Build up to cut down MCcrews road to the SD physique show! - AnabolicMinds.com

Build up to cut down MCcrews road to the SD physique show!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Build up to cut down MCcrews road to the SD physique show!

So I competed a few years back in bodybuilding and got stomped on for being tallish but not massive. My muscle definition was stellar but the bulk was just not there so this time I am going to switch styles and see if I can go pretty boy and compete in the San Diego Mens Physique category next march. I stay some what lean through out the year and I know that if my diet stays on point I can do a beneficial lean bulk and put on a few lbs then come the first of the year work and shred down. I will be documenting my supplementation, work outs food and posting progress pics. Any and all supplements that I take will be of my own pocket book (unless a rep wants to sponsor me )

I welcome any and all advice/ criticisms and any and all questions
    Cheers

Stats
    6 foot
    203 lbs
    12-15% BF

Target for bulk
    210lbs
    14-16% BF

Target for cut
    195-200lbs
    4-6% BF for show
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Pics or it didn't happen.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Check out my log that I'm running right now if you want some instant gratification I'll post some pics tomorrow after the gym so I'll have good before and after shots
    Rep For IronFlex

•   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Check out my log that I'm running right now if you want some instant gratification I'll post some pics tomorrow after the gym so I'll have good before and after shots
    I just never knew you were in such good shape and were in a position to compete.

I always assumed you were just another gym rat (because I've only come across your posts in passing).
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I just never knew you were in such good shape and were in a position to compete.

I always assumed you were just another gym rat (because I've only come across your posts in passing).
    It has been a few years since i have competed and I think that if the option to go into a physique competition vs body building I would have done really well. I am basing my assumption just looking at the people that competed in this years SD classic. I will find my old photos and post them up and let the AM community be the judge but I have spent the last few years building and building and now that this class is gaining a bit more reputation I think it would be a fun time to jump in and do it again.
    Rep For IronFlex

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed! In it for motivation!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Subbed! In it for motivation!
    Thanks Puccah I was reading on one of your threads that you are power lifting now? thats awesome!
    Rep For IronFlex

8. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For the record I'm Will and you're DJ Jazzy. Team Crew all the way

Squats do a booty good.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    For the record I'm Will and you're DJ Jazzy. Team Crew all the way

What it do? Name:  DJ-Jazzy-Jeff-Married.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  109.7 KB
    Rep For IronFlex

10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks Puccah I was reading on one of your threads that you are power lifting now? thats awesome!
    Yes!!!! Thank you! I super love it! I can't wait to see your progress!
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

The first pic was at the beginning of the year and the other ones are from this month.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Rep For IronFlex

12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

The first pic was at the beginning of the year and the other ones are from this month.
    Ummmmm... I'm pretty fuking speechless! You look amazing!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Ummmmm... I'm pretty fuking speechless! You look amazing!
    Thank you there is still a lot of work to do though!
    Rep For IronFlex

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

*edit* the second pic was from the beginning of the year
    Rep For IronFlex

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Pics from the show 4 1/2years ago 165 super lean.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Rep For IronFlex

16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

You looked great!
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Ok So I was thinking it over last night and I am going to make this run with out any synthetic hormonal assistance. I have a few bottles of epistain M1A and few other things but I want to see what I can do on my own. I am going to do a 60 day run of Erase, DAA, and ARA, along side a pre-work out while Im bulking so I can keep a hard appearance and also to see if I would benefit from running it (minus the PWO) during contest prep into the show. For the next two months I will be running a 5x5 work out routine going 2 days on 1 day off. I will be hitting my calves 3 days a week because if Im going to be judged in board shorts I want those puppies to pop! I will be running roughly 400-600 cal above normal but the excess calories will come from high protein med-low fat meats and complex carbs.
    Rep For IronFlex

18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Leg Day
    warm up:
    Clean with Front squat 135X10X3

Leg Press 850lb 5X5
    Seated calf raises 180X5X5
    Lunges 75lb dumbbells 5 steps each leg
    Standing Calf raises 275 5X5
    Pause Squats 315X5X5
    hoist seated calf press 260 5X5
    Dead Lifts 225 5X5
    Rep For IronFlex

19. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ahem. Monday Bunday for you too!?
    Squats do a booty good.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Ahem. Monday Bunday for you too!?
    It was! but it was arms and chest day for everyone else. I am convinced that people are doing three two day splits at my location. Day one Chest Day two arms & repeat over and over again. I actually had a guy ask me if I was really "using all that space for my lunges" I just laughed and let him continue his smith machine chest press.

Oh BTW made a bomb dinner last night oven roasted butternut and sage pasta with pine nuts and a little bit of olive oil and a bunch of garlic! Sooooo good!
    Rep For IronFlex

21. Professional Member

It was! but it was arms and chest day for everyone else. I am convinced that people are doing three two day splits at my location. Day one Chest Day two arms & repeat over and over again. I actually had a guy ask me if I was really "using all that space for my lunges" I just laughed and let him continue his smith machine chest press.

