DW 12 weeks to Wheeling, WV mens physique

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys and gals, figured I'd shift gears and go with a new log for a new show. I'm currently "lean bulking" for the next 4 weeks or so (staying within a few % of stage bf) before I begin a full 8 week prep (unless my coach wants more/less)

Meeting with an IFBB pro next week, we spoke after my show about joining his team which has turned a few people pro....2 in men's physique I believe. That'll make the last weeks more "top secret" but I can still share mood/workouts/pictures.

Thanks for joining and ill probably post some pics Saturday morning on my 1 week progress.

I've been doing my best to reverse diet but I have binged, last night was pretty bad but I won't let it happen again. Just need to stay focused.

Macros are about like so
Protein: 350
Carbs: 150
Fat: 50

Just south of 2500 cals, I was between 2-2200 the last weeks of my show. I know it's much different set up than the past. I'm trying to manipulate carbs to grow with GDA's and keeping them pre/intra/post. Ill add 50gr/week until 8 weeks out then go into prep mode

Right now I'm about 35pre/25intra/100 ish post (don't measure sauce lol)

Pre/intra will bump by 25 ecach next week then i shall re evaluate. Ill also be back to 45min AM cardio 5 days a week to help keep gains lean

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed brah :)-but just for nudes really

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders with the GF tonight. She's a good workout partner actually :cool:

Reverse Pec Dec 2 sec squeeze
90x30
90x30
90x27
-drop
50x15

Heavy DB swings
40x30
40x30
40x30

6-ways
10x12
10x11
10x10

Seated side laterals FST-7
7 sets @ 20lbs 10-12 reps
-30sec rest

I had to drink my water like an infant, 2 hands.

My stomach is still watery AF! I have abs but I'm super smooth, idk what's going on here. Very irritating.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In.

Shoulders with the GF tonight. She's a good workout partner actually :cool:

Reverse Pec Dec 2 sec squeeze
90x30
90x30
90x27
-drop
50x15

Heavy DB swings
40x30
40x30
40x30

6-ways
10x12
10x11
10x10

Seated side laterals FST-7
7 sets @ 20lbs 10-12 reps
-30sec rest

I had to drink my water like an infant, 2 hands.

My stomach is still watery AF! I have abs but I'm super smooth, idk what's going on here. Very irritating.
Lol'd at drinking water like an infant. You're not the only one. At this point I'm only up a few lb. but look like trash lol. Who is your coach?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

Lol'd at drinking water like an infant. You're not the only one. At this point I'm only up a few lb. but look like trash lol. Who is your coach?
Right now? I am and have been my own coach lol

Idk how much I'm really up, probably 8-10. Scale said 196 but that was training at night fully clothed.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right now? I am and have been my own coach lol

Idk how much I'm really up, probably 8-10. Scale said 196 but that was training at night fully clothed.
No, I mean the one you were talking about hiring. This part:

"Meeting with an IFBB pro next week, we spoke after my show about joining his team which has turned a few people pro....2 in men's physique I believe. That'll make the last weeks more "top secret" but I can still share mood/workouts/pictures."

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm in for this too, should be a fun ride

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sick shoulder workout today!

Standing side laterals with squeeze
35x12
40x12
45x10

Over and backs
95x12
95x12
95x12

Heavy swings
40x25
40x25
40x25
-drop
20x12 full range

Hammer strength behind the head press
225x20
225x20
225x19

Had to grind out those hammer presses. Did the mattys4 ab workout and 30min LISS cardio post workout (trained fasted)

Ill be hitting chest and tris fasted tomorrow too and finally meeting with the pro!

Picked up some new Shox today too. Hard to bit the bullet for $120 then I reminded myself I haven't bought workout shoes in over a year and they were mesh zig teks that ripped. Last pair of Shox I had lasted 2 years so I justified it ;-)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hitting chest after shoulders is a terrible idea. Never doing it again, had a sick pump and was super full looking but just didn't feel solid. My shoulders are actually sore AF.

