First show in just over a month.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

I have been aiming to do a physique show since august 2013 and the day is coming up on april 26. I've got an ex-pro giving me advice but often he is a little stingy with the information. He still has to teach me how to pose. So any tips and tricks would be nice.

I've dropped from around 18-20% bodyfat to the point where i believe I am in the best shape of my life so far.

My first question is and the biggest running through my head: am I in good enough shape (given i still have a month of cutting left) to be able to do well in this comp and no embarrass myself - I dont want to come last. I have a photo attached - but its only of my abs so far. Ive started to get veins comming up my lower trunk and now up and over the abs - (hopefully you can see.)

And second: is it always this big of a mind ****? Someday I think i'll own it, others im not sure if i want to enter. I know i have to enter soon. So be honest. If I am no where close, just say it.

brobody

Awards
There is no way to tell if you will place better than last unless the usual people who compete come every year.its al about experience you gain from it.I think you will be fine as long as you peak just right before the show posing is not hard at all compared to bodybuilding I would look to layne norton contest prep last week on bodybuilding.com to see what you should do week before show.some guys have been at this years and years you just have to get better and bigger and leaner each year you will never know unless you try but just a ab shot won't tell anyone how lean you are people hold fat in diff places

Markos4

Awards
U look good,i guess.but IMO your chest seems a lil bit small though.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey Guys,

I have been aiming to do a physique show since august 2013 and the day is coming up on april 26. I've got an ex-pro giving me advice but often he is a little stingy with the information. He still has to teach me how to pose. So any tips and tricks would be nice.

I've dropped from around 18-20% bodyfat to the point where i believe I am in the best shape of my life so far.

My first question is and the biggest running through my head: am I in good enough shape (given i still have a month of cutting left) to be able to do well in this comp and no embarrass myself - I dont want to come last. I have a photo attached - but its only of my abs so far. Ive started to get veins comming up my lower trunk and now up and over the abs - (hopefully you can see.)

And second: is it always this big of a mind ****? Someday I think i'll own it, others im not sure if i want to enter. I know i have to enter soon. So be honest. If I am no where close, just say it.
Competitions always measure with your head. Every time I get ready for one I stress but I've finally found peace. You should plan on doing a show in near the middle to end of May. That'll give tou kore time to...1: figure out your body 2: come in more relaxed 3: enjoy the entire experience.

Stick to the master plan.

Don't over think it.

Remember if youre afraid to come in FLAT you'll come in FAT!