Having trouble cutting !!!! Helpful advice ???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

Having trouble cutting !!!! Helpful advice ???

I'm 6'4" 300 lbs .. Very carb sensitive !!!!! No appetite !!!! I want to compete badly but I need to lose alot of bf!!! I do my cardio and high volume training!!!!

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.89%

Chicken diet. Drop everything unhealthy and eat grilled chicken with mrs dashes seasoning and some lemon juice all boiled/ steamed on the stove. Eat 40 grams worth of protein in chicken every hour or two and drinks TONS of water. I didn't have much to lose in the first place and lost about 8 or 9 lbs the first 10 days.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.76%

That's absolutely retarded. Don't listen to him. You need a well rounded diet (and salt). Eating just chicken, or even just chicken as your sole protein source is dumb. Post up your diet and we can critique it. You've not really given us anything to go by. We're not gonna feed you everything on a silver effin spoon. Do some work for yourself and we can help you along.

Judging by your avatar you're on the right track. How do you know you're super carb sensitive? Are you weighing and logging all your food?
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gilmorecraig View Post
    Chicken diet. Drop everything unhealthy and eat grilled chicken with mrs dashes seasoning and some lemon juice all boiled/ steamed on the stove. Eat 40 grams worth of protein in chicken every hour or two and drinks TONS of water. I didn't have much to lose in the first place and lost about 8 or 9 lbs the first 10 days.
    You will paint the toilet bowl red with blood if you do this. Get clean. Chicken, lots of veggies, high amounts of healthy fats to compensate for you going low carb. Eat fiber.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.89%

It actually worked great for me. Didn't"paint the toilette red" and have gained size and list fat. It wasn't retarded at all. Dropped 12 lbs and look better than ever. I didn't say it was the only way to go, but it's cheap and it works.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It actually worked great for me. Didn't"paint the toilette red" and have gained size and list fat. It wasn't retarded at all. Dropped 12 lbs and look better than ever. I didn't say it was the only way to go, but it's cheap and it works.
    This is a personal opinion on your end and should not be portrayed as an industry standard. Congrats on the fad dieting approach if it actually worked but the basic guidelines for dieting should be referenced first...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.89%

Didn't say it was an industry standard or a fad. He asked a question and I gave my two cents. Don't sit on your high horse and judge for a diet your not on and say its wrong. He can take the idea or not, but just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Didn't say it was an industry standard or a fad. He asked a question and I gave my two cents. Don't sit on your high horse and judge for a diet your not on and say its wrong. He can take the idea or not, but just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.
    never said it was wrong and i actually said "congrats" to you.....
    www.lgsciences.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19%

To the OP, what kind of cardio are you doing? And like was mentioned, maybe you could post up your diet so we can help better....

Try drinking lots of water, eating a lean, balanced diet, and make sure you're doing legit cardio, ie., not just walking or jogging for 10-20 minutes (not saying you aren't).
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Does anyone else have any advice for OP?
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%

Quote Originally Posted by burnstacp View Post
    That's absolutely retarded. Don't listen to him. You need a well rounded diet (and salt). Eating just chicken, or even just chicken as your sole protein source is dumb. Post up your diet and we can critique it. You've not really given us anything to go by. We're not gonna feed you everything on a silver effin spoon. Do some work for yourself and we can help you along.

Judging by your avatar you're on the right track. How do you know you're super carb sensitive? Are you weighing and logging all your food?
    Amen!!!!!!

lol ----Chicken Diet. No sodium, what is he in peak week
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%

What you told him is very unballanced and could cause more issues then good. If he has aspirations of competing then dont jump right into peak week without setting your body up for it.

OP. here is a little advice.

Find out your lean mass. eat 1g of protein per lb of lean mass, play with your carbs to find out what holds you steady with weight. this may take a few weeks. I suggest starting at 50g of carbs per meal 6 meals a day, and adjust up or down till you find where you hold steady. Keep fats around 50g-60g per day. Use healthy fats- coconut oil, olive oil, almonds, cahews, avacado. things along those lines. Keeping your fats and protein the same g per day and only adjusting carbs will help you find a good number. Once you find out how many carbs and calories hold you steady, cut carbs down to give yourslef a deficit
    so you slowly lose weight .

That is a very basic way, there are more ways but to get you along the right track that will help. I would not worry about salt at this point, Gilmore did not lead you completely wrong as that will strip fat but not prp you for a show. You would also lose muscle and not prep youself for a show.

Also, most my clients that believe they are overly carb sensative are not. They just dont understand how a carb works, its function and how much they actually eat when they think they only eat a few, in actuality they have eaten 3 to 4 times what i would eat in a day. Carbs can cause you to hold more water, that does not mean fat. So if your weight goes up instantly from depletion it is normal, its glycogen and water storage. Carbs are anabolic and elicit and anabolic response from the body, such as insulin release, the most anabolic compounds. ballance is key.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.58%

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post
    What you told him is very unballanced and could cause more issues then good. If he has aspirations of competing then dont jump right into peak week without setting your body up for it.

Find out your lean mass. eat 1g of protein per lb of lean mass, play with your carbs to find out what holds you steady with weight. this may take a few weeks. I suggest starting at 50g of carbs per meal 6 meals a day, and adjust up or down till you find where you hold steady. Keep fats around 50g-60g per day. Use healthy fats- coconut oil, olive oil, almonds, cahews, avacado. things along those lines. Keeping your fats and protein the same g per day and only adjusting carbs will help you find a good number. Once you find out how many carbs and calories hold you steady, cut carbs down to give yourslef a deficit

That is a very basic way, there are more ways but to get you along the right track that will help. I would not worry about salt at this point, Gilmore did not lead you completely wrong as that will strip fat but not prp you for a show. You would also lose muscle and not prep youself for a show.

