NPC mens physique question.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Would 5'8" 185lbs @ single-digit BF be too "big" for the mens physique contest?

That has always been a goal of mine, but worried I might be considered too muscular?

On the other hand, I'm nowhere near ready for an actual BB competition. Wanted to get my feet wet with mens physique.

gymrat727

gymrat727

Awards
Post a picture everyone holds weight differently

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Distiller water is 5'9 and about 185. He was told he may be to muscular. But honestly I don't think he is. Post up a picture.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive seen some pretty darn muscular mens physique competitors.

gymrat727

gymrat727

Awards
Ya some of them are muscular but they deduct points from people that are to muscular and unfortunately you can be in the spot where your to big from physique but to small for bb best thing to do is get a good coach and get other opinions from people

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
LOL I'm 165 at the moment.

Normally I walk around 170-ish, but have slacked off on my eating some. Hell if I was tanned I could probably compete right now!

Unfortunately I hate being 160 anything, would feel much better in the 180's.

I'm gonna do a serious bulk this fall/winter, hopefully to a minimum of 190 so I can cut back by this time next year. That's when I was thinking of competing.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL I'm 165 at the moment.

Normally I walk around 170-ish, but have slacked off on my eating some. Hell if I was tanned I could probably compete right now!

Unfortunately I hate being 160 anything, would feel much better in the 180's.

I'm gonna do a serious bulk this fall/winter, hopefully to a minimum of 190 so I can cut back by this time next year. That's when I was thinking of competing.
So compete now and see how you do and where to improve.

LivingStrongE

Awards
Ive seen some pretty darn muscular mens physique competitors.
I have to agree with this. As years progress, these physique competitors are getting huge. I'm going to do my first show in October and I feel small.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Currently I am 11 days out and 6'1" and at 215lbs. In the Midwest area up here (Minnesota is where I am from) they say I am to big. Though I have met many pro men's physique guys and they are all big dudes. Not BBer big, but big. So it all depends on how you stand, how you hold your muscle ect. Off the top of my head, on a National Stage you would do just fine, but a picture would help a lot more.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Currently I am 11 days out and 6'1" and at 215lbs. In the Midwest area up here (Minnesota is where I am from) they say I am to big. Though I have met many pro men's physique guys and they are all big dudes. Not BBer big, but big. So it all depends on how you stand, how you hold your muscle ect. Off the top of my head, on a National Stage you would do just fine, but a picture would help a lot more.
I am 6-2 200lbs on stage. I get told I am too big. But I feel small at 200. I shredded som muscle and drop down for my last show to 190lb and won. Go figure.

I think it depends what the stage looks like. If the stage is full of little guys you stick out, I the stage is stack with good muscle then you have a better chance. Pick your shows where the bigger competition is going to come.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Also your 11 days out you will probably 205 on stage, dropping the last little bit of adipose tissue and water.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Also your 11 days out you will probably 205 on stage, dropping the last little bit of adipose tissue and water.
Yeah more then likely.

And i do agree with you, it depends on who is on stage with you and what the judges are looking for at the time. The problem with Men's Physique is that it still being new, judges are still not exactly sure what they are looking for.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
For sure the judges make a big difference. Good luck bro. Hope you do well keep us posted

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
David Lees

David Lees

Awards
It varies from show to show, class to class and also the area where the show is held. From my experience, East coast shows tend to favor the bigger physiques like mine whereas West coast shows seem to favor more of the slimmer/smaller physiques. I would say just get in shape and go for it, the worst that could happen is you don't place well. You will still have a kick ass physique and have the great experience of being on stage.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
It varies from show to show, class to class and also the area where the show is held. From my experience, East coast shows tend to favor the bigger physiques like mine whereas West coast shows seem to favor more of the slimmer/smaller physiques. I would say just get in shape and go for it, the worst that could happen is you don't place well. You will still have a kick ass physique and have the great experience of being on stage.
Yup.

No matter what it's a blast and only 1% of the world will ever know what it feels like to be that shredded.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I am 6-2 200lbs on stage. I get told I am too big. But I feel small at 200. I shredded som muscle and drop down for my last show to 190lb and won. Go figure.

I think it depends what the stage looks like. If the stage is full of little guys you stick out, I the stage is stack with good muscle then you have a better chance. Pick your shows where the bigger competition is going to come.
I am 6 foot and 200lbs on stage never had anyone tell me I was to big the judging in physique is all over the map.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I agree, and small world I know you from over at ******** and facebook lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I am 6 foot and 200lbs on stage never had anyone tell me I was to big the judging in physique is all over the map.
What area do you show in?

I felt tiny at 190, i dont even like myself at 200 lbs. I want 210-211 lbs for 2014. I will be traveling for some different shows.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
What area do you show in?

I felt tiny at 190, i dont even like myself at 200 lbs. I want 210-211 lbs for 2014. I will be traveling for some different shows.
Just Michigan so far, I qualified for national level but have yet to compete at that level.