What food/supplements can go on flights inbound to US?

AK1

AK1

Awards
Hi Guys.

I will be coming over with the wife to the good ole states soon (Florida). My flight is going to be about 15 hours I think as there are two stops (first one to NY). The obvious concern for me is eating as I do not know what is allowed in my hand or cargo luggage.
Worst case scenario I have to buy some supplements over there instead of brining my own (not that I am against buying from your economy - its just that I get supplements at trade price here so it saves me £££). The main issue is on flight (I'm not competing any time soon so I dont have to be EXTREMELY regimental with eating habits - but I still want to keep my body fed regularly with clean sourced food if possible).
The flight operator instructions online say no animal based products - I do not know if that means I can take on flight but not through customs????
But no animal based products on the flights eliminates: Meat; Eggs; Milk based supplements?: Protein bars??? Essentially all non vegan protein sources which doesn't leave much!!! Also no vegetables or fruit (so goodbye sweet potato!).

Maybe Brown rice or Oats allowed???

Lol I have protein crisps !!! They could get through!!

Any advice on this issue would be appreciated - I dont want to get taken down before my flight by FBI for smuggling protein contraband !!!!!!

skrzy

skrzy

Awards
You can take protein bars. Maybe oats and rice. You can always ship your supplements also.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi Guys. I will be coming over with the wife to the good ole states soon (Florida). My flight is going to be about 15 hours I think as there are two stops (first one to NY). The obvious concern for me is eating as I do not know what is allowed in my hand or cargo luggage. Worst case scenario I have to buy some supplements over there instead of brining my own (not that I am against buying from your economy - its just that I get supplements at trade price here so it saves me £££). The main issue is on flight (I'm not competing any time soon so I dont have to be EXTREMELY regimental with eating habits - but I still want to keep my body fed regularly with clean sourced food if possible). The flight operator instructions online say no animal based products - I do not know if that means I can take on flight but not through customs???? But no animal based products on the flights eliminates: Meat; Eggs; Milk based supplements?: Protein bars??? Essentially all non vegan protein sources which doesn't leave much!!! Also no vegetables or fruit (so goodbye sweet potato!). Maybe Brown rice or Oats allowed??? Lol I have protein crisps !!! They could get through!! Any advice on this issue would be appreciated - I dont want to get taken down before my flight by FBI for smuggling protein contraband !!!!!!
Never had a problem with ( low sugar, lol..) protein bars, and whey protein sample packs in my carry on....( brought an empty shaker cup)
:)

aceroni

Awards
I just flew from Michigan to Florida with a cooler full of chicken and rice. On the way there, and back. They checked it, but they let me through with it.