On a bright note, after the meeting, ill be joining the team I spoke about earlier. I start everything Wednesday, really excited about what this means for my future in the fitness world.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sucks dude about the shoulders. I actually dont mind chest/shoulders together. If im going to do it though it takes me forever to figure out what order to do stuff in. What team are you joining? Local?

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hitting chest after shoulders is a terrible idea. Never doing it again, had a sick pump and was super full looking but just didn't feel solid. My shoulders are actually sore AF.

On a bright note, after the meeting, ill be joining the team I spoke about earlier. I start everything Wednesday, really excited about what this means for my future in the fitness world.
Yeah, that chest workout was not happening lol.

Good news! I'll be interested to see what happens with that as far as diet and training changes and appearance from show to show go.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Im in! I hope you dont mind me sitting in on this and possibly copying the style the pro lays out for you for my show next year...

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off day yesterday and god bless. I was super sore, my back mostly which I trained Tuesday.

Still a little sore today, not real sure why? Cals have been on point, carbs are up a little and I've been sleeping at least 7hrs.

Pump'd to hit shoulders tonight!
Maybe the increased fullness from the carbs is allowing you to stress the muscles more effectively. That's what always happens to me.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Full and vascular today, woke up pretty dry and a little flat as carbs were a little lower yesterday so I added a few today. Bellys pretty full and bloated right but my waist is still under 32" and hovers near 30" when I wake up lol.

I think my shoulders are noticeably fuller, rounder and bigger in the 2 weeks of higher carbs and the FST-7 method twice a week. Need to snap some pics!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgot to mention, I start my new diet and training today. Kind of in recomp mode, more carbs focused around my 2 shoulder days but overall, still a lower carb diet. I'm back on am cardio and my training volume has been up'd significantly. No more shakes and a lot of meat/chicken on the menu!
Woo sounds good man!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long do you think you'll go with the recomp/super lean bulk thing before tightening things back up for the next show?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long do you think you'll go with the recomp/super lean bulk thing before tightening things back up for the next show?
Not really sure, we have twice a week meetings and we'll make adjustments every 5-7days. I'd imagine I'll be doing this until about the 6 week out mark.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Metabolic Powder came today!!!!! Some other goodies too, putting it to the test for my cheat meals, along with Recompadrol.

Sh!t just got reeeeeaaaaalllllll
Your bout to get big and lean bro. You'll see the power of all I sent you in full force by beginning of next week in terms of hardness

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Metabolic Powder came today!!!!! Some other goodies too, putting it to the test for my cheat meals, along with Recompadrol.

Sh!t just got reeeeeaaaaalllllll
Enjoy the MP bro my wife and I love it. Just picked up a few more tubs actually.

Your bout to get big and lean bro. You'll see the power of all I sent you in full force by beginning of next week in terms of hardness
Awesome!!! I'm jealous though ;-)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enjoy the MP bro my wife and I love it. Just picked up a few more tubs actually.

Awesome!!! I'm jealous though ;-)
All you gotta do Is ask sometimes. He got the remainder of most of my raws

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely! EBF's help has helped take my physique to a whole new level. When I turn pro, it will not be forgotten.
Always happy to help my man

