Coming off a show and diet getting crazy bloated

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I just came off of a 16 week prep and dieted down to 6% body fat at 190 pounds. Now that I'm done with competition season I'm of course going to have a cheat meal here and there and enjoy food during my off season. My problem is every time I cheat for example something as little as one slice of pizza or a bowl of cereal I get crazy bloated and my face gets so puffy where it's extremely noticeable and I instantly loose my abbs. This really bothers me and makes me feel like **** because other people will point out on days where my face gets puffy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way of getting back to normal. Any tips if any?

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Nope happens to me too, not to the same degree though. I dont get a bloated face or completely lose my abs. its called carb reupping if you're not on a strict diet most likely ull get more bloated as the day goes on and pizza is the worst lol i ate half a pizza a week ago and felt it for a couple days after.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Increase total clean carbs before u jump into "dirty" or cheat meals. Your body will be able to tolerate the bad stuff better after you reintroduce healthy forms of carbs and fats. You can actually shock your whole body if u jump into unhealthy foods after prolonged periods of strict eating --- u won't have the proper balance of enzymes to digest things like pizza or professed cereal...

It's also mental- contest prep is just that, it's an acute state... It's not meant to last long term. Remind yourself of what a balanced diet and nutrtion is and know that being single digit bodyfat year round isn't necessarily healthy

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah so true. Need to stay mentally strong and realize single digits bodyfat isn't meant to last all year round unless it's in ur genetics. I guess I just need to self desipline myself and get back on my contest diet for a week and then slowly add in some clean carbs to my diet. I just hate the moon face so much. I know its water weight too. A long cardio session my face shrinks. My body just seems to store fat and water so easily at this moment.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
It's so depressing and has me self conscious. I go from looking like a god in everyone's eyes last week to being told I have chipmunk cheeks this week.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah so true. Need to stay mentally strong and realize single digits bodyfat isn't meant to last all year round unless it's in ur genetics. I guess I just need to self desipline myself and get back on my contest diet for a week and then slowly add in some clean carbs to my diet. I just hate the moon face so much. I know its water weight too. A long cardio session my face shrinks. My body just seems to store fat and water so easily at this moment.
It's so depressing and has me self conscious. I go from looking like a god in everyone's eyes last week to being told I have chipmunk cheeks this week.
That's the hardest part is readjusting to what is normal. I never competed but I dieted down and maintained 2-3% body fat for a year and a half before serious health complications began (multiple organ failures)

It ain't worth it! So the hardest part is just readjusting to a balanced diet. Contest prep is short compared to what I went through so there's no reason you can't get back to feeling normal mentally and physically with just a week or two of proper nutrition. Keep it simple.. My diet consists of greek yogurt, small amounts of fruit, lots of potatoes (white and sweet) lots of green veg. And any lean meat/fish and eggs and brown rice.
The clean carbs will adjust your body back to healthier metabolism (it slows down when u contest diet)

All my buddies who have competed go through what u go through too.. It's hard not to just start eating ANYTHING. But as u can see u have to give your body a little time to adjust

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Use a nutrient partitioner like Glycobol and such. High dosed biotin can work too (can work similar to Metformin)

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
That's the hardest part is readjusting to what is normal. I never competed but I dieted down and maintained 2-3% body fat for a year and a half before serious health complications began (multiple organ failures) It ain't worth it! So the hardest part is just readjusting to a balanced diet. Contest prep is short compared to what I went through so there's no reason you can't get back to feeling normal mentally and physically with just a week or two of proper nutrition. Keep it simple.. My diet consists of greek yogurt, small amounts of fruit, lots of potatoes (white and sweet) lots of green veg. And any lean meat/fish and eggs and brown rice. The clean carbs will adjust your body back to healthier metabolism (it slows down when u contest diet) All my buddies who have competed go through what u go through too.. It's hard not to just start eating ANYTHING. But as u can see u have to give your body a little time to adjust
That's crazy man! Can you elaborate on what happened to your organs?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yes I'm curious as well what happened with your organs? Was it caused from being such a low body fat%? Also any pictures you could share? 2% bf you must have been beyond shredded bro ! Thanks for the advice too. I just want this bloating to go away. I'm not even going to bother looking at my stomach until my face bloat goes down and my vascularity returns.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's crazy man! Can you elaborate on what happened to your organs?
Yes I'm curious as well what happened with your organs? Was it caused from being such a low body fat%? Also any pictures you could share? 2% bf you must have been beyond shredded bro ! Thanks for the advice too. I just want this bloating to go away. I'm not even going to bother looking at my stomach until my face bloat goes down and my vascularity returns.
I was shredded but it was gross. I went from 190lbs to 90lbs in a year... I looked like a freak and was in ICU close to dying. Obviously this is extreme, but on the way to that state, I had health issues begin around 130-140lbs with irregular heart beat, very low pulse (29-40), almost unmeasurable blood pressure, was hypoglycemic around the clock, my kidneys stopped concentrating my urine, and my liver was so stressed from the muscle wasting and other factors I can't remember. My pituitary shrunk. I stopped being able to achieve erections or produce semen at age 17. I was losing hair... The list goes on... Just overall malnourished and too low body fat yea... All whilst working out 2-3 hours a day and consuming roughly 200-400 calories per day of ALL protein... Trace fats and literally less than 10g of carbs. I was fcked up.