Also, most my clients that believe they are overly carb sensative are not. They just dont understand how a carb works, its function and how much they actually eat when they think they only eat a few, in actuality they have eaten 3 to 4 times what i would eat in a day. Carbs can cause you to hold more water, that does not mean fat. So if your weight goes up instantly from depletion it is normal, its glycogen and water storage. Carbs are anabolic and elicit and anabolic response from the body, such as insulin release, the most anabolic compounds. ballance is key.
    Great advice. I'm going to put this into practice.
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.77%

Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

Atleast someone agrees with me
    www.lgsciences.com
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Atleast someone agrees with me
    I think I agree with you more then I do with most others.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Workout wise i would suggest High Intensity Weight training as well. I've been experimenting with this and its working great.
    Here is what you do: We'll use shoulders for example. The basis behind this is to make a Tri-set
    Start with biggest lift. This is for 6 reps (using a 6 rep max weight). Then one that is not quite so heavy - this is for 12 reps (using 12 rep max weight). Then an ISO movement-this is for 15 reps (using 15 rep max weight).

So it looks like
    Shoulder press: 6 reps (no break)
    Upright row: 12 reps (no break)
    barbell front raises 15 reps (2 minute break)
    However in the two minute break i work in 2 sets of 15 rear delt raises.
    Repeat 4 times

Afterwards i may add in 3 sets of 15 of other exersises, like side laterals and reverse fly machine, keeping the breaks at 30 seconds betweeen sets.

For back:
    6 chinups (add weight if neccessary) (no break)
    12 barbell rows (no break)
    15 dumbell pullover

2 minute break working 2 sets of 15 reps of reverse crunches into your two minute break
    repeat 4 times.

I'll then add in 3 sets of 15 reps (30 second break between sets) of pulldowns and cable rows.

Then do HIIT for 15-20 mins post workout.
    You wont have to drop your carbs as much.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Workout wise i would suggest High Intensity Weight training as well. I've been experimenting with this and its working great.
    Here is what you do: We'll use shoulders for example. The basis behind this is to make a Tri-set
    Start with biggest lift. This is for 6 reps (using a 6 rep max weight). Then one that is not quite so heavy - this is for 12 reps (using 12 rep max weight). Then an ISO movement-this is for 15 reps (using 15 rep max weight).

So it looks like
    Shoulder press: 6 reps (no break)
    Upright row: 12 reps (no break)
    barbell front raises 15 reps (2 minute break)
    However in the two minute break i work in 2 sets of 15 rear delt raises.
    Repeat 4 times

Afterwards i may add in 3 sets of 15 of other exersises, like side laterals and reverse fly machine, keeping the breaks at 30 seconds betweeen sets.

For back:
    6 chinups (add weight if neccessary) (no break)
    12 barbell rows (no break)
    15 dumbell pullover

2 minute break working 2 sets of 15 reps of reverse crunches into your two minute break
    repeat 4 times.

I'll then add in 3 sets of 15 reps (30 second break between sets) of pulldowns and cable rows.

Then do HIIT for 15-20 mins post workout.
    You wont have to drop your carbs as much.
    I am a fan of HIIT cardio. What split do you use for your cardio 1:4
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

20-25 seconds out of each 60. if im doing 15 mins hiit i'll spend 10 mins at 25 seconds sprints and 5 mins at 20 second sprints.

Or i pyramid: 1 minute 9 (speed), one minute on 10, one minute on 11, one minute on 13, one minute on 14, >one minute on 10, one minute on 11, one minute on 13, one minute on 14, one minute 15> one minute on 11, one minute on 13, one minute on 14, one minute 15, one minute 16 (finish)

have you ever tried HIT lifting as i outlined?
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.2%
    Achievements Activity Pro

20-25 seconds out of each 60. if im doing 15 mins hiit i'll spend 10 mins at 25 seconds sprints and 5 mins at 20 second sprints.

Or i pyramid: 1 minute 9 (speed), one minute on 10, one minute on 11, one minute on 13, one minute on 14, >one minute on 10, one minute on 11, one minute on 13, one minute on 14, one minute 15> one minute on 11, one minute on 13, one minute on 14, one minute 15, one minute 16 (finish)

I have tried the pyramid scheme before. Works well, it is a hell of a push on the body. I have a few workout programs that are structured like that too.

I also agree with 02sixxer on his nutrition. Even if you are carb sensative, this is a good structured plan.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%

I have done it with the stair stepper pyramiding up, but normally I do it 1 minute all out 2-3 minutes sometimes 4 light. But I do a lot on a track. One minute all our sprint which is a quartermile sprint then a few minute jog or fast walk depending on how I feel that day and how long I plan on going. Sometimes I have clients so I have to change things up to their conditioning.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

I was 340+ when I started if you need any help or my diet plans I used pm me please.you don't need to carb cycle or use any diets too hard until your bf gets low.I used a well balanced diet to drop over 145 lbs.its not easy but its not as hard as people make it seem.I would like to offer to help you the whole way through this if your willing to give 100% in this.ill even skype or phone call when not on shift. Hit me up if your interested free of course

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cutting Cylce Advice
    By HUGE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
  2. have trouble eating enough....help
    By 16dawg23 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
  3. New to cutting need advice/help
    By lostboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17