Oh BTW made a bomb dinner last night oven roasted butternut and sage pasta with pine nuts and a little bit of olive oil and a bunch of garlic! Sooooo good!
    Curls for the girls! That sounds really good. I want pasta now, thanks.
    Squats do a booty good.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Curls for the girls! That sounds really good. I want pasta now, thanks.
    It was super easy to make... Dinner Idea for ya maybe?...
    Rep For IronFlex

23. Professional Member

It was super easy to make... Dinner Idea for ya maybe?...
    If you have a lower carb version, but it always tastes better when someone else makes it.
    Squats do a booty good.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

If you have a lower carb version, but it always tastes better when someone else makes it.
    nope its a high carb meal lol
    Rep For IronFlex

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Back
    Warm up pull up variations 5X5 SS with straight arm cable pull downs 80X10X5

Bent over barbell rows 165lbsX5X5

1amr barbell row 100lbs 5X5

Bent over T bar row 150lbs 5X5

Lat Pull down 205lb 5X5

Dumbbell Rows 75LBs 5X5

Seated calf press 460lbs 10X10 with 10 sec break in between sets

Fun Fact of the day People who remain calm in stressful situations have a higher rate of depression and obesity so... its ok to FRREEEEAK OUUUUUTTTTT!!!!!
    Dont believe me? here is a link it was a real study http://www.asylum.com/2010/12/20/cal...-health-risks/
    Rep For IronFlex

26. Professional Member

Lol at the comment. The overall message I got from the article is to not keep things bottled inside until you're about ready to blow up. More likely to feel repressed and resentment. Express yo self.
    Squats do a booty good.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Lol at the comment. The overall message I got from the article is to not keep things bottled inside until you're about ready to blow up. More likely to feel repressed and resentment. Express yo self.
    This is my usual reaction to everything that stresses me out! Name:  supernatural_freak_out_.gif
Views: 106
Size:  1.02 MB
    Rep For IronFlex

28. Professional Member

Ha!

Squats do a booty good.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Ha!

Such an epic movie! Im sooooo excited for the second one.... hold on... umm....Name:  its-the-pattern-of-the-pants-ron-burgundy.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  84.2 KB
    Rep For IronFlex

30. Professional Member

No kidding! I have the movie on DVD and have seen it ohhh about a hundred times already. So excited!! On the count of 3?

Squats do a booty good.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

No kidding! I have the movie on DVD and have seen it ohhh about a hundred times already. So excited!! On the count of 3?

Name:  35ibes-216x300.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  22.3 KB
    Rep For IronFlex

32. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is my usual reaction to everything that stresses me out! Name:  supernatural_freak_out_.gif
Size:  1.02 MB
    Too including Touey's Tables?
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    Too including Touey's Tables?
    Especially Toueys Tables!!!!
    Rep For IronFlex

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I know I said I was going to do 2 days on 1 day off but my body was up and ready to go so I was not going to deny my self the pleasure of the gym lol tomorrow is my day off Ill take a break then.
    Shoulders and arms
    Warm up varying dumbbell raises with different weights targeting each head of the delt.

Close grip upright cable rows 160lb 5X5
    Wide grip upright Barbell rows 105lbs 5X5
    Arnold Press 65lb dumbbells 5X5
    Behind the back Smith machine shrugs 4plats and two 25lb plats 5X5
    Cable Face pulls 120lbs 5X5
    25lb dumbbells seated rear delt raises X5 ss with hammer curls X5 ss with kickbacks X5 ( i did three cycles of these continuous ) for two sets.
    100lb ez bar skull crushers 5X5
    100lb ez bar wide grip curls
    40lb lying down tricep extensions 5X5
    40lb dumbbell curls SS with reverse curls 5X5X5

Fun Fact of the day: The silhouette on the NBA logo is Hall of Fame Laker Jerry West.
    Name:  i-7cce3dc44cb7c546abab31ea979cdcc1-west.gif
Size:  23.5 KB
    Rep For IronFlex

35. Professional Member

Haha you overachiever you
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Haha you overachiever you
    Well when you feel good you feel good. I may even do legs 2 times this week lol!
    Rep For IronFlex

37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

In! My father likes to remind us about the Jerry West thing from time to time. He forgets he told us that back in the 80's.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post
    In! My father likes to remind us about the Jerry West thing from time to time. He forgets he told us that back in the 80's.
    Thanks for joining along! I never new that little fact I thought it was just a dude they drew.
    Rep For IronFlex

39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Chest
    Incline dumbbell 75lbs 5X5
    Flat dumbbell 100lbs 5X5
    Incline Bench 225 5x5
    Flat Bench 275 5X5
    Decline Dumbbell 85 5X5
    Incline dumbbell flies 45 5X5
    Cable tricept Press with bar 180 5x5 SS with pushups 5x5
    Overhead Cable Extensions with rope 130 5X5 SS with dips 5x5

Fun Fact of the day: Donald Ducks middle name is Fauntleroy. Name:  220px-Donald_Duck_-_temper.png
Views: 64
Size:  75.0 KB
    Rep For IronFlex

40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Legs
    Warm up:
    Super Set a$$ to heels 135 squat 20 reps

Pause box Squats 315 5X5
    Seated calf raises 4 plates 5X5
    Dead Lifts 245 5X%
    Standing calf press 205 5X5
    1 leg leg press 200 5x5 Each leg
    dumbbell Box steps 75lb DB 5x5 each leg
    Seated 1 leg calf press 190 5x5 each leg

Fun fact of the day •Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28 •Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38
    Rep For IronFlex

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trying to cut down the bodyfat!
    By KoreanMMA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-15-2011, 05:15 AM
  2. Trying to cut down before i bulk. suggestions?
    By keton09 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:43 AM
  3. Trying to cut down before i bulk. suggestions?
    By keton09 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
  4. Trying to cut down before i bulk. suggestions?
    By keton09 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
  5. what should i do to cut down???
    By Stifler659 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 04:43 PM