image-2659461329.jpg

This is all I have on my phone. I have some other horrible ones on my computer. I looked like a Skeleton. That was at about 105lbs on the left versus this time last year 165lbs. Under my eye that dark spot is not a shadow. My eyes were black and sunken in. I also had sores all over my legs and arms from skin malnourishment. Basically, I was dying for several months and was hours away from having heart and kidney failure when I was checked into the hospital against my will. I was treated for over a year for anorexia and none of it worked... Idk how or why it happened or how or why I was able to stop.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread but when I hear buzz words like the OP had about being self conscious or afraid to eat certain things or whatever... I can relate 100%!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys I just came off of a 16 week prep and dieted down to 6% body fat at 190 pounds. Now that I'm done with competition season I'm of course going to have a cheat meal here and there and enjoy food during my off season. My problem is every time I cheat for example something as little as one slice of pizza or a bowl of cereal I get crazy bloated and my face gets so puffy where it's extremely noticeable and I instantly loose my abbs. This really bothers me and makes me feel like **** because other people will point out on days where my face gets puffy. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way of getting back to normal. Any tips if any?
Take about 10mg of Biotin with those carb meals and see if that helps. High doses of Biotin helps increase carb metabolism efficiency. I believe it interacts with insulin to increase sensitivity among other things. It may help in getting the carb nutrients where they need to be - in the muscle.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take about 10mg of Biotin with those carb meals and see if that helps. High doses of Biotin helps increase carb metabolism efficiency. I believe it interacts with insulin to increase sensitivity among other things. It may help in getting the carb nutrients where they need to be - in the muscle.
I will try this.. Do u suggest it even for a post workout meal where insulin sensitivity should already be high? I believe those like myself and op who have carb metabolism deficiency do not reap the full benefits of the post workout meal

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will try this.. Do u suggest it even for a post workout meal where insulin sensitivity should already be high? I believe those like myself and op who have carb metabolism deficiency do not reap the full benefits of the post workout meal
If that were the case, I'd say go carbless post workout altogether. U can build muscle on a carbless PWO period quite easily. It just also means u eat plenty of carbs prior to working out though.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the biotin something u suggest daily with high carb meals?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys will try this. Is there any better options then biotin out of curiosity to help with increase carb metabolism efficiency ? Being carb sensitive sucks so bad.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys will try this. Is there any better options then biotin out of curiosity to help with increase carb metabolism efficiency ? Being carb sensitive sucks so bad.
Gda's

Burn24 or anabolic pump.. Recompadrol also

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
So 10,000 mcg of biotin with meals meals would do me good ? Maybe a total of 30mcg a day. Or should I dose it higher ? I have biotin 10,000mcg sublingual.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Start with one and go up from there. No studies have been past 15000mcg though...

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Start with one and go up from there. No studies have been past 15000mcg though...
Whats your thought on r-ala? Been looking into a supplement called glucorell r and it looks decent. It consists of 100% pure r-ala and biotin.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats your thought on r-ala? Been looking into a supplement called glucorell r and it looks decent. It consists of 100% pure r-ala and biotin.
That'd be a good combo. I think r -ala increases insulin sensitivity. U might need copious amounts for it though.

Honestly, fasting, caloric deficit, and cardio also increase insulin sensitivity, which helps the body utilize carbs better anyways. I'm not sure if that was the original problem though.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's my problem. My body is having trouble utilizing carbs and I am storing fat very easily and gaining weight. I just came off a 16 week prep and my only carb sources came from oatmeal and sweet potatos. I was hoping the R-ALA biotin combo would helps utilize the carbs better and preven the fat storage. Overall it seems like a great bodybuilding supp. Could be good for cutting or bulking.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been dosing the biotin as recommended here since Friday.... I can't note any major changes but I have increased my carbs by about 50-60g a day, possibly 100.... And no changes noted in body comp- however muscular fullness and vascularity is way up- as well as body temp.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been dosing the biotin as recommended here since Friday.... I can't note any major changes but I have increased my carbs by about 50-60g a day, possibly 100.... And no changes noted in body comp- however muscular fullness and vascularity is way up- as well as body temp.
I usually notice body temp increase, less low blood sugar swings, and increased energy.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea.. I've been staying up way later than usual bc I am simply not tired at night all the sudden lol
Yeah I don't take mine any later than 5pm. That allows me to go to bed around 11pm.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried the original anabolic pump ? Have heard good things about it. Is it a insulin mimicked ? Not too familiar with the ingridiants.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Has anyone tried the original anabolic pump ? Have heard good things about it. Is it a insulin mimicked ? Not too familiar with the ingridiants.
I used og ap back a few years ago. I didn't know too much about what it was for but I did see some of my best gains around that time. It gave me some awful and almost uncontrollable shiits tho which backed up some of the reviews I read that had given it the nickname "anabolic dump". New ap doesn't do that to me but still gives a great carb pump. Can't say the gains are the same tho but it's hard to truly compare as my diet and training are much different as well as how long I've been at it for

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I took it when it first came out but didn't know what it was used for and only took it cause the guy was ripped on the bottle lol. I was only 16 at the time so diet and training was not on good But now that I'm older and understand training and nutrition and what anabolic pump is actually designed for I'm curious how good it would work for me.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anabolic pump is all I use.. The other gdas seem to be more popular on these forums.. But AP treats me well... So I use it religiously

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anabolic pump is all I use.. The other gdas seem to be more popular on these forums.. But AP treats me well... So I use it religiously
The best I've used are AP and Recompadrol. recompadrol took the cake for me this spring during the early stages of my cut. Totally blown away.