levels of restriction. Carbs and electrolytes are generally still being consumed and they help to "pull" the extracellular to intracellular. Oh, and I have a Master's degree in Ex Phys/Kinesiology. You have to have a decent premise of physiology at that point.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Who said cutting out water completely? Your entire premise is based on a presumption that isn't always the case. Yes, everyone goes without water for a period of time, but we're not talking cutting water to make weight levels of restriction. Carbs and electrolytes are generally still being consumed and they help to "pull" the extracellular to intracellular. Oh, and I have a Master's degree in Ex Phys/Kinesiology. You have to have a decent premise of physiology at that point.
    Reread the entire thread dude…lol

I clearly said that water manipulation is needed but cutting out water completely is not.

You stated " It's extremely common to go without water for a period of time"…you were supporting zero water intake which is not beneficial, you did not support water manipulation

19. Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Reread the entire thread dude…lol

I clearly said that water manipulation is needed but cutting out water completely is not.

You stated " It's extremely common to go without water for a period of time"…you were supporting zero water intake which is not beneficial, you did not support water manipulation
    Actually, you said cutting water out completely first and then my response was restricting it. Everyone seems to be in agreement on this topic sans you and then you've strawman'd the rest. Whatever. You clearly know everything.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Agree with you Rodja, dude just wants to argue for the hell of it.

21. Guys use way more than just diuretics for drying. Plenty of anabolic drugs have a drying out effect. Have no idea why diuretics is the only thing being mentioned. It's weird

22. Quote Originally Posted by JeremyNG25 View Post
    Guys use way more than just diuretics for drying. Plenty of anabolic drugs have a drying out effect. Have no idea why diuretics is the only thing being mentioned. It's weird
    Androgens are part of the cycle and are run for multiple weeks. Diuretics are what's used to actually dry out. Androgens help to reduce E2, which is a different kind of "drying out."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Androgens are part of the cycle and are run for multiple weeks. Diuretics are what's used to actually dry out. Androgens help to reduce E2, which is a different kind of "drying out."
    Is there really any point to using a diuretic if you aren't competing? I know prescription diuretics are a different ball game but what about natural diuretics?

24. I went by Layne Norton on BB.com. Explains the water loading / depleting method very well.
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Saw the title and all I could think of is:

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how does one figure out their matienance dosage of
    By freezito in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 07:29 PM
  2. How does one go about lowering Progesterone?
    By Matt Skiba in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM
  3. How does one go about pre and post workout when
    By freezito in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 04:27 PM
  4. How does one go about pre and post workout when
    By freezito in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 07:37 AM
  5. How does one start training for MMA?