Here's a small study on an ingredient

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
Galegine and guanidine, originally isolated from Galega officinalis, led to the development of the biguanides. The weight-reducing effects of galegine have not previously been studied and the present investigation was undertaken to determine its mechanism(s) of action.
EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH
Body weight and food intake were examined in mice. Glucose uptake and acetyl-CoA carboxylase activity were studied in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes and AMP activated protein kinase (AMPK) activity was examined in cell lines. The gene expression of some enzymes involved in fat metabolism was examined in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
KEY RESULTS
Galegine administered in the diet reduced body weight in mice. Pair-feeding indicated that at least part of this effect was independent of reduced food intake. In 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes, galegine (50 microM-3 mM) stimulated glucose uptake. Galegine (1-300 microM) also reduced isoprenaline-mediated lipolysis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and inhibited acetyl-CoA carboxylase activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes. Galegine (500 microM) down-regulated genes concerned with fatty acid synthesis, including fatty acid synthase and its upstream regulator SREBP. Galegine (10 microM and above) produced a concentration-dependent activation of AMP activated protein kinase (AMPK) in H4IIE rat hepatoma, HEK293 human kidney cells, 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes.
CONCLUSIONS AND IMPLICATIONS
Activation of AMPK can explain many of the effects of galegine, including enhanced glucose uptake and inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase. Inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase both inhibits fatty acid synthesis and stimulates fatty acid oxidation, and this may to contribute to the in vivo effect of galegine on body weight.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely! EBF's help has helped take my physique to a whole new level. When I turn pro, it will not be forgotten.
Its always nice to get that help especially in our world today when money doesnt go very far.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I'm about to cook my dreaded salmon. Bought those cedar planks, maple flavor and some applewood dry rub. Even went buck wild and bought fresh Atlantic salmon. I figure if I can't make this taste good, I quit and ill buy the 5/lb frozen bags and hate life haha.
If you wrap the salmon in tin foil then cook it in what ever seasoning you choose it will cook and taste so much better.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm about to cook my dreaded salmon. Bought those cedar planks, maple flavor and some applewood dry rub. Even went buck wild and bought fresh Atlantic salmon. I figure if I can't make this taste good, I quit and ill buy the 5/lb frozen bags and hate life haha.
That actually sounds kick ass..

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate asking lol

Indeed it is! On top of quality products the guy is very generous.
Thanks man.

Don't be afraid to ask if I can't do something ill let you know lol

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid workouts, this added volume has some gigantic pumps. Great thing is I haven't started my versa/Jack3d AF stack yet! Should be great once it gets here.

Woke up a little watery this morning. Sushi tends to make me hold water for an extra day or 5 haha.

The salmon is out of this world, I never thought I'd look forward to eating it but I am.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid workouts, this added volume has some gigantic pumps. Great thing is I haven't started my versa/Jack3d AF stack yet! Should be great once it gets here.

Woke up a little watery this morning. Sushi tends to make me hold water for an extra day or 5 haha.

The salmon is out of this world, I never thought I'd look forward to eating it but I am.
Nice work man. Keep killin it

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Yo good work keep it up... wheres the pics at?!?!? ha i wanna seeeee. what class are you in? im in medium cuz im 5'9" Im gettin rdy for a show oct 12th! so def subbd in on this!!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yo good work keep it up... wheres the pics at?!?!? ha i wanna seeeee. what class are you in? im in medium cuz im 5'9" Im gettin rdy for a show oct 12th! so def subbd in on this!!
I'm about the same height. It's hard to get pictures up bc I only have my phone and the size is always too big. That's why I usually ask breezy to post em up lol.

Where's your show? My GF has a show herself that date.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about the same height. It's hard to get pictures up bc I only have my phone and the size is always too big. That's why I usually ask breezy to post em up lol.

Where is the show?

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established

i like how there is cash prizes also!

Attachments

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
yo DW you got any tips on posing for our class? Do u wanna flex hard or stay tight and look relaxed ?

and what do you think is the proper time to carb up? the day before ? the morning of?

just wanna hear your opinion thanks!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yo DW you got any tips on posing for our class? Do u wanna flex hard or stay tight and look relaxed ?

and what do you think is the proper time to carb up? the day before ? the morning of?

just wanna hear your opinion thanks!
This gonna sound weird but you need to flex without looking like you're flexing. Just staying tight with your mid section at all times.

Carb timing is soooo different for each person. Some ate front loaders, others back. Some front load then load hard the day of. It's more of a how you're looking and re acting to your diet the final weeks and how lean you are.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
hmmm i think i understand haha. ya i guess ill justhave to look at my body... so basically if i want my muscles to look fuller carb up the day before like